Unanswered Prayers

Discussion in 'KAW 12' started by Lo Ro, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Lo Ro

Lo Ro Well-Known Member

-------------------------------------------------->Unanswered Prayers

In life we aren’t given the chance to go back in time and fix wrongs, or change events. Mostly it is because we learn from the wrongs and the events that happen in our lives are what shape us into the adults that we become, if we are so lucky to make it to adulthood. This tell begins for a girl on a night in February 1990, and as well go through the timeline of her life you will see dear, reader, that to change anyone thing would change who she turns out to be. Let us start at the beginning.

February 1990

“Mother is going to labor, she is a high-risk pregnancy we need to get her into surgery now,” says the doctor to his nurse.

The doctor and medical staff get the mother prepped for a C-section and once the mother is under they start cutting her open to get the child, whose heartbeat or rather the lack of a heartbeat, has the doctor very concerned.

“The cord is wrapped around her neck, we need to get her out and breathing, cut that damn cord now nurse,” the doctor says lifting the baby girl up and out.

Once the cord is cut, the doctor smacks that baby girl on the bum several times, she is blue and cold to the touch, and as panic set in the doctor smacks her one last time and she lets out a blood curdling scream that lets them know that she is alive. The doctor hands the baby girl off to the nurse to clean her and wrap her as he goes back to the mother and stitches her up. What felt like hours for the doctor was in truth only a few moments in time. After getting the mother taken care of he personally went to request tests and labs be done on the infant girl ASAP. By the time the mother woke from her drug induced sleep the doctor had the all clear on the girl that had given him such a fright.

“You have a very healthy baby girl,” he said to the mother and father.

“Do you have a name picked out for her?” The nurse asked.

“Her name is…

September 1991

“It’s a baby boy, and he is healthy, gave us a lot les trouble then his sister did,” the nurse joked with the twice blessed parents.

February 1996 – Five Years later

The sound of the judges’ hammer being smack against wood could be hear throughout the courtroom.

“I award custody of the girl and boy to their father, mother has supervised visitation if she so desires,” the judge gives his ruling to the father and his new girlfriend.

June 1996 – The Wedding

“The divorce is final and I plan to marry again, you and your brother are going to have a new momma and sister,” the father tells his children.

The children were excited because their new momma was their babysitter and she was fun and took care of them. The day of the wedding saw smiles on everyone’s faces, especially the pregnant bride. The vows we exchanged and two families were joined together in holy matrimony.

September 1996 – A New Addition

“Okay mom we have to push him back in he is stuck, his shoulders are to wide,” the doctor tells the in-pain mother.

The doctor works tirelessly to bring the baby boy into this world, not only does he have to push him back in, but he unfortunately had to break the baby boys’ arm in order t ger him out. it took hours, but the baby boy was finally brought into the world and other then a sore arm he was a happy and healthy little man.

1997 – The First But Not Last Time

“Here you go momma I got the rest of the socks for you. Oops I am sorry I accidently dropped a sock in the dirt,” the girl said looking up at the mother

SMACK…the girl heard it and then felt the sting on her cheek where her mother smacked her.

“You stupid girl, now I have to re-wash it because of your clumsiness,” the mother yelled at the shocked girl.

The girl told her father that night and the mother told her father that she could not handle the girl because she was a mean little child that told horrible lies, so the mother left and went back to the house she lived in before the couple married.

At the end of the week the mother invited the father and his children to lunch at her house and the father had a talk with the girl before they left.

“I love her girl, and she wants to be your momma, while we are there today you need to apologize to her and ask her to come back,” the father told the girl loading her into his truck next to her brother.

The father and his children arrived at the mothers’ house and went in, the girl didn’t really want to be there, for she had gotten to where she did not like the woman, but for her father she went to the kitchen to see if the woman needed help. The woman was nice at first, and then she dropped a bag of beans on the floor and the girl thinking nothing of it bent down to start picking them up and the woman stepped on her fingers and ground them into the floor.

“That is what you get you little bitch, you better pick up ever single bean, and go ahead and tell you father he won’t do anything about it, wipe your fucking tears you stupid baby,” the woman told the girl.

That day was the day that the little girl became the woman’s bitch and her punching bag, it wasn’t just the girl, the woman also hit her brother.

June 2, 2003 – The Day Before Everything Changed

The “family” had moved several times over the years and where currently in Adelanto, California. The father was working as a security guard at a corrections facility there. The girl had gotten up with him at 3 am that morning to help him get ready and make sure his lunch was ready to go and that he actually remembered to grab it. After seeing him off and shutting off the porch light the girl went back to her room, but instead of going back to sleep she sat up and prayed to a “God” she knew would ignore her, but pray she did. She prayed that her step mother would leave her alone and not find a reason to smack her around that day. Her step sister was down visiting and her and her mother along with the girls’ oldest brother would be in the workroom smoking and getting high. So, that meant that the chores would fall to the girl because her other brother was to young to do anything. The girl prayed that she would only have to see her step mother when she went to do the laundry later that day. However, like it always seemed to go the girls prays went unanswered, and a couple hours later the woman came in to get the girl.

“Get your stupid, fat, worthless ass up and make us breakfast, you dumb bitch,” the woman told the girl shutting her door.

The girl came out of her room and headed directly for the kitchen, she washed her hands first and then went about cooking the bacon and sausage and then she graded the potatoes and fried them. After feeding her brothers, sister and the woman, the girl cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes, then she got to the house work. First, she swept the kitchen and bathroom and then mopped them. Next, she vacuumed the hallway and then each room, while she was in each room she made the bed and collected the laundry. After that she finished up the vacuuming and then carried the laundry to the back room, she started with her brother’s laundry and her laundry, as the woman had told her to the day before. She loaded the first load of laundry into the washer and as she was about to open the door and leave the woman stopped her.

“Your brother can’t do the dogs today he isn’t feeling well, you need to go out and feed them, untangle them, clean their water dishes out and refill them and pick up the poop. When you get to the back you need to spray off the porch because that dog has pissed on the concrete. Also, tomorrow is trash day so you need to collect all the trash and take the cans down to the end of the street. Understand?” The woman said making sure the girl understood her new set of chores.

The girl nodded yes and then headed outside, she knew she had forty-five minutes before the first load would be done, so she set about raking up the poop from the two dogs they had out front. After raking it into a pile, the girl got a shovel and then shoveled it into the trash can. She then went back inside and washed her hands before she went to move the washed clothes to the dry and start another load. Then it was back out front, she had a little bit longer because drying always took longer then washing, so the girl dumped out the containers with water in them and used a wash cloth to wash out all the green smelly stuff. After the containers were clean the girl filled them back up with water. Once that was done the girl filled up the dog’s food containers and then untangled their chains so they could move about easier. Once again, it was back inside to wash her hands, she went and folded the dry clothes and start the process all over again, another load in the dryer and then another in the washer. She went and put away her brothers’ first load of laundry and then went out back to clean up after the dog back there. Getting that done was simple and didn’t take very long. She got the boys’ laundry done and put away and her load was now drying, she washed her parent’s normal clothes next and once again as she was getting ready to leave the woman stopped her.

“We’re hungry, make us some sandwiches and brings us each a soda. You may not eat or have a soda, you need to lose weight you can eat at dinnertime,” the woman told the girl.

The girl once again nodded her head and went to do as she was bid. She knew better than to try and sneak food, so she ignored her growling stomach and made sure the woman and them got their food, then she went to find her youngest brother and made sure he ate. After they ate the girl washed up the dishes they had used and then she gathered the trash and recycling and took them out to the trash cans, she then wheeled the trash cans down to the end of the driveway and made sure to put them so they didn’t block the entrance to the driveway. The girl went back to doing the laundry, she got her laundry folded and put away and was working on her parents’ laundry when her father got home. She helped him get his equipment off and then he went to shower and change his clothes. The woman and her daughter and the girls brother finally came out of the workroom and the woman stopped the girl on her way from the living room.

“What the fuck are you doing, you stupid bitch, your father is home go start dinner and don’t fuck it up,” the woman told the girl squeezing and twisting her arm.

The girl nodded not bothering to cry because her tears only gave the woman joy. She went to cook cheeseburgers and cut potatoes for homemade fries. She managed not to burn the burgers or the fries and she made sure everyone got their food and something to drink, she went to the kitchen to eat by herself, just as she was about to take a bit the woman came into the kitchen.

“This burger is dry as fuck you stupid cunt, you cooked it to long, give me your plate until you learn how to fucking cook my food properly you won’t be eating, do these fucking dishes you worthless bitch,” the woman said smacking the girl in the face several times before leaving.

The girl got to work cleaning up and doing the dishes. After that she finished folding her parents’ laundry and got it put away before they went to sleep. But the girls’ day wasn’t over because she still had a load of her fathers’ uniforms to do for work. Her step sister left that night and the others went to bed shortly after. The girl put her fathers’ uniforms in the dryer and then to make sure she didn’t fall asleep she sat on the steps and waited. But like it often happens the best laid plans go astray.

June 3, 2003 – The Day Life Changed

BANG

The sound of the door slamming against the wall startled the girl, but what really woke her up was the woman grabbing her by her hair and pulling her out of bed and slamming her into her bedroom wall.

“You stupid, lazy fucking bitch. You went to sleep and didn’t hang up your fathers’ uniforms,” the woman yelled at the girl.

The woman dragged the girl to the laundry room by her hair and threw her down the few steps there was and the girl knocked into the dryer. The woman then proceeded to beat the fuck out of the girl, kicking her, and punching her, but that wasn’t enough for the woman.

“I hate you, you stupid worthless, lazy bitch, I am going to kill you, I want you dead,” the woman said as she picked the girl up and tossed her head first over the half door that separated the workroom from the laundry room.

“That didn’t kill you? To bad,” the woman said when the girls’ skull didn’t crack open and kill her.

The woman was determined to kill the girl, she opened the half door and got behind the girl and picked up her neck, and used her fat stomach and strength the woman pushed forward on the girls’ neck. At first the girl fought back, but as the woman kept telling her how much she hated her and how worthless she was and how the woman wanted her dead, the girl just stopped, she quit fighting and went lax against the woman, she wanted to die and escape the woman and the woman was promising her that. Everything happened so fast after that, once the girl went lax her neck went all the way forward and snapped and she could no longer feel anything. She could no longer move.

“Get up you dumb whore,” the woman said.

“I…I can’t, I can’t move or feel anything,” the girl said in a small voice.

“I don’t believe you,” the woman snarled.

At 13 years old the girl had developed tits, and the woman bent down and bit the girl on both of her tits hard, hard enough to leave teeth marks.

“Did you feel that you little slut?” The woman asked.

“No,” the girl said.

The woman proceeded to kick and punch the girl trying to get her to react, but the girl could not move she couldn’t even lift her hand to deflect the blows to her face. The woman finally realized that the girl was in fact telling the truth and she could not move, so the woman picked her up and put her in a chair.

“I’ll be back you stupid bitch, I have to go see your father off, by the time I come back you better be moving,” the woman told the girl with one more smack to her face.

By the time the woman came back the girl was no better, and she had pissed herself but didn’t know it until the woman said something to her about it. The woman dragged the girl by her hair up the stairs and down the hallway to the living room, she then left her laying on the floor on her side to go and get her clean clothes. The woman and the oldest brother got the girl changed with much touching, pinching, and hitting. The woman ordered the brother to kick the girl in the back and they took turns doing that for a little bit, before they set the girl up next to the furnace and against her fathers’ desk. The woman sat on the couch and kept re-playing Marina McBrides’ song “Concrete Angel” sing and emphasized parts to the girl, telling the girl how much she hated her. After a little while the woman wanted to go lay down and take a nap, so she dragged the girl back to her room by her hair and with the help of the girls’ brother they got her onto the bed, but the girls’ legs wouldn’t co-operate with the woman, and so the woman spread the girls’ legs wide, so wide that something snapped inside the girl. The girl knew there should have been pain but all she heard was the pop she didn’t feel anything.

The girl was supposed to sleep but she couldn’t, instead she laid there and realized that her plans were ruined. All she wanted was to get away from the woman, she wanted to double major in Archeology and Marine Biology and travel the world and get far away from the woman, but now that would never happen. She didn’t bother to pray anymore, he never listened, her prays always went unanswered. It was mid-morning when the woman came back into the girl and she brought a pudding and chair with her. She feed the girl the pudding, but the girl didn’t really want the pudding she wanted what the woman had promised her, death. After the woman realized that the girl wasn’t going to get better she became apologetic and sorry, she promised the girl that she would change, she didn’t want to go to jail her son needed his mother. So, the girl did something that she would come to regret, she lied. A story was invented and though it took some fast thinking the authorities bought the story, and the girl had to live with her decision to lie and save the woman from seeing the inside of a jail cell.

Present – Life Now

The girl grew into a woman and the woman she became left behind the hope that there was a “God” out there listening to her, she made her bed and now she must lay in it and except her life as it is. But if the girl could go back in time and change anything, she would go back to the very beginning, she would go back to that day she was born and she would not fight to live, she would find a way to stay dead, for she was born dead and should have stayed as such, for the dead are not meant to walk among the living. If she were to change anything it would be the doctor being able to smack life back into her, for her gave her a half-life, a cursed life, she was smack to get the blood flowing through her veins and that was the way her life went, a smack here and a smack there. And that dear reader, is why we are not allowed to travel through time and change the way our life went, for if we changed one thing so many others would change as a result. We are all given a deck of cards when we start life and how those cards fall is how life goes.

2. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM ***Reigning CAW Champion***

This is so touching and sad! It met the theme, but, somehow, I wish it had a happy ending. My guess is that if it did, it wouldn't have the emotional impact this story has and, to that extent, it would be diminished. But, you know me - I'm a sucker for the happy ending! Given that this is a story, I feel sad for the character you've created here and angry at the character who inflicted such degradation on the poor girl. Well done, Lo Ro! Thanks for sharing this with us!

3. RedCzar

RedCzar Well-Known Member

I hate this. I hate the life this girl was forced to live. I hate her selfish, oblivious father who obviously couldn't see what was happening to his own daughter. I especially hate that bitch of a stepmother. And I hate the fact that the poor girl couldn't even stand up for herself and put that bitch in jail. But then after a life like that, standing up for yourself is obviously not something you're used to doing.
    That being said, look at the emotion you stirred up in me.
    Bravo I say!

4. Redbeard1031

Redbeard1031 Well-Known Member

I have never read a story that stirred up such emotion in me. If I was there I would have shot the step mother between the eyes and not have one bad feeling about it. That is how strong the emotion I got from reading this was. Thanks for the submission.

5. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

Hot Post
    This is a very sad story. I really hope that it is fiction, but I have a suspicion that at least some of this is taken from real life. I would love to be able to give you a big hug and tell you that you are so much better than you have been led to believe.

There are numerous issues with your grammar that need to be fixed. That really isn't as big a deal as people think. Rules can be learned, and mistakes can be corrected. The main part is telling your story. Without that, there can be nothing to improve. Write more, have fun with it, and the other stuff will get better.

Ask a friend, or someone here to proofread for you. Instead of finding and fixing the errors, ask them to point out the problem, and why it is wrong. You will be surprised to see how quickly your brain will adjust, and the writing improves.

But remember... You have to keep writing for this to happen. I hope that you do.

6. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice

No no no no NO! :(

I HATE that this happens. I HATE that children and young teens have to endure violence from the very people who are supposed to protect and love them. Mostly, I HATE that there are people in the world that harbor this kind of cruelty. I want to throw every one of them into a pit to die slowly.

Uncle B's advice is good, but I understand why you didn't want to go back and do this. That also means that this is so personal that it either happened to you, or someone you love. Now I am crying even harder. :(

I don't know what to say about this story. I sincerely hope that you are healthy and happiness has finally come your way.

7. bistander

bistander Well-Known Member

This is the kind of story I hesitate to comment on because it might be true or based on truth, however, I hate to not comment, so I'll say,
    It was like Cinderella in the Exorcist. I can see why you might not have wanted to go back after you got it written. it for you. I would have proofread it for you.
    Thank you for making me grateful for the mother I had. I wonder if girls are less inclined to run away? My childhood sucked ass. I was eight the first time I ran away. Having your head banged against the wall has a way of making you want to run.

I wonder what happened to this lady? At the beginning, the kids were happy because they had liked the babysitter. How did she get mean overnight? Was she mentally ill? That's a stupid question, she obviously was, or she had a demon. Shit, maybe she was actually Satin.
    It took a lot of guts to write this, and I know it was emotionally painful, so thank you for your excellent work.

8. Reading this and the other stories have not elevated my mood since I finished my poor offering. I'll try to write a better story next.

Lo Ro likes this.
  9. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Lo Ro likes this.
  10. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

appreciation.jpg

Lo Ro - what can I say? Your story 'Unanswered Prayers' reduced me to tears!

I wanted you to know just how much I appreciate your effort in support of KAW 12 and for sharing this story with the rest of the group.

Thank you, sweet sister!

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Lo Ro and Michael McDaniel like this.
  11. Lo Ro

Lo Ro Well-Known Member

Of course sister, though I have to admit that I'm very happy I don't freaking win lol.... This hosting gig is hard work

Michael McDaniel likes this.