Theme & Rules

Discussion in 'CAW SS - April 2019' started by ahorsewithnoname, Apr 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member Founder & Admin 7-Time CAW Winner 5-Time CAW SS Winner

Maximum of 1,000 words. Post your story here; you may post up to two. Do it by April 25th. Voting will begin at that time with the winner announced around the end of the month.

Theme: Ah April, you are a favorite of mine as it is the month of my Mom's birthday, and mine. I was going to make the theme "Birthday" . . . but not everyone's birthday is this month, so that might have been goofy. So, how about "April" as the theme.

April Showers. There are weddings in April. There are . . . birthdays (!) in April. Lots of things happen during this month.

APRIL!

2. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM Tom's Blonde Soulmate CAW Winner KAW Winner

There are also many girls named April, and some are ever so 'spring-like'! :rolleyes:

3. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice 3-Time CAW Winner CAW SS Winner

Hot Post
    Happy Birthday to Me!!! :D

Now I feel like I have to write something.:confused:

I'll try to come up with a good idea. :)

4. RedCzar

RedCzar Well-Known Member 2-Time KAW Winner

Hot Post
    You'd be amazed how many girls I know named April. I know I am

5. PABLO DIABLO

PABLO DIABLO Well-Known Member

During the month of April, we have two signs. From the first until the 19th Aries, the ram rules. On the 20th, Taurus the bull takes over. Both signs are on the strong-willed side and like to make their presence known once in a room of people. Aries is ruled by the planet Mars, whereas Taurus is ruled by the planet Mercury. Oddly, Aries is considered the FIRST astrological sign of the zodiac and its element is Fire. Taurus is the second of the zodiac signs and its element is the Earth.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  6. HCB0414

HCB0414 Well-Known Member Multi-CAW Finalist 2-Time CAW SS Winner

April is my favorite month. I mean what's not to love about it. My birthday, my son's birthday, a few of my friends also have a birthday. Putting birthdays aside April has some of the best weather. The thick layers of clothes start coming off and the lighter spring clothes come out.

Hell yeah for clothes that are easier to take off in the heat of the moment.:cool:

7. Mitchie

Mitchie There's a new Sheriff in town! Staff Member Moderator CAW Finalist KAW Winner

And it’s tax season!!! Yay!!!!

8. PABLO DIABLO

PABLO DIABLO Well-Known Member

April is the start of MLB regular season. Seasonal change (although not much change here in paradise we call Tampa Bay). Hockey is nearing playoffs (Go Bolts!). NASCAR is in full swing. My own Mother's birthday is the 21st (yeah, she's a true Taurus). All of the grocery stores have hundreds of bags of candy in preparation for Easter. Corn on the cob usually becomes very cheap as it has been picked usually in the first week of April. Other vegetables that come into season during April include Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, peas, and for your beer drinkers HOPS. TV shows finally get back to their usual program time since March Madness is over, or nearly over. April is also one of the months that TV ratings are usually measured.......other than these few items, practically NOTHING happens in April.

9. HCB0414

Well I have an idea for this one. I have two hopes... 1. That I have time on Monday (my only day off) to write it. 2. That somehow I can keep it at or under 1,000 words.

If not I can always write it as a longer story.

10. Dustyblues

Dustyblues Well-Known Member

An awesome month lol I was Born :sunglasses:

11. Redhaired Mermaid

Redhaired Mermaid Well-Known Member

@Dusty blues, I didn't know you were an Aries! Oh, such kind hearted people men Aries are! Filled with fire, compassion and generosity.Happy belated birthday!

Dustyblues, PABLO DIABLO and Mitchie like this.
  12. Redhaired Mermaid

@PABLO DIABLO Not at all! If I start to flirt, you would know trust me. Just mentioning some facts. My husband is an Aries, so I know what I am talking about!

Dustyblues, PABLO DIABLO and Mitchie like this.
  13. HCB0414

A lot Aries here it seems. I should know my birthday is coming up soon

14. Redhaired Mermaid

You are an Aries too???

Dustyblues and PABLO DIABLO like this.
  15. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member Founder & Admin 7-Time CAW Winner 5-Time CAW SS Winner

Hot Post
    Well, I guess there is no need to be concerned going forward about not having enough entries to make it a competition worth of voting. :)

16. RedCzar

WOW! look at all the entries! When I left last week there were THREE! Now I don't feel so bad a bout not having an entry of my own. But I still plan on reading every one of these. I'm super impressed!
    Thank you ALL for participating!

Mitchie and Morbebanur like this.
  17. RedCzar

I swear it's true... In the town where I grew up there is a place called the "April, May, and June School of Dance"
    The joke was always that it took them MOnths to come up with the name.

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM and Mitchie like this.
  18. Redbeard1031

Redbeard1031 Well-Known Member

This site has sprung to life at the same time that spring has arrived. I want to thank everyone again for making my springtime reading very enjoyable.

Mitchie, A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM and RedCzar like this.