Theme and Rules For KAW 12

Discussion in 'KAW 12' started by A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM, Sep 8, 2018.

1. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM ***Reigning CAW Champion***

Theme:

Sorry.jpg

This picture, by-the-way, could very well be me! I do tend to get in trouble for 'crazy decisions'!

We all make mistakes (well, most of us do!). Hark back to that antique writing instrument called a 'pencil'. It was usually yellow and had this funny little pink thingy on the end called an 'eraser'! How very convenient! If only life had a little pink thingy...

Well, the theme chosen for this contest is just that.

Your challenge is to select an incident from your life, or one from a past life (for those of us lucky enough to have multiple lives that we can actually remember!), that you wish you could change.

Tell us what went wrong and how you would fix it if you had access to H. G. Wells Time Machine. The incident can be anything, anything at all; major, minor, life-changing, life-threatening - you decide. It can have a funny outcome, a sad outcome, or a neutral outcome.

There is no need to go back in time to fix the incident/issue/whatever you've decided to write about. If you're so far down the road with the story and find a trip in time fits in, great. If you're wrestling with the concept and have a great story, but can't seem to work in a time trip, leave it out and just tell the story of what happened and/or how it made your character feel (happy, sad, could give a sh*t less, whatever). The dates remain the same and I'll have a posting site set up soon.

If you feel a bit squeamish about sharing an actual incident, invent one! With the amount of imagination (most of it quite lurid, I must say!) present on this site, that should be an easy task!

There is no limit on character - male, female, animal, vegetable, mineral- wait, what? Are rocks included? Yes - if you want to include a rock, go for it, although that may be a 'hard' subject!

Just tell us a damn story!

The writing phase of the competition runs from now until October 3rd, when the stories (multiple, I hope!) can start to be posted. Why the 3rd? No reason - I'm a girl and you know how arbitrary we can be.

The end date for posting is 10/17 at 12 noon, East Coast time. Check your local listing for what time that will be for whatever part of the world you're currently inhabiting, but it's HIGH NOON for me!

We'll start voting on the 10/18 and end the whole shebang on the 30th. The winner will be announced on Halloween (how fitting!).

With Bistanders help, I will have a link for posting created shortly and will post it on this thread. By the way, I stole the following rules from him!

Rules:
    1. No CAW winners may participate actively in this KAW. You are more than welcome to write non-entries to kick up the participation.
    2. The normal rules of the Forum should be adhered to.
    3. Previous KAW winners can participate unless you are also a CAW winner, then see rule 1.
    4. No more than two entries by a single author. An additional story may be submitted if it's co-authored with another person.
    5. Have fun while you write a story.

Posting your entry: When your story is finished (hopefully proofread), and the posting period has started, and before the voting period has begun, then post it in the thread which has yet to be set up, but will be well before the posting period starts (Hey - I'm new at this - give a girl a break, will ya!). The title should be the name of your story. All non-entries have to be titled: [Non-entry] plus the name of your story.

I plan on a non-entry because, if I win another one of these, I also plan on going into the Witness Protection program!

As usual, if you have questions, please feel free to ask away. I may not have an answer, but I'll do my very best to confuse you even more!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Lo Ro

Lo Ro Well-Known Member

LMAO.....I would totally vote for you too baby girl....this is a really good theme.....its got the wheels turning....ive been having trouble writing lately maybe I can get something out for this

Michael McDaniel likes this.
  3. HCB0414

HCB0414 Well-Known Member

25398.jpg

It may not erase what happened but press it enough and you may soon forget all about the mistake

4. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

You know, Clearosil will clean that up really quick.

Little Miss K and Lo Ro like this.
  5. bistander

bistander Well-Known Member

To be clear, @A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM what you are saying is I can write about any one of my personal blunders, and if the list is too long to choose, I can write about someone else who royally fucked their life up and if I can't get their permission to tell their story I can completely make something up? What if I make something up that might actually have some truth in my life, but I don't tell anybody?

6. TertiusHuman

TertiusHuman Well-Known Member

A mysterious @bistander (yes I did do that just now) giving advise to a leader and changing the fate of the country . . . If I get the time, count me in.

Little Miss K and bistander like this.
  7. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Oh, Lord, here we go. As I said, you can write about an actual incident, make something up, factual, fiction, a combo of fact and fiction, a combo of fiction and fact, - HEY - now I'm confused!

OK, it's a story about a screw-up, your's, someone else, a fictional person, a fictional event, a factual event - but it should also have a trip back in time to fix it. Tell us how you would fix it (not how you traveled back in time!).

Is that the answer you were looking for? If not, I'll get out the WIEGI Board and consult the spirit world!

That Witness Protection program is looking better and better! :p

Little Miss K and Lo Ro like this.
  8. bistander

Oooh, but what if it's it's part of my screw up and part somebody else, and I make up the ending, and there is no chance of redemption?
    I had a wiegi board once, or was that my friends? I can't remember, but imagine I'm here right now thinking about that because of something I did with that wiegi board or to the friend when we were playing with that thing our mother's said would lead us into hell? Oh, shit, if I didn't do that where would I be now? Maybe this isn't even where I am. I might still be in Suzy's closet trying to get her training bra opened:eek:
    Help!

Lo Ro likes this.
  9. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

In answer to your question (assuming you're not just trying to get even with me for the questions I asked about KAW 11!), if you're stuck in Suzy's closet and Suzy is in there with you, I can't see how that's a screw-up. If you're stuck in there alone, well, they say self-gratification has many benefits! If you want to combo (multiple screw-ups from multiple people) feel free to do so - but you have to provide a 'fix', which will be a bit harder for multiple outcomes. Have I confused you enough or do you want me to continue down this seemingly endless road to nowhere special?

bistander likes this.
  10. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

PEOPLE! There's ALWAYS a fix, if you have access to the Time Machine! You can go back and avoid the situation, intervene by taking an action that thwarts the 'bad guy', smack yourself in the head with a cast iron frying pan if necessary! If you can think of it, you can do it!

In terms of an outcome, have you ever heard of 'alternate history'? Read a few books on that - back when they were actually printed on paper (now how primitive is that!). Think of your story as an alternative life. How would your 'outcome' be different if you didn't smoke that joint and been sick for two days and missed all those classes? What about dating Peter, the boob who wanted to talk about sex, but never got down to actually doing anything about it and you wasted a fricken year of your life on him? How do you think your life would have changed (at least in the short term - no need to take it all the way to the present!)?

Now, if you truly believe that these was no solution, just tell us why.

Have I made this too complicated? GEEZ - I hope not, or this will be a complete failure and I'll be the dumb blonde that killed KAW and no one will ever forgive me!!! :eek::oops::(

fantasysflirt likes this.
  11. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Look, guys, I'm getting some feedback (or was that 'pushback'?) regarding the need to 'go back and fix it'. To be honest, as I told bistander in a chat, I'm having somewhat the same issue with what I'm writing. What if we eliminate that element if it doesn't fit your story or if you don't think it adds anything to it? For those who are so far down the road and have a way to weave it in, feel free to do so. I can stuff it into mine, but I'm not sure it will add anything - I sure as hell won't change my life outcome! I love where I am today and who I share my life with and wouldn't change it in any way! Well, maybe have more money, but that's another issue - a girl does need her Haagen-Dazs! And clothes, yes, lots of clothes! Shoes, and more shoes (you can never have too many shoes!). Anyway, let me know and I'll make it official. Hope everyone near the Carolina and Virginia coast are safe and stay that way!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. bistander

So that's what all that early morning peddling is about. And I thought it was the special shape of the bike seat.

Yeah, I'm all for changing that because if I can go back and say what I'd do differently, then I need to write a different outcome, also. Grant it, that is a cool idea for some stories that I have in mind, but they will be long stories if I ever get to write them. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about . . .

13. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

OK - I've heard from a few people, so now it's official.

There is no need to go back in time to fix the incident/issue/whatever you've decided to write about. If you're so far down the road with the story and find a trip in time fits in, great. If you're wrestling with the concept and have a great story, but can't seem to work in a time trip, leave it out and just tell the story of what happened and/or how it made your character feel (happy, sad, could give a sh*t less, whatever). The dates remain the same and I'll have a posting site set up soon.

I hope this makes everyone a happier author. I know I was starting to come up with all kinds of head hurting alternatives for what I've written so far and I just wanted it to stop!

I know some here are worried about Florance. I know I am and hope we all get through this. Please, say some prayers or shake some feathers or whatever you do to invoke the help of whatever God/Gods/Goddesses you find help you through life for the safety of our friends and fellows in the areas impacted by the storm.

I'm posting this info here and will modify the original posting with this change of course. Let me know if I can screw you up any further - always happy to help! :kissingcat::screamcat::smilecat:

14. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice

I have a great idea! :D Now I have to see if @fantasysflirt wants to write it with me. Ohhhh I hate busy schedules! :mad:

Does anyone want to pay me to sit around all day and never have plans? :rolleyes:

15. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

That would be sooo cool! Two renowned authors at once!

16. bistander

Doing it is payment in it self.

17. fantasysflirt

fantasysflirt Active Member

Lemme see what the lovely Sam posted.

Little Miss K likes this.
  18. Lo Ro

Lo Ro Well-Known Member

ok here is an incentive for someone to write a Scottish time travel story

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] had to throw this one in because who doesn't like a good titty fuck!!!!

[​IMG] <<---- for those who can appreciate some girl on girl action.....so taboo in the past

19. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Hot Post
    Hey folks, it looks like I might have had another of those 'blonde moments' (as bistander so eloquently pointed out to me this morning!). I sent a number of PMs out indicating that bistander was providing a $50 prize for the winner of KAW 12. His prize money is for CAW 35, not KAW 12. This one's on me - my mistake. Where's that 'little pink thingy' when you need it? And I don't mean the one HCB0414 posted above! While that one may be fun to rub, it won't fix many mistakes, at least not this kind!

Sorry, folks, it seems there's nothing in the piggy bank for KAW 12 - just the honor of being (like Augustus Caesar) 'first among equals'! Just don't look for a laurel crown! You have to make your own out of green craft paper and string. Mine keeps slipping down around my neck, so I'm going to call it a laurel necklace.

20. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

Oh for fucks sake! How the hell am I supposed to pick only one screw up when there have been so many in my life?

That girl in the bar that I bought a drink for then realized I didn't have money. That time I threw up in that girl's apartment, then just ran out. Stealing that goat and then... Ok nevermind. Let's just say I have many options.