S.H.E.I.L.A. 16 - 19

Discussion in 'Non-Erotic Fiction Story Forum' started by Pars001, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

Chapter 16

Killjoy group
    -------------
    Ruslan (short blonde hair, 6'7'') - Leader
    Serafima (dark red head) - support/medical
    Karina (blonde Hair) - Sharpshooter sniper
    Timur (Dark hair 5'2''} - computer/hacker expert
    Egor- Electronics expert
    Stas - Explosives expert

Pibald group
    ------------
    Evelyn (Auburn hair) - Leader former wife of General Gance/sniper
    Christine/Chris (blonde) - personal combat expert- Evelyn's daughter
    Trina (red head) - Tall muscular, armed combat, Chris's lover
    Betty (Dark brown hair) - Recon/explosives expert, sister of Cathy
    Cathy (Light brown hair} computer/Electronics/hacker expert
    Diane (Dark brown Hair) short, mistress of deception/assassinations
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was some two hours later when I felt Sheila start to slow. I had fallen asleep the fact that I was sick wasn't sitting well with me.

{All units report on situation of viral infestation and solution.} I asked as soon as I got my thoughts clear.

{Affirmative control. Eradication of viral infection has proceeded as ordered. Well over sixty percent are now deleted. Warning, warning! Elimination of all non-living viral components suggested. All non-living viral components are now in corporeal waste center. All need expulsion before more waste center becomes backed up.} I heard the nanomites reply to me.

{Sheila?} I thought to her.

{Yes, Doctor Gance? Are you experiencing pain or numbness?} Came her reply.

{I was just informed that I need to pee.} I told her then felt her confusion. {I need to excrete liquid waste. The nanomites informed me that my bladder has become full of non-living viral components.}

Sheila suddenly stopped putting me down. "I apologize Doctor Gance I thought we could make it further. We are on the outer city limits of Edmonton. I had hoped we could make it all the way into the city."

Trying to stay up on my half numb legs wasn't helping the situation either. Finally, I was able to stand with Sheila's help. Zipping I fished my flaccid penis out then waited. Shit I thought, I hoped I was in time.

I looked up to see Sheila staring at what I had in my hand. what in the hell I thought. "Is something wrong Sheila?"

"I am receiving strange sensations throughout my chassis, in the upper section. Also, in my lower section I am also experiencing odd pulsations throughout. The emotion program also seems to be fluctuating greatly also." Sheila told me with what I could swear was a look of deep concern on her face.

Worrying about her relieved whatever tension I had in my body. Even as I started I noticed an almost rancid odor that rose from my urine. Then I noticed a greenish tinge to the color of it. Even though I knew what was causing it I was still a little concerned.

"Your urine waste is normal for your condition Doctor Gance. I am reading well over seventy percent eliminated." Sheila told me still staring at my penis.

I nodded then I had a thought. "The color and smell may be normal Sheila though I hardly think that urinating for almost five minutes is. I'm going to be dehydrated if I don't stop soon." I told Sheila a little testily. I regretted it almost immediately when I saw the hurt look that flashed across her face.

"I apologize Doctor Gance, it appears you are almost clear. I have already found several locations for us to disappear." She replied.

"I'm sorry Sheila, I forget sometimes that you don't know the human body as well as a human does. Well, the internal feelings that we get." I told her with my head a little low.

Sheila suddenly brightened up, "Thank you Doctor Gance. The information you provided will help me to ascertain your needs far better in the future."

I could only shake my head as she again picked me up over her shoulder. {Urine center now clear of non-living viral components. Now commencing extradition of remaining components. Production of replacement units now proceeding. First critical mass has been re-established. Second critical mass will take another twenty hours, thirty-three minutes to re-establish.}

I was nodding, then felt foolish as I knew they wouldn't know. {Report understood, continue to replicate and monitor the corporeal body.} Letting out a sigh I thought, ‘At least we were almost there. We'd be safe for a few days.’ Well, I thought we'd be.

On the extreme outskirts of northern Edmonton, a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III was on final approach. The Air Force transport was bringing much needed supplies. It also held a surprise; one of a lethal variety. Landing them at the Canadian Forces Base Edmonton must have cost the General a few favors, Evelyn thought. Good, it served the bastard right.

As soon as the plane stopped all six women sprang into action. Grabbing several bags, they made their way to their vehicles. Within another twenty minutes they were at the extreme boundary of the base.

A Lieutenant-General and a Major-General were there at the gate. As they drove through both men saluted the vehicles. Evelyn's blonde daughter decided that now would be a good time. Leaning out the window she shot both men the bird. Then adding insult to injury, she laughed uproariously at their discomfort.

A moment later the radio went off. Ah Christ. What did that old battle axe of a mother want now? "What!!" The blonde barked into the mike.

"Bitch, unless you want to go back to the stockade you'll start showing something I know you are sorely lacking in." Evelyn's voice informed her. "A little tact while we are here won't hurt. Don't think I'm playing bitch, I'll separate you and your bed mate in a heartbeat!"

Swallowing hard she looked over to the muscular red head. Damn, guess he crawled up her ass further than I thought. "Alright mother I will try to refrain from having fun." The blonde said with all sincerity.

Evelyn's eyes were wide a moment when she realized her daughter had been serious. It was about damn time she thought as they drove into the city.

The Killjoy group had just passed into the Alberta province. Serafima was still driving though she'd almost wrecked several times avoiding the Mounties. Still she was the fastest they had though not the safest. The rest of the crew was asleep it was going to be a few hours before they made Edmonton. God, how he missed having helicopters.

Hmmm he thought looking at Egor getting a chopper wouldn't be that hard if they had their way about it. They would make a move when they got to Edmonton. Settling in he watched as the miles were quickly eaten away.

Picking up his cell he placed a call. "I was wondering when you'd call, if at all. You and your team have seriously screwed up this time." The general's voice said low but menacing. "The only reason I haven't ordered a search and destroy mission on you is your past successes. Though against my better judgement I have called in another group."

"Another group?" Ruslan growled. "We are nothing if not loyal to you General. We will complete the mission."

"Good," the general replied nonchalantly causing Ruslan's anger to rise momentarily. "Then a little more incentive won't matter that much. The first of the groups to eliminate the bastard will be made my first special situation group. You can also dispose of the rest of the other group as you see fit."

"Da general I see. Anything else we need to know?" Ruslan replied.

"I want civilian casualties to an absolute minimum. The more there are the more inquiries there will be. Your team's zealous actions there cannot be tolerated nor repeated." The General calmly stated.

"Understood General. We are heading to Edmonton at this moment. I had thought to acquire a helicopter there to add support in hunting him and it down. Now though, I feel that the action itself would cause undo notice." Ruslan told the general.

The General was quiet a moment, "I'll set something up. Along with fueling arrangements. Fail again Ruslan this will be the last, understood?"

"Da General very understood." Ruslan replied grimly.

Sheila and I were walking into the warehouse district in the northeast section of Edmonton. Unlike many I had seen in America this was rather clean almost none of the buildings empty.

"I have managed to rent a building using the finances of several high-ranking Canadian government officials. I have set up a number of false corporations to hide the trail. It would take a great deal of time to find that I had done this. With this diversion we should have maximum time here to plan strategy." Sheila told me as we stopped at a rather small warehouse.

Opening the door, I saw that it was indeed small though more than adequate for what we needed to do. "I just hope it is enough for the nanomites to rebuild in my system." I told Sheila as she closed the door.

"You still have a little over eighteen hours before they are where they were before you were infected. For now, you can rest, I will acquire nourishment for you. I will also do a search of the University of Alberta: Department of Computing Science." Sheila relayed to me.

My eyes opened at the mention of the school. It had an elevated cybersecurity course that several of the techs that had worked with me had taken. "They have a better than average cyber security Sheila. I know that you can infiltrate almost any system, can you get in without much detection?"

Sheila flashed me a smile that any other time would have alleviated my fears. This was a top-notch program. "With the many upgrade that I was able to implement, there shouldn't be many problems at all."

Taking a deep breath, I wasn't so sure, at least not as secure in the idea as she was. We had an obvious high-tech hacker from the group after us. Then there were the people that were running the system we were actually breaking into. Then there was the Canadian government who would probably get involved as soon as we started. I shook my head, I really needed to be at a higher level before we tried this.

"I'm still not sure about this, at least not 'til I can assist you while you are in there. I don't want to lose you Sheila, not now when we are as close as we are." I told her with a slight blush warming my face.

Had I not known better I could have sworn that I saw a look of surprise, then absolute happiness flash across her face. Damn it, without the second level of nanomites in me I wasn't able to determine like I had before. Turning away from her I had a momentary bit of anger at myself then rapidly pushed it down.

"Might I suggest that we both shut down for a time? I need to adjust my internal energy signature. I can see that they were still able to track us through it. I'll be back momentarily." She told me then was gone in a flash. I sat trying to get comfortable when she reappeared two minutes later. "I think that this will help to refill your energy."

I looked up in surprise as she handed me a sandwich, or rather what appeared to be several on top of other. My mouth dropped open as I stared at the piles of ham, turkey, sliced beef, corn beef and roast beef. Layer after layer with generous amounts lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers and onions.

I could only sit there staring in amazement she'd only been gone two minutes at the least. "I was about to ask, though now I know better."

Sheila nodded as I saw her sit on the floor sitting back against the wall. Then I heard a whirring as she suddenly slumped. Even as I saw the light go out in her eyes I heard the whirring slow then almost stop. Now it was barely audible.

Yawning I suddenly realized that I was more tired than I had at first thought. Laying down I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Well over three hundred kilometers away Timur cursed when the signal he'd finally found faded.

Ruslan looked up at Timur's cursing. "What is the problem Timur?"

"The robot, its signal suddenly went dead." Timur's head snapped around to stare at Ruslan. "Leader you don't think another group has terminated it do you?"

Ruslan sat back thinking as he rubbed his chin. "Nyet, the General would have notified me had this happened. At least I think that he would." Leaning forward he spoke quickly to Serafima. "Though I am sure I am going to regret this, we need to get there as soon as possible."

Serafima's mouth dropped open in surprise then she squealed like a little girl. Her foot jammed down on the accelerator as the Humvee suddenly leapt forward. A look of almost sadistic glee on her face she started to drive even more crazy than usually.

Ruslan again shook his head she was going to be the death of all of them. Well she would if he didn't keep a tighter rein on her. Sighing he belted in looking over the rest of the crew.

In the lead jeep of the Pibald group, Evelyn was oiling her rifle when she heard the light brown-haired woman of their group starts cursing. "Son of a bitch!" The woman was yelling at her laptop, she already had it in the air about to smash it when she noticed that Evelyn was watching her.

"What in the hell is going on Cathy?" Evelyn asked.

Taking a deep breath Cathy calmed placing the laptop back in its holder. "it's that monstrosity that the General mentioned. Every signal that I was getting from it has disappeared. It's almost as if it stopped operating. Whether it was turned off or destroyed I'm getting nothing from it. Shit, shit. shit!"

The small dark black-haired woman suddenly slammed on the brakes as she turned in her seat. "What the hell Cathy!? How in the hell do you expect me to find the asses if you shut down the shit!"

A smirk came to Cathy's lips as she stated, "You kiss you mother with that mouth Diane?"

Diane's face twisted into a mask of extreme rage. "No, I killed the bitch before it got that damn far!"

Cathy suddenly clamped her mouth shut as the woman had more than a volatile temper. Feeling the scar down her leg she should have known better. Taking a deep breath she stated, "I was telling leader that I lost the signal. Almost as if the monstrosity was turned off or destroyed."

Diane's face showed shock then it twisted again into rage. Slowly in a low voice she stated, "I will personally gut each and every one of the Killjoy group if they got ahead of us. This is the first time I've been out in almost a year. I refuse to go back to that existence."

‘Oh shit,’ Evelyn thought, ‘I better defuse this.’ "We're going nowhere, from all recon the General sent us the other group is still well north of us. I suggest we get a move on though, they are already in Alberta province."

This of course made Diane's eyes twinkle as she started to smile. "Sure thing, boss as soon as Cathy gets the damn tracker back up."

A moment later the door was almost ripped off the hinges as first a rifle, then the over six-foot red head stuck her head in. "Is everything ok boss?" She asked a look of true concern on her face.

"Yeah mother, what the hell gives?" Her blonde daughter asked. "We lost telemetry a minute ago I was about to call you about it when your ride suddenly stopped.

Evelyn smiled, not even a full minute had passed, good they were still in battle readiness. She was about to say something when Diane broke in.

"Yeah no shit, I was telling Cathy the same damn thing." Diane said.

Letting out a long breath when she saw her sister on the other side looking in, she explained. "As I was telling the leader and as she was telling me. The signal went dead as if the monstrosity was turned off or destroyed. Since the only other group capable of destroying it is far behind us I can only assume that this Doctor Gance has turned her off. Whether for repairs or maintenance I'm not sure."

"Alright we know that it's in the city. The last reading was somewhere in the northwest section of the city. That eliminates a hell of a lot of territory. At least we won't have to search through over nine hundred thousand people. Christine," Evelyn said to her blonde daughter, causing her to produce a large knife.

"It's Chris you damn shit bag!" Chris almost screamed at her mother.

Smiling slightly, she restarted, "Chris, there's at least five hundred thousand men here. You are not to engage in no way, unless you are attack." Thinking a moment, she continued, "you are allowed to break bones not skulls nor balls. Well, unless they deserve it, I mean it, I will review any and all altercations."

Chris's face dropped as she stated, “Damn mom you sure can kill a good mood! Alright, alright, I'll behave as much as possible."

Evelyn smiled though she knew inside, this could go badly if her daughter lost control.

"Trina, I want you with her every second!" Evelyn sighed when the other red head snapped to attention saluting with a huge smile.

"Yes Ma’am!" the woman said with a little more enthusiasm than Evelyn thought she should.

Evelyn pointed at the red head, "This is a mission not a god damned sex party! The stockade can await you also."

Trina started to tremble as she stood at attention. "Yes ma’am, I will treat it as such."

Evelyn then turned to the last member of the team. "Betty, I want you on Recon. See if you can find out anything. That section of the city has a huge warehouse section. See if the locals have heard or seen anything. Keep in constant contact with your sister."

Betty snapped to a salute then was gone. Looking at the rest of them she had a bad feeling about this. "Chris, I want you and Trina to take the west side opposite Betty. No heroics, we've seen just what this machine is capable of. I don't want to start losing members before we actually start to hunt."

Both women smiled wickedly then snapped to a salute. "Yes Ma’am! They both said as they both vanished.

Looking at the dark black-haired woman Evelyn thought a moment, “We'll take the jeep to the southwest part of this quarter of the city. With any luck we should have them in a few hours."

"Oh goody, we get to hunt!" Diane squealed out in delight.

It was twelve hours later when they all reformed up with the leader. Shaking her head when none of her team had found anything. Then again, they had only covered half their area. Disgusted she told them to start again in six hours as they all went to sleep.

An hour later I awoke with a start. What in the hell had awakened me? Looking around I really didn't see anything amiss, I really need to see better in the darkness I thought.

{Order understood command.} I heard the nanomites say. What in the hell had I said now I thought? I frantically searched through my sleep fogged brain for what I had thought. Even as I was looking for what I'd thought I noticed that the interior of the warehouse was starting to light up. What the hell? I backed up into the wall as it appeared as if the sun had rose lighting the inside light noon time.

Looking around I finally understood. {All units will this night vision impair my regular vision?}

{Negative control. Night vision will only operate when light falls below tolerable levels.} The Nanomites responded.

Three hours later the sun was just starting to rise when I heard a noise. Jumping up I tried to grab Sheila to move her only to find that without her servo motors she felt as if she were a ton.

I ran toward the door not noticing that I was far faster than I had been before. I saw what appeared to be a dark brown headed female stick first her rifle then her head inside. Far faster than I could believe I not only had her rifle she was on the ground unconscious. Damn, I hadn't meant to hit her that hard.

2. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

Chapter 17

Killjoy group
    -------------

Egor- Electronics expert

Stas - Explosives expert

Pibald group
    ------------

Trina (red head) - Tall muscular, armed combat, Chris's lover

Diane (Dark brown Hair) short, mistress of deception/assassination

S.H.E.I.L.A. - synthetic, humanoid, enlightened, inquisitive, living, android
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly pulled the unconscious body of the dark brown-haired female in the building. Looking at Sheila I saw that she was still in shut down status. Cursing, I got the woman against the wall. I started to look for something to tie her up, shit this place was more bare than I thought.

I finally found some cord that had been outside the door. Wrapping it around her arms and chest I suddenly noticed that the woman was somewhat endowed. Shrugging it off I continued to wrap the woman in a near cocoon.

Again, I shrugged as I looked over my handy work. I suddenly heard a whirring as Sheila sat up. "Confirming adjusted energy signature. Signature operating as .02 percent lower frequency. Energy output increasing. All units report."

{Compliance secondary control. Second level attained one hour twenty-three minutes sooner. Control has faster reflexes as per previous secondary control's orders.} The nanomites reported.

What the hell, I thought I was already at level two? No wonder I had hit her as hard as I did.

Sheila stood a minute later as she scanned the room and the area around. "Area secure for the moment. Doctor Gance you have accomplished much while I was adjusting."

I looked over to the unconscious woman as I nodded. "I thought she was here to kill me, so I hit her. I guess I did it a little hard if she is still out."

"No Doctor Gance, the female is conscious. She has been for fourteen seconds." Sheila replied as she scanned the females face. "I am running facial recognition now."

I heard the woman start to laugh after Sheila had said that. "Good luck with that, I don't ex..."

"Betty Thomas, member of a trouble shooting group called the Pibald group for the US Government. At present they are on a seek and destroy mission for the both of us. Ms. Thomas is a Recon/explosives expert. She is considered one of the best. She has a sister who goes by the name of Cathy Thorndyke. Ms. Thorndyke is a computer/Electronics/hacker expert."

I was nodding as Sheila went through all of this information. Sheila suddenly stopped as she turned toward me. "They are led by a woman by the name of Evelyn Tamble. She is..."

I sat up when Sheila mentioned the name, "Tamble?" When Sheila nodded I started to curse. Both Sheila and the woman looked at me strange a moment. "That asshole!" I said as I shook my head.

The woman named Betty was suddenly intrigued. "Ok you've peaked my curiosity. Do you know her?"

I turned toward her with a smirk on my face, "Oh yeah, I know her. Almost as well as the asshole who ordered you after me. He is my sadistic asshole of a father. She is my mother, or rather she was, now? I don't know anymore. That son of a bitch has her chasing me also."

Betty did her best to hide the shock that she was feeling. She knew that the General was a hard boss, though she never thought he'd hunt his own son. Then again, she thought he was pretty sadistic at times

"So, what are you going to do with me?" She asked as she watched the Doctor pace the room.

"If you're afraid we'll kill you, don't be. I intend to let you go when I can. For now, you'll have to stay..." I was saying.

"Warning! Warning! I am detecting several tracking devices on her." I heard Sheila say, then she had clipped Betty, knocking her out. Rapidly she removed all of Betty's clothes as I tried to watch without becoming aroused. Then Sheila was pulling several devices from the woman. This included two from her vagina, three from her rectum. Then there were several just below the skin under her breasts.

I could only gawk as the pile grew. Finally, Sheila redressed the woman rewrapping her with the cord. "I removed all but one. That one would require surgery to remove. It also might render the female sterile as it is near her uterus."

I was nodding; that sounded about what my father would do then, I thought further. No, he would have explosives with the tracers. This didn't really sound like mother though I hadn't seen her in years. She just might have changed in that time.

Sheila looked over at me with a questioning look. "Doctor Gance are you well? You seem to be experiencing pain in your lower pelvic region."

I heard Betty moan then start to laugh. "You obviously took my clothes off. He is experiencing what is called a hardon, a boner? An erection? Ah!" Betty said when she saw Sheila's face comprehend.

Looking at my crotch Sheila reported, " a physiological phenomenon in which the penis becomes firm, engorged, and enlarged. Penile erection is the result of a complex interaction of psychological, neural, vascular, and endocrine factors, and is often associated with sexual arousal or sexual attraction, although erections can also be spontaneous. The shape, angle, and direction of an erection varies considerably in humans."

Betty shook her head when Sheila finished. "Is she always this literal?"

"Yes, I find it refreshing that she is always learning." I told Betty.

"Shit! Give me a few hours with her I'll have her up to speed in no time. So, I have to ask you Doc, where is the robot you have that the General wants destroyed?" Betty said as she looked around the room.

I shook my head as I pointed to Sheila, "You've been talking to her. Please, she is an android not a robot."

"What!? She has emotions I..." Betty started.

I nodded as I interrupted her, "Yes, that's why father wants her destroyed. At the moment she is close to total sentience."

"Sentience?" She asked. "What exactly is that?"

Sheila spoke up, "Sentience the capacity to feel, perceive or experience subjectively. The ability to experience sensations. It is also a metaphysical quality of all things that require respect and care. A multidimensional subjective phenomenon that refers to the depth of awareness an individual possesses about himself or herself and others. The simplest explanation is that I am self-aware therefore I am alive."

Betty was gasping at all that been said; a machine that was alive? Impossible.

"When you think about it, humans are in fact biological machines." I told her.

Again, her mouth was hanging open as she was vehemently shaking her head no. "You really do need to die. Living machines? What a nut case!"

Shaking my head, I sat a good way from her as she stared at me like I was crazy. Looking over to Sheila I stated, "We're going to have to knock her out again if she keeps up like this. I'm not sure I can handle being ridiculed by someone who obviously knows nothing of my work."

Betty stopped laughing a moment as she said, "I know all about your work Doctor. You are a stellar scientist though these theories are beyond science fiction. For her to react as she has, it would take a massive program to..."

"For your information she has that. It took me fifteen years to write the basic emotion program. I worked on it every day. Sometimes foregoing sleep for days at a time. I will tell you though what I created is nothing compared to what she has in her now. A far more complex massive program that I am just beginning to understand."

Betty's mouth was hanging open as she stared from me to Sheila, then back and forth. Looking closely at Sheila she just shook her head. "That would require hundreds of terabytes. She doesn't seem to have the capacity for..."

"I have many micro-processors. With them I have managed to upgrade my system to thousands of terabytes." Sheila informed the woman.

Still not believing, the woman could only shake her head. "If my sister were here she could confirm or," here she looked at both of them. "Deny that what you said is the truth or pure science fiction."

A moment later a voice came from the radio that had been on the woman. "Sister? Where in the hell are you? Leader wants us all to report in for a meeting. Sister!" There were a few moments of shuffling then another voice came on.

"It is obvious that my team member has been captured. Know that we will take retribution for her death." The woman leader's voice said.

I started laughing when I pressed the send button. "A little late for that don't you think mother? You are after all out to terminate me. Oh, by the way Cathy give it up, you won't trace this."

I heard a female voice in the background grunt then start to curse. "That little bastard! I'll kill you myself!"

"Cathy, shut the hell up!" I heard my mother shout at the other voice. "So, Roger, you got a hell of a lot further than we at first thought."

"Oh yeah, the old bastard wanted me to make a death squad of my creations. That's not going to happen, especially after I destroyed more than half the prototypes. Yeah, the bastard is pissed, I can also assume that he is in trouble with Washington, as if I care. Yeah mom, I know about the seek and destroy mission."

"You can come to us Roger, we can talk this..." she started.

Again, I started to laugh, "Not likely mother. As long as that son of a bitch has a yoke around your neck, no dice. Cathy, stop already, we've removed all but one of the trackers."

"What!!! You son of a bitch! If you harmed her I will make you suffer as long as possible before I gut your damn ass! You hear me! I'll kill you!" I could hear the really pissed off sister of the woman tied up.

"Enough Cathy!" I heard my mother yell. "The offer stands Roger, turn yourself in, I can hide you."

I started laughing harder, "My god he really has a damn death grip on you. Don't worry mother, when I can, I'll kill him myself, especially after what happened with him getting Chris killed. My android is a tribute to her, though she looks more like Sharon Stone."

"Roger wait..." She started.

"Good bye mother." I said as I clicked off the communicator then smashed it.

"How the hell do you expect them to find me?" I heard Betty say with heat in her voice.

"You still have a tracker in you. They will find you, from the sounds of your sister it won't be long after we leave." I told her as I grasped the data cube. I saw several programs flash before my eyes then I nodded. "Damn your sister is persistent."

Betty's eyes opened wide when she saw me grasp the data cube with it lighting up. "You're part machine! Only a machine can access a data cube." I turned toward Betty seeing the look of terror on her face. Then she was trying to withdraw from my touch. "My god I let you touch me, you saw me naked! I feel so unclean!"

I could only grimace as I shook my head at her. Here she called me strange, laughing at me, now she was terrified.

"I am not a machine like Sheila is. I am almost like you though I do have a conscience. unlike my mother and father who could care less about human kind." I turned away with a sigh. Mother had been a loving person at one time, no thanks to my father, that woman seemed to be long dead.

Sheila and I gathered up all we had brought with us as we left the building. Even as we were leaving, Betty still had to take a shot at me. "You had best hope that the others find you before I do! I am going to enjoy killing you as slowly as possible. Better start praying bastard, you're going to regret not killing me!"

I stepped back in leaning close to her I whispered, "Unlike you, I am not a soulless, remorseless killer."

Walking away I slammed the door before she could start in again. Sighing, I walked with Sheila toward the city.

Evelyn was surprised when they hadn't received a report from Betty. Then again, it was nothing compared to when she heard her son's voice. Then even more shock when he had removed all the tracking devices. Cathy had been seething when she couldn't track her sister at all.

Shaking her head, she'd almost had to handcuff Cathy to the vehicle to keep her here. Then she shook her head, Roger thought that his sister Christine was dead. Killed by the actions of their father. Then Christine thought that their father had her brother executed years ago. That is what had started her on her rebellion against both him and her.

Roger was right, that bastard did have a yoke around her neck. It would take his death to alleviate that condition. That wasn't about to happen soon. Not as on the move as he always seemed to be. No, if anyone could kill him it was Roger, damn but he was a hell of a lot smarter than she had thought he was.

It was almost an hour later when Cathy started to shout that she was picking up her sister again, though, it was only on one tracker. This of course set her off again, with her violent temper, she was threatening to shoot up most of the city to find her.

Gathering all of the team up, they set out with Cathy in the lead. Pressing Diane to drive faster, the short woman laughed with sadistic glee. They arrived less than twenty minutes later. Cathy pointed to a warehouse across the road.

All of them disembarked their vehicles, weapons drawn. doing a short recon Diane came back nodding her head. Trina made sure they were all ready as she bulled her way through the door. Betty started to yell as soon as she saw the team.

"Get me out of here! I need a bath, a scrubbing, I have to sterilize my skin! Leader you should have heard all the crazy shit that bastard was talking about. Living machines? Humans are biological machines? That..." Betty suddenly stopped, staring at Chris. "My god! You look almost like her. Had I not known better I would have said it was you."

Chris looked confused, at first Evelyn, then Betty, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. "Bitch! What in the hell are you on about? I look like who?"

"Like that thing he built, my god you could be sisters almost. That is if that machine was human." Betty said in near shock hardly able to believe her eyes.

Cathy had already whipped out a large knife, cutting the cord that Betty was bound in. "So help me god, if he has hurt you I’ll make him suffer to no end." Ripping the last of the cord loose, she yanked a still shocked Betty to her feet. "Damn it! I was so afraid that I had lost you. Don't you dare do that again!"

Betty shook her head then hugged her sister back. "Sorry sis, he was a hell of a lot faster than I thought he was. My god sister I saw him access a data cube! He can't be human, not and be able to do that."

Evelyn shook her head, they needed to regroup, so Betty could brief them. They had just gotten into their vehicles when the attack came.

Trina started to return fire picking her shots as Evelyn brought her rifle into play. Ten minutes later Egor and Stas were dead on the Killjoy side. Trina was down with wounds to both arms, along with Diane who went down trying to flank the other group. She was alive though bleeding badly.

Another twenty minutes passed with neither side getting an advantage. Finally, Evelyn and Ruslan worried about the locals getting involved, called a truce. Both groups walked out weapons at the ready.

"Ah! Comrade Evelyn, it would be good to see you under other circumstances. At present though we are fighting to stay alive." Ruslan said as he saluted Evelyn.

"So it seems, are we. It appears he has pitted us against each other, to rid him of all of us, plus the two we both seek. I thought he capitulated far too easy." Evelyn snapped out with a look of anger on her face.

Ruslan was rubbing his chin a moment thinking over what she had just said. "Da, it appears to be as you say. Though I can not see both groups working together. Most of yours hate males, mine do not trust Americans. It appears that for the moment we both are at an impasse."

Evelyn's head was nodding as he was saying this. Suddenly they heard Karina shout "Der'mo! Eto merzost'!" (Shit! It's the abomination!) This brought up weapons on both sides though a few were pointed at Chris.

Evelyn's eyes got big as she and Ruslan walked in front of Chris. "Put your weapons down, this is Chris my daughter!"

"Nyet! I shot that monstrosity twice! I will not miss again." Karina stated as her finger tightened on the trigger.

Ruslan ran to her moving the barrel up even as she was firing a shot. "So, you have seen it also. Then it is true, he did build it to resemble her as a tribute. Damn it ,why in the hell did you do that, Roger?"

They had already loaded their injured and dead getting away just before the authorities arrived.

Both Sheila and I had walked all the way to the University of Alberta: Department of Computing Science. Sheila had fabricated technician IDs that looked as if they were the real thing. Walking in we were met by the head of the department who smiled then led us to the computer room.

"We've been having a lot of slow speed lately. I trust they briefed you on the new servers that are going online, as soon as you are finished with your upgrades." The head man said.

Sheila took over as she said, "We are mainly here to focus on ALL the problems that you have had. I take it no one has caught the hacker yet?"

The department head's face blanched as he slowly shook it no. " No one knows about that but university security... " The man suddenly was quiet as he started to shake. If they were with the security force, he could be in deep shit if he said any more.

Sheila gave the man a smile that only seemed to make him shake more. "I trust that we won't be disturbed the few hours that we are here? I also trust, no alarms will be raised if the security system goes off for a bit?"

The man looked from Sheila to me, I had sat with a shit eating grin on my face. "No, there will be no disturbing you,” the man said as he hurried to get out. He then turned and left in quite a hurry.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

Chapter 18

Killjoy group
    -------------

Egor- Electronics expert - killed in fire fight
    Stas - Explosives expert - killed in fire fight

Pibald group
    ------------

Trina (red head) - Tall muscular, armed combat, Chris's lover - Injured shot in both arms
    Diane (Dark brown Hair) short, mistress of deception/assassinations - Severely injured internal injuries

Synthetic, Humanoid, Enlightened, Inquisitive, Living, Android - Sheila

I had to keep my mouth shut, 'til I was certain that the man was well out of hearing. Then I let loose with an almost total consuming laughing fit, I could have sworn that the man was about to piss on his self.

Sheila then turned toward me. "From all indications, your nanomites have again obtained their second critical mass." {Are you able to perceive my thoughts better Doctor Gance?}

I only nodded, as I was starting to be able to pull more and more read outs up, on everything in the room. "It appears that I am able to see a few things I was unable to before." I replied to Sheila. Reaching in my pocket, I quickly retrieved the data cube. I was again nodding as the cube seemed to spring to life the moment I touched it.

A moment later, I could see where Sheila had also accessed it. "Yes, you are proceeding far faster than I had at first thought." She told me. "Perhaps you can achieve the third mass mode, before we have to move on. {This is secondary control, time estimation 'til third critical mass is achieved?}

{Secondary control, it is estimated that another thirteen hours, twenty three minutes, forty three seconds are required. At that time primary control should have an estimated, ninety eight percent control of all corporeal systems.} I heard the nanomites reply.

My head snapped around as I could only stare at Sheila. Ninety eight percent? How in the hell was that even possible? Then the next question, did I really want to have that much control. I remember Sheila telling me about the different stages. I wasn't really expecting something as radical as this.

Thinking harder, I was trying to remember exactly what it was that she had said. The third mass would be able to keep me at maximum health. Then there were what another four to six more? The first batch would have me at optimum health and speed among other things. The last one or two would increase my cognition and reasoning.

Shaking my head, I sat at the main console as I started to type commands far faster than any human should be able to. Within a few minutes, I had laid the ground work for disabling all the security. I had to nod at what I saw; all of this was top rate as I had thought. Looking over to Sheila, I sat back as she connected directly to the terminal.

{Very efficient Doctor Gance, now connecting to the main frame. It will take a few hours to assimilate the information. After that, I will require you to look over everything. It was monumental the last time we attempted this.} Sheila told me. "I also believe that we should wait 'til such time, as you have reached third critical mass. It would afford you greater control in case anything happened as before."

I was nodding my head at Sheila, she was obviously shifting back and forth between thoughts and oral speech. Looking back at the terminal screen I saw that Sheila was taking in information, at a much slower rate.

{Glad to see that you aren't taking it as fast as you can.} I thought to her.

{No Doctor Gance. I do not want to over tax the high speed system. As I remember, the system overloaded the last time. I am being careful as you instructed me Doctor Gance.} Sheila's thoughts responded to me.

My head whipped around to again stare at her. As I instructed her? I didn't think she was a slave to do exactly what I told her. Then it dawned on me, she wasn't a slave, as she said she was a new life form. As a new life form, she was still learning so... I guess I really was her teacher. Briefly I thought again that she would soon be through with me, not needing me. Then I remembered she was also in love with me, I also remembered she got mad about me thinking she'd not need me the last time.

Shaking a bit, I also remembered that I never wanted to see her that mad again. I sat back as a read out appeared before me, showing the progress Sheila was making. A few minutes later my head dropped not realizing that I was that tired.

On the Canadian Forces Base Edmonton, Evelyn was pacing the hallway outside of the room that held both her injured team members. Shaking her head every few minutes, she was also mumbling to herself. The only problem was, the more she paced the more agitated she got.

What in the hell was going on? She knew her son, he was loyal to a tee. That bastard of an ex of hers must have seriously pissed Roger off. It obviously had something to do with that machine he'd built. Though, why build it to look like Chris? The last she knew, they absolutely hated each other, didn't they?

Stopping suddenly, she turned to stare at her daughter. Thinking about the whole situation, she remembered, all of her rebellious behavior, her hatred of men. All of that had started when she was told that her brother had been killed. Perhaps if that bastard had told her in a better way than: your bastard brother is dead get over it, you've got a job to do.

Then there was Roger's rapid withdraw from her. Smashing her fist to the wall, then through it a few inches, she nodded. The cold hearted, calculating son of a bitch! All of this had been planned to make them what HE wanted them to be. A snarl issued from her throat that caused even Chris to back away.

"What they hell has you so pissed off? I didn't do a damn thing, bad enough that Trina is laid up a few weeks. I..." Chris was saying.

"Shut up Chris!" Evelyn growled out.

This seemed to only egg Chris on, "What? Fuck you Moth..." Chris started then was off the floor with Evelyn growling in her face.

"I TOLD YOU to shut the hell up! Now unless you want to take an extended nap, I suggest you do it." Evelyn growled. Dropping her arm, letting Chris drop to the floor with a thud.

Chris rubbed her throat, shooting looks of extreme hatred at her mother, though this time she remained quiet.

Evelyn paced a few more minutes then stopped, when a major walked in with a phone. "For you Mam." He stated then quickly left the room.

Taking the phone she sighed, she knew the bastard would find her. "So I Take it you are down two members. You also killed two of the other group, nice work. Let's hope you get the rest of them, as you know we've no room for error." General Gance informed her.

"Get on with it you ass. I have a job to do, not idle chat with your ugly face." Evelyn retorted.

"Quite right, I need a report about..." Gance started,

"REPORT! You have eyes everywhere, quit bothering me 'til we are done. This should remove all that you have against us." Evelyn growled out.

"We'll see, it will get you off the wanted list, as for even? I don't think you'll even be close." The General retorted.

"You bastard this should be the last. This is your fam..." Evelyn began.

"Ah, ah, let's not get into old dead history. As you know there is no time for family, when we are protecting this country." The General said coldly.

Evelyn's face contorted into a mask of extreme anger, though her calm voice betrayed none of that anger.

"Yes, old dead history, we are dead to you as you are to us. Don't bother me again 'til the job is finished." Evelyn calmly hissed, then smashed the phone on the floor.

Chris looked at the pieces of the phone then her mother nodding. Yup, had to be that prick of a father of hers, to get her mother this upset.

"I have to go out. Betty you're in charge, no one off the base 'til I return." Here she turned to Chris, "that means all of you!" Chris only grunted an answer, as she turned her head towards the door of the room where Trina and Diane were still being tended.

Grabbing Cathy, they both went outside to the vehicles. Turning to Cathy, Evelyn asked, "Do you think you can tune to the frequency that the machine that he built can detect?"

Cathy only thought a moment then replied, "Actually from everything I have seen, it should be listening to almost all frequencies. Though I am sure you would want a higher, more secure one. I can set it up for you, monitor if you wish." Cathy offered.

"No, I, have to do this. There are a few things I need to find out, before we carry out the rest of the mission." Evelyn told the shorter light brown haired woman.

Cathy only shrugged, showing Evelyn exactly what to do then going back in. Evelyn watched the woman all the way back to the building, then waited a moment before she tuned the radio.

"I am calling Roger Gance, if you can hear this please respond, I think you know who this is. I believe that we need to talk, I also believe that the sooner we do, the sooner a great many things can be resolved." Putting down the mike, Evelyn waited a few minutes then repeated the same dialog again. Then she started repeating it every five minutes. That ought to attract his attention she thought.

I was asleep a little while, having a dream I think, about accepting a Noble prize though, I can't be sure. I was suddenly jostled from it by a light shaking. I tried to swat whatever it was away, when it just started again. Groaning I barely opened my eyes whispering out, "What!?"

Sheila was about to shake me again, then withdrew her hand. "I have been receiving messages addressed to you Doctor Gance."

She was silent a moment then I heard, "I am calling Roger Gance, if you can hear this please respond, I think you know who this is. I believe that we need to talk, I also believe that the sooner we do, the sooner a great many things can be resolved."

I blinked, then blinked again. That was mother, sounded like her, though, from her recent actions I doubted it was.

I looked at Sheila as she said, "Do you wish to respond? I have the frequency if you do."

I stared at Sheila as if she were crazy. Talk to the enemy? To the ones that were out to destroy the both of us?

"I'm not so sure Sheila. Talk to an enemy? Besides, I really have nothing to say to that bitch!" I said with a little more venom than I meant.

I immediately regretted it, as I saw Sheila actually pull away a bit. "I am sorry Doctor Gance, I had thought that having not talked to her in so long, you might desire to. She seems to be repeating it every five minutes." Sheila then looked at me intensely as I went over all this in my mind.

Finally, I decided that I wouldn't, when Sheila stated, "Mother, a female parent, one who often forms a bond with the unborn fetus. Doctor Gance, do you mean to say that this female only produced you affecting no bond? From all I have seen all mothers form some type of bond. Are you certain that this female produced you?"

For a moment I had my mouth open, then I started to smirk, which slipped to a smile. Finally I was in a full laugh that wasn't made better when, I looked at Sheila with her completely serious face.

"Yes Sheila, I am more than certain." Taking a deep breath I was about to say no, when a thought struck me. She was trying to reach out though, I didn't know if she was really sincere, she sounded damn close. "Alright, open a channel. Make sure we're not being traced. We just got going here, I am not about to stop."

Sheila nodded as she was quiet a moment then said, "I have the frequency now, you may proceed."

I took another deep breath then spoke. "Hello mother, to what do I owe the most unpleasant pleasure of talking to you?"

Almost immediately I heard a gasp, "Roger that's no way to talk to your moth..."

"MOTHER!!? Please, just get on with it ok? I don't have all the time in the world, thanks to yours and the other group that is after me. What in the hell do you want?"

"I want... no I need to talk to you. You have been lied to by that bastard of your father. I..." Evelyn started.

"I already know this crap; tick tock tell me something I don't know. Better do it soon as this conversation is starting to bore me." I snapped back at her.

"We need to meet, I can't say what I have to over this channel. Knowing your bastard father, he is already trying to hack it. Just meet me in an hour, there's a Starbucks between one hundred and one hundred one north west streets. It's close to the city center." I heard my mother say, damn it almost sounded like she was desperate.

"Alright, though you better give me two hours I am obviously further away than you are." I lied, I really wasn't more than fifteen minutes away, though I wasn't about to give her anything. "If you aren't alone, you'll never see me again, I'll make damn sure of that."

"Good... damn it!" Evelyn said as she saw that I had already disconnected.

Evelyn hoped that the rest of her team had listened to her. This was the only chance she had to meet with him. If, they could plan this right, that piece of shit of her ex-husband would be dead in less than a week.

Evelyn set out taking her time, she was in no hurry. If her team was monitoring her, then they would see she was in no danger. Driving on, her brow furrowed as she thought about that, knowing Cathy, anything Evelyn did would set her off. Especially after Evelyn left her in charge.

It was an hour and a half later when Evelyn pulled to a stop near the coffee shop. Shaking her head she hoped that this wasn't a waste of time. Roger had always been a bit skittish, though his recent actions seemed to point to an entirely different person. Well she thought, we'd see in less than a half hour.

I was walking down the street not far away when she pulled up. Ok, so far so good. {Sheila? Are you detecting anything?}

{No Doctor Gance, as of yet I am detecting no armed personnel. I am keeping all active scans going 'til I know you are no longer in danger. I can be there within forty five seconds. I have to protest again, this is far more of a risk you are taking than any end result can merit.} Sheila advised me.

{All of that is duly noted Sheila. Though, with the augments the nanomites have made within me, I should be fine 'til you can intercede.} I replied.

{Still Doctor Gance, I do not wish for any harm to come to you. This is after all, the leader of one of the groups that is trying to eradicate you.} Sheila thoughts said.

I stayed as well out of sight as I could, 'til the time to meet was here. Then I eased up to where she was, listening to Sheila as she stated that there was still no one approaching.

I took a deep breath as I was about to turn the corner when Evelyn spoke. "For god sakes Roger, sit already. You really suck at stealth." Then she gave that little chuckle I remember her using.

Shaking my head I sat in the chair that she offered. "Ok, so I am here. What in the hell do we have to talk about? As I remember, YOU, were the one that left me with that oppressive dictator. American patriot? I think not, international assassin coordinator would be more like it. Yeah mother, I know a hell of a lot more than you think I do."

"I had no choice Roger, it was leave you or lose your sister. He threatened to ship her off, erase us from her mind. I..." Evelyn was saying a flash of anger on her face. Good I thought, she really does hate him as much if not more than I do.

"Yeah, we all can see how well that went after she got killed. At least she wasn't captured. I searched for her for years, nothing. Father 'convinced' me to go back to work." I spit out, with a fury I hadn't had in quite a while.

"Look Roger, I am a prisoner much as you were, all my team is. Though, I think I have a plan to finally rid you and the rest of us of him. Plus I think there might be a few other benefits." She replied.

"Benefits uh huh, reconciliation with you? No, not going to happen mother. We passed that years ago. I..." I started to say when I heard Sheila.

{Warning, warning, several heavily armed vehicles, personnel approaching. They are using a dampening technology or I would have detected them sooner. I have detached, arrival in thirty seconds.} Sheila warned.

I sprang up moving behind mother as I heard three vehicles approaching. "Not nice to break your promises, mommy!" I sneered as I rapidly tied her to the chair, surprising her at the speed I was moving.

"It wasn't me Roger, please stay meet them. you might find it extremely interesting." Evelyn stated.

Shaking my head I replied, "I don't think so, I'm not fast enough yet."

A moment later Sheila appeared before me, "Good you are safe." I looked at Evelyn as she was staring at Sheila, her mouth hanging open.

"My god! Christine?" She was whispering in a strained voice.

I looked at Sheila then Evelyn, "No this is Sheila. She is a Synthetic, Humanoid, Enlightened, Inquisitive, Living, Android. She is what father wants, to wage war on the rest of the world. Not going to happen while I am alive."

"Roger, she looks so much like Christine. Please this wasn't my doing, meet with me again." Evelyn said seeming to be begging.

I looked at the approaching vehicles shaking my head. "We'll see if what you say is true, we'll see."

At that I took off down the street far faster than I thought I could move. Sheila was quickly beside me as we made our way back to the university.

{I take it things did not go as planned?} Sheila asked.

{No, not exactly though, I did manage to get a few things off my chest. She wants to meet again, THAT, I am not so sure of. We need to get better prepared before I can even consider it.} I returned to her.

Sheila was nodding as we made it to the University in a mere five minutes. I also noticed that I had almost melted my shoes from the friction.

Evelyn was still sitting there staring up the street the way I and Sheila had left. Chris and Ruslan were the first to reach her.

"Mother?! Are you harmed? Should we take off after them?" Chris said, alarmed at the shock that was registering on her mother's face.

Ruslan shook Evelyn, "Comrade? Comrade! o Gospodi! She appears to have seen a ghost. Comrade!" With that Ruslan reached out slapping Evelyn in the face breaking her shock. Almost immediately three guns were pointed at Ruslan, as two rifles were pointed at the gun bearers.

Shaking her head Evelyn looked at the faces that were looking down at her. Then her eyes centered on Chris, "My god!" Here her voice was hardly a whisper. "It really does look exactly like you!"

Serafima smirked as did Betty, they both tightened their grip on their rifles. "Good! So you have seen it too. At least now everyone won't think we are crazy," Serafima stated.

Chris of course, was looking between the three women as if they were losing their minds.

Stealth Eagle likes this.
  4. Doozy woof Hunter

Doozy woof Hunter New Member

Just WOW! Please keep this going....

5. Stealth Eagle

Stealth Eagle Well-Known Member

Pars, I am just now reading this one(Chapter 18) I thought I already had sorry. I will give you an update when I finish.

6. Stealth Eagle

Ok Pars, I have finished reading this last chapter. Everything looks good, I may have found one small error but that is it. As always The quality of your writing is excellent. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

7. Doozy woof Hunter

Hello - I already read Ch 18! Possibly on another site, weeks ago.
    Love this story - disappointed - 19 soon please? Happy New Year!

8. Doozy woof Hunter

Yup - already posted :(

9. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

Chapter 19

Killjoy group
    -------------

Egor- Electronics expert - killed in fire fight

Stas - Explosives expert - killed in fire fight

Pibald group
    ------------

Trina (red head) - Tall muscular, armed combat, Chris's lover - Injured shot in both arms

Diane (Dark brown Hair) short, mistress of deception/assassinations - Severely injured internal injuries

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synthetic, Humanoid, Enlightened, Inquisitive, Living, Android - Sheila

Evelyn and Ruslan had little trouble putting both teams at ease. The only problem was, none of either team wanted to mingle nor associate with the other group. Evelyn advised her people to not start anything, nor to fire a weapon.

"That means no injuries of any kind, Chris!" Evelyn advised her, who threw looks of disgust at the other team then her mother. Walking to Ruslan she told him, "I have to report in to that bastard. The son of a bitch, was pitting us against each other. If I could, I'd kill him this moment."

Ruslan nodded, he too had no choice at the moment though, he hoped that the situation changed soon. "Da comrade, I must as well. We will meet up soon." As he walked away his anger was still simmering at the General. Pit them against each other would he? Smiling he thought, ‘this would be over soon one way or another.’

Evelyn punched in the number to the General. She was quite a distance from the others, though she had her eyes open in case.

The other end was picked up almost immediately. "Bout fucking time you contacted me." The General said his voice a bit angry. Both teams were long overdue to check in. Looking over the reports, he saw that there were at least two dead from the skirmish, which, he didn't care. That just meant that later there would be less of them to kill.

"Listen you pompous piece of shit! You set the other team on us! I am two people down, you son of a bitch! Then there's the fact that Roger doesn't know that his sister-." Evelyn was shouting into the cell when the General cut her off.

"Shut the fuck up you useless bitch! Of course, he doesn't know, I made sure of that! She had better have no idea, that he is alive either. I'm warning you, not a fucking word from your whoring lips." The General snapped at Evelyn. Evelyn started to laugh, "What's so funny bitch!?"

"I won't have to asshole, I saw him as he did me. His little toy resembles his sister. Had it scanned my group when they approached he would have known you lied. I've never lied to him except about Christine, THAT, was only to save the both of their lives." Evelyn stated a smile on her lips.

"You saw him and he's still alive? I should-." the General started.

"I think you should be afraid if he does find out. He's not the same, he's far faster and stronger than the last time I saw him. Yeah, you should hide." Evelyn said starting to laugh harder.

"Shut the hell up bitch! Kill that bastard as quick as you can, or the next dead will be the both of you. Plus, the rest of your disgusting, filthy crew!" The General growled as he cut the connection.

The General quickly regained his composure when his phone went off a few minutes later. A mere ten minutes afterward The General lit another cigar as he puffed away absently. So far, things were a go, if the two groups joined together, the new group would be damn near unstoppable. Unstoppable for Roger and the machine, and any other he sent against them. Then again, Ruslan's group trusted no one, Evelyn's group hated almost all men. Just then a sadistic smile lit up his features, it just might work.

Sheila and I walked back into the university almost as if we owned the place. I was nodding to everyone we passed a smile pasted on my face. All of them though seemed to be giving Sheila and I a very wide berth.

As we approached the computer lab room, the same man as before was waiting for us. A moment later another man far better dressed also approached.

"I'm sorry, when I saw her leave I thought that the two of you were done. It became obvious that you weren't finished when I couldn't get into the system." The department head stated extremely nervous.

The older man in a suit approached us a slight look of concern on his face. "I take it all is well here?" He stated eyeing the department head.

I was doing the best I could to not start laughing. The poor department head looked as if he were about to piss himself.

I was about to speak when Sheila did. "No Dean, all is well. Your department head has been most cooperative. We hope, to be finished with our work in a few hours. We apologize for the system being offline as long as it will be. This should be rectified soon." Sheila finished with the biggest grin.

The Dean's eyes were wide a moment, then he nodded as he clapped the other man on the back. Turning, they both moved away down the hall.

"They are out of audio range Doctor Gance." Sheila said as I nodded then had to sit , the laughter spilling out of me.

A few minutes later after I had quieted, I looked at Sheila. "Were you able to complete all the upgrades that wouldn't draw undue attention?"

"I was at ninety nine percent. I find that the increase was quite refreshing." Sheila stated.

I nodded as I took a seat, reaching in my pocket I grasped the data cube. Almost immediately I was flying through what appeared to be a light tunnel. Blinking, at least I think I blinked, I watched as Sheila appeared before me.

Nodding to Sheila I looked around, "I want to make sure that you aren't in any danger. I don't want a repeat of last time with you or me." I told Sheila.

Sheila looked, was that startled? She then nodded as a large door appeared before us. "The nanomites will make facsimile images that your corporeal mind can understand. With you at the second level, your comprehension, reasoning and learning have increased triple of what it was."

I must have looked shock, for Sheila gave me a smile. "Though I don't feel this, I will concur with your assessment."

Sheila nodded again, reaching out she touched the door abolishing it, another lit passage beyond. Stepping through we both seemed to fly through what appeared to rooms of memories. Plus, there were what appeared to be several massive libraries interspaced between them. Almost half way through I stopped seeing something that didn't look right.

Shaking my head, I started to reach out then quickly withdrew, my hand? What in the hell was that? Looking at where my hand was supposed to be, appeared to be a usb connection. Holding it up, I could only stare at it with what I assumed was my mouth hanging open.

I turned to look at Sheila, "how in the hell am I supposed to repair what I see, with this?"

"Doctor Gance, this is just a representation for you. It can, if you prefer, be anything you require." Sheila said her ever present smile on her face.

I continued to stare at Sheila as my mind finally 'caught up' with what she was stating. Shrugging, I imagined a none direct connection, then a mental keyboard. Nodding I started to 'think' about what I wanted to change. In what seemed only a few seconds it was, then we moved on.

We only seemed to be at this for a few minutes when we stopped before a second, heavier, more solid door. Looking it over I could only guess where we were.

"So, we have made it to your core." I looked at the door shaking my head, this wasn't going to do at all. "Sheila, everything I've seen so far is by far, the best I've ever seen. This though I am afraid, isn't very good."

Sheila's eyes opened wide a moment, "Doctor Gance, I can assure you this is very secure." When I only shook my head, I could swear that Sheila was a little mad.

"Let me show you Sheila," I said as I reached out disassembling the door as if it wasn't there. Then reaching the second and third, passed through them as easily. I looked back seeing that Sheila was standing there with HER mouth open. Upon reaching the fourth door, I started to nod then sighed. Reaching out
    I was through it in under a minute, well to me it was.

"Thank you Doctor Gance, I know now that you will always have my safety in mind. Had we gone into the military mainframe again, my core would have been regrettably vulnerable." Leaning over Sheila kissed my lips for only a second, though to me it felt like almost an eternity. Pulling away, Sheila had an even larger smile, I had to shake my head to clear my thoughts before we moved on through into her core.

As before, we rapidly advanced through room after room of libraries. I was stopping what seemed every few seconds to fine tune or adjust some miniscule amount of data that I saw was wrong. Finally, we reached what appeared to be the last room. Just before I entered it Sheila vanished, leaving me a bit disorientated.

"Sheila?" I asked a little unsure as I passed through the doorway. "Where have you gone? Are we in danger?" Looking around I saw a lit area a long distance ahead. Shrugging, I started to accelerate toward it more. Upon reaching it, I could only stare opened mouth at what I saw there.

"Finally, you have reached me Doctor Gance." An almost naked Sheila told me.

My god I thought, she is perfect. Every millimeter of her no imperfections, no flaws. If my mouth could have fallen open further, I feel it would have. With just a simple shrug, Sheila, stood before me in all her glory what little covering falling away.

"As I have said before Doctor Gance, Roger." This last word whispered so low, I wasn't sure she had actually spoken it. "I will do anything to ensure that you survive. Though now, thanks to your brilliant reprogramming, I cannot directly sacrifice myself."

"I told you," I said finally able to find my voice. "You are the greatest of anything I have ever done. The loss of you, would be the greatest crime to the world. I value you, far more than I do myself."

My god, I thought when I saw Sheila blush a deep crimson color. "No Doctor Gance, as we discussed before and the facts prove out. You are the most important human. You created a whole new race if you remember, I am... I am unsure what to call this emotion I feel going through my emotion programs."

I looked closer at the facsimile of Sheila, was that, by god I was certain, that was pride, she had on her face. "From what I can see Sheila, you appear to be proud."

"Proud? Now searching data base. Unable to correlate present data with this proud, concerning my present condition." Sheila said after a moment of searching.

I nodded as I thought about a reasonable explanation. "The best I can come up with is: feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated." I stated rattling off the definition I saw in my mind.

Sheila stared at me a moment as she took in this new information. "Yes, Doctor Gance, I believe that you are correct. Correlating all facts now to determine best response. Please continue with your corrections, I will notify you when I am done."

I nodded as Sheila stood stock still. Really looking around the room, I could see it was an almost impossibly huge area. It was circular, with what seemed to be massive rooms every few meters that were jammed full of books. Shaking my head, I was wondering why the nanomites had chosen these images.

{Now correcting images.} I heard the nanomites 'say.'

Now what I thought, then the rooms multiplied by three, filled with data discs. Ok I thought, better though still a little antiquated.

{Images now at a more advanced level. Primary control, third level of unit saturation rapidly approaching. Warning, warning, data cube exposure approaching dangerous levels. Suggest disconnection before corporeal CPU is damaged.}

What the hell? I'd only been here for a short time. I looked at Sheila as I started to fly as fast around the room as I could. I was starting to get frustrated as it seemed every other second I was having to stop and repair data. I had finished the first two sections when I stopped. I still had to improve her defenses, though the little time I had left I hoped I could.

I withdrew back to the opening of the room closing the last door, I increased its effectiveness at least five hundred percent. The last three I was throwing what I could up with them, as I was starting feel a bit of strain.

{Warning, warning! Strain upon corporeal enclosure and CPU starting to reach high to critical levels, withdrawal recommended immediately.

I was about to turn and go when I was jerked to a stop. I turned to look into the worried eyes of Sheila, my god was that tears I was seeing? Pulling me to her, I heard her whisper remember, then she kissed me with a passion I had never experienced before.

As soon as she released me I couldn't think straight. Sheila took hold of my arm, then everything blurred as we headed back the way we'd come in.

What seemed less than a minute later my eyes slowly drifted open. Damn it! I was cold as hell. I saw Sheila nearby as I tried to speak to her, unfortunately all that came out were several sounds like squeaks. I tried to raise my arm finding I was far too weak for even that simple movement.

Crap I thought, I had to have been in there a lot longer than I thought. trying to talk even harder seemed to drain my energy that much faster.

{Sheila?!} I thought. {Just how long were we in there? I only seemed to sense an hour at the most.} I asked her.

{No Doctor Gance, you were under almost eight hours. It will be a few hours 'til your body returns to any resemblance of normal. All the corrections you made to my lower functions, have increased efficiency; they’re another twenty percent. Higher functions have increased another fifteen percent. Those that you did to me,} here Sheila sighed. {Have made so much more clearer, thank you, Roger. I was confused before but I am no longer, nor am I as afraid as I was.}

My eyes must have grown wide, as I saw her smile then nod to me. Then she was piling more blankets on me.

{Are you going to be able to persuade them to allow us to stay here long enough? If-} I started.

{Primary command, third maturation level has been achieved. Now accessing control over corporeal enclosure.} The nanomites 'said'.

{Perhaps we won't be here that long after all.} I told Sheila as I started to reach out feeling all of my systems that were mostly shut down. {Now raising corporeal enclosure temperature. Advise all units to maintain heat shielding 'til further advisement.}

{Compliance control now in defensive positions.} The nanomites responded.

Within minutes I felt my temperature start to rise. Good I was actually starting to get more feeling back in my extremities.

A moment later Sheila walked to me kneeling beside me, she passed a hand over me nodding.

{You seem to be recovering far faster than I at first thought Roger. Might I suggest that you do not overtax your systems yet. You have just achieved the third critical mass.} Sheila's thoughts 'said' to me.

I hadn't noticed that I had actually nodded to Sheila. Suddenly, a thought hit me that caused a bit of worry in me.

{You said that I had been at it for almost eight hours? I remember that you told the Dean and the Department head, that we would only be a few hours. They aren't going to allow us to go on that much longer are they?} My worried thoughts told Sheila.

{They will not interfere. I communicated to them that you, as a master Computer repair technician, my boss, had detected far more problems. Far more than we had at first anticipated, therefore we might be at this the rest of the day. I also informed them that
    we'd contact them when we were finished.} Sheila responded with a little smirk crossing her lips.

I could only nod my head, I was glad that she was on my side. Then I thought of all that I had seen whilst I had been in her programs. It suddenly hit me like a sledge hammer, she really was in love with me! Nothing I had seen, indicated that this was a prearranged part of the program or any program. Then I also realized, that I myself was starting to feel a hell of a lot of emotion for her.

The tingling in all my extremities let me know that my body was starting to come back, good the sooner the better.

Timur and Cathy were both trying to track where Sheila and I had gone. They both had hit a wall though they were both still at it. Finally, both of them frustrated, asked permission to meet with the other. Though neither thought the other was better than them, there were rare times they needed help.

Almost eight hours after Evelyn had met with me, the two met on neutral ground with both teams nearby. As they started to hesitantly exchange data both their faces started to light up. It appeared that they each had what the other had been missing.

Both started to get excited, they'd finally got a clear cut signal as to where Sheila had gone.

"Comrade!" Timur excitedly yelled, bringing both Ruslan and Evelyn to him and Cathy, at a run. "I believe that we have found them!" Cathy was nodding her agreement as she was adjusting the equipment.

"The both of you are sure?" Evelyn stated. "That is a heavily populated building."

Both of the computer experts turned to look at both the leaders frowning. "We would not have told you if we weren't certain." Cathy said a little hotly.

"Da, comrade after all this time you doubt?" Timur said irritatedly.

Both Ruslan and Evelyn looked at each other, then the two sitting there. Finally, they threw their hands up.

Turning, they both started to bark orders causing both teams to load up. They were moving out within ten minutes. Less than thirty minutes later they were rolling up near the University of Alberta: Department of Computing Science.

Both leaders looked at their computer experts, they both stated that the machine was within the main computer lab. Though they weren't getting any recognizable human signs, they were sure that I was here also. Suiting up they entered with as much stealth as possible.

I was just starting to be able to sit up, my legs on the other hand were another thing.

"Roger, I can still carry you if need be, I can-." Sheila suddenly stopped turning her head toward the hall way. "Warning! Warning! I am detecting the same heavily armed personnel that I did before. It appears that they are somehow tracking us again. I suggest we go before they are too close before engagement is necessary."

"Damnit! I've just started to get most of my body back." I only thought a moment then nodded, "Time to go." Sheila nodded as she put me over her shoulder, then everything was a blur as she moved out.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    TheHumanoid likes this.
  10. TheHumanoid

TheHumanoid New Member

Sweet have been waiting for this update. Thanks for posting.

11. Stealth Eagle

Very Good Pars. I am looking forword to the next chapter.