Norman the Cat

Discussion in 'Erotic Fiction Story Forum' started by davidwatts, Apr 15, 2019.

1. davidwatts

davidwatts New Member

Hello. This is my first attempt at transferring a story from my literotica efforts, and I don't know what's going to happen when I push the button, but here goes...

The cat's name was Norman, and it was due to his elusive qualities that I am able to tell this tale.

Chapter 1. Just another night.

I was making my way down the hall to my apartment after another boring day of work when I saw him. Well, I didn't actually see him, but something definitely whizzed by me as I turned the corner. As I turned to see exactly what it was, I was sent reeling by the impact of a young lady in hot pursuit of the fleeing feline.

"Norman wait!" my accidental assailant hissed loudly after she gushed her apologies at me while helping me pick up my things that had gone flying from the collision. "I'm so sorry!"

"No harm done," I said as I took my paper from the young lady.

"My cat... he escaped on me," she said while looking very distraught, because Norman had disappeared from view and the young girl looked on the verge of tears. "He's never done that before."

"Here, let me set my things inside my place and I'll help you look for him," I offered.

"Would you?" she said.

"No problem," I assured her as I unlocked my door and tossed my stuff on the chair before following her girl down the hall and out into the courtyard.

To make the long story short, after about a half hour of searching under cars and through the wooded area, I spotted Norman. The little bugger had apparently been amused by my attempts at making the usual noises one makes to try to attract cats and had stopped to check me out.

After a crawl under a bush and a slash by Norman's claws, I grabbed the little guy by the neck and hauled him out, unhappy but safe and sound. The mother/owner was beside herself with relief and joy as she grabbed Norman from me, holding him tight to her tear-stained cheek while thanking me over and over again.

"Oh, he got you didn't he?" she said as she looked at the back of my hand and the blood that dripped from the scratch.

"It's nothing," I assured her. "I'm fine. I'm just happy we found him."

"Come up and let me clean you up," she said. "Unless you're in a hurry or something."

Well, it had been a long time since I had been in a hurry for anything, I thought to myself. What awaited me was a frozen pizza and a few episodes of Seinfeld, so I took the young lady up on her invitation.

We had seen each other in passing prior to this meeting, but in apartment complexes like this one people come and go so fast you can't keep track of them, and you tend to keep to yourself.

Norman's mom turned out to be Janice, and as she cleaned my wound and tended to it, Janice's touch sent shivers down my spine. It had been so very long since a woman had touched me that even an innocuous thing like this was enough to excite me. At 56 years old I had been a widower for six years, and had been content to play out the string and wait for the end to come, and much of the time I felt, the sooner the better. With Madeline's passing life had little to offer and I had equally little to offer in return.

"I said that I bet you didn't expect to have an evening like this when you got home," Janice said, having to repeat this to me apparently, as I had been daydreaming.

"No, but it was certainly exciting," I finally answered.

"You aren't supposed to have pets here and I was just as afraid he would be seen as I was that something would happen to him," Janice said. "He's my best friend... just about my only friend sometimes."

I looked at this sad-eyed girl as she spoke, and the same world-weary attitude I shared was evident in her voice and face. She was far too young to be so jaded, I thought.

"I'm sorry," Janice sniffled. "It's just that I'm still upset at him running out like that. Would you like a cup of coffee... I'm sorry. I don't even know your name."

"Jim. Yes, I'd like a cup if you're going to join me."

We made idle chit-chat as Janice made the coffee. She was a very shy girl but I managed to find out that she was 19 and worked at the Wal-Mart down the road and hated her job. She was a chubby gal who had a cute face that reminded me of the girl on the old Campbell Soup ads.

I stayed for a couple cups of coffee that I didn't really want, but I was enjoying Janice's company so much that I hated to leave. When I did, Janice stopped me at the door and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks for capturing Norman," Janice said with a blush. "You're my hero."

I made it back to my apartment with my heart racing. The thought that a kiss on the cheek could do that to me was ridiculous, and especially coming from a girl that was young enough to be my daughter. Grandaughter, I corrected myself.

Chapter 2. Getting closer.

That was how it started, and somehow I managed to run into Janice frequently after that, often bumping into each other in the hall, although far less abruptly than the first encounter. I found myself going to that dreaded store she worked at, and 'accidently' found myself at her register with my purchases.

None of this was an accident, of course. I timed these meetings as best I could, often waiting by my door until I heard her door close in the mornings. I was ashamed of myself at times, almost stalking this young girl, and even more embarrassed at the thoughts I had regarding her.

I would watch her from afar and admire her Rubenesque figure, picturing what her breasts would look like unwrapped. I complimented Janice when she got her hair cut into a shorter style which made her look older. Now she looked 20.

Whether she knew what I was doing or not, I wasn't sure. I felt silly having feelings about a teenaged girl like this, but after a while I didn't much care because I was having fun. Besides, I was just a harmless old man with no real delusions of anything happening between us.

I can't pinpoint exactly when things began to change between the two of us, but I began to notice our meetings started to become more frequent, and longer lasting to boot. Often the chance meetings really were that, and I began to wonder whether Janice was now doing precisely what I had been doing for us to be 'accidently' crossing paths so often.

One brisk November morning we ended up walking down the hall together on our way to work, and instead of me waiting for the bus out in front of our place, I strolled down with Janice to her workplace, which was less than a mile down the road.

"Wasn't that yours Jim?" Janice asked as a bus flew by us as we walked.

"Maybe, but there's another coming in about 15 minutes," I told Janice. "Besides, I'd rather walk with you than go to work anyway."

That was the truth, but it made Janice giggle and blush in response.

"Thanksgiving is next week," Janice said. "Do you go visit family or do they come visit you?"

"Neither. I have no family, so there's no decision to be made. Madeline and I never had... couldn't have children and I was an only child. How about you?"

"Me?" Janice said. "I have no family either. Well, I do but not really."

We walked in silence as I tried to digest that confusing answer.

"The reason I asked was that was," Janice said as she seemed to search for the right words. "If you didn't have any plans or anything, and if you wanted to, I could make us dinner on Thanksgiving. If you wanted to that is."

"I would love that!" I said in probably way too excited a voice. Janice seemed not to notice, as she seemed relieved at my answer. "You have to let me provide the food though."

"We could split it, and if you wanted to we could go shop for the stuff together a couple of nights before," Janice said in almost as excited a tone as I had previously. "If you wanted to that is."

Since I drove and Janice didn't, that made a world of sense, so we made a date. Grocery shopping on the Monday night before Thanksgiving. Putting this down on paper makes my enthusiasm over such a mundane event seem rather foolish to most, but then again you would have had to have lived my life over the prior six years to fully appreciate the way I felt.

Chapter 3. Shopping for Thanksgiving dinner.

When I knocked on Janice's door that Monday evening. she opened it almost as soon as my knuckles hit the wood. Giving Norman a nudge back inside, she slipped out and closed the door behind herself while giving me a big smile.

"Ready to roll?" Janice asked, and when I agreed she nonchalantly slipped her arm inside mine and led me down the hall.

My heart raced as we walked arm in arm, and while Janice probably meant it in fun I was enjoying having a young woman on my arm. The brisk autumn air was hardly noticeable to me as I floated out to the car and opened the door for Janice, closing the door carefully after she hopped in.

The car's usual stale atmosphere was now alive with the gentle scent of Janice's perfume, a soft vanilla aroma most agreeable to me. I inhaled deeply as we made idle chit-chat on the short drive.

"This must be a thrill for you, getting to come to the store after spending the day here," I commented as we navigated through the crowded aisles of the store.

"Yeah, but this is fun anyway," Janice said as she held up a bag of mixed nuts for my advice, tossing it in the cart as I nodded approvingly.

"To the turkeys?" I asked. "Or are we doing something else?"

"Turkey most definitely!" Janice declared as we cruised in that direction.

We stood in front of the display of frozen turkeys and then I slid down to the cooler where the fresh turkeys were.

"Fresh is always better," I suggested, and picked up an absurdly large bird that weighed 24 pounds. "How about this one?" I asked as Janice's face recoiled in horror.

"Omigod!" Janice exclaimed. "We'd be eating that for a month."

"At least I'd be able to invite myself over for leftovers that way," I replied.

"You won't have to invite yourself Jim," Janice said as she hefted a far more sensible 14 pounder. "You have an open invitation to drop by anytime."

"That one looks like he wants to come home with us," I said. "Looks like a Todd to me."

"Todd?"

"Have to give your turkey a name if you're going to invite him to dinner," I said as my eyes started to water in thinking of days long ago, when Madeline and I would do silly things like naming our turkeys. "We used to..." I managed to get out before my voice started breaking.

"Todd it is!" Janice exclaimed as Todd the Turkey went into the cart and we went off to the produce section.

I was grateful that Janice had come to my rescue back there, because I was on the verge of losing it right in the middle of the meat department. We grabbed potatoes and frozen rolls and went to the checkout, where Janice was greeted warmly by the cashier, a young woman about Janice's age.

"Can't get enough of the place can you Jan?" the cashier cracked as she scanned our order. "Who's this, your dad?" she said innocently enough but to my embarrassment.

"Definitely NOT!" Janice snapped back. "This is my good friend Jim."

I paid for the order over Janice's objections, telling her we could figure it out later, and took our cart out to the car.

"Guess that was embarrassing for you Janice," I said as I fired up the car and headed back home.

"More like it was embarrassing for you," Janice said softly. "I'm sorry."

"I'm fine with it," I answered. "At least she didn't say grandfather. That would have been bad."

Janice giggled at that which lightened the mood a bit.

"Besides, it would be an honor to have a daughter like you," I said after a moment of silence.

"Is that how you think of me?" Janice asked casually. "Like a daughter?"

I thought back to the times in the store when I would look at Janice when she was otherwise distracted; admiring her form as she reached and bent over while looking for tiny glimpses of skin, and adoring the soft and full roundness of her buttocks and the sight of her breasts straining against her sweater.

"No," I answered honestly but with considerable shame. "I don't think of you like a daughter, although I probably should. Is that bad?"

"Definitely NOT bad," Janice said as the car pulled into the parking area of our apartment building. "Because I don't think of you as my father. I think too highly of you for that."

Chapter 4. Thanksgiving Holiday cheer.

I dressed in my holiday best for the occassion, which was a shirt and tie. Janice looked lovely as she greeted me at the door. She was wearing a rust colored sweater with an autumn design to it, and she looked beautiful, which made me glad I had put a little effort into my appearance.

I helped Janice as she buzzed around the kitchen, and I was impressed at how talented she was. She really knew her way around a stove, and I loved the little things she did as she cooked. It reminded me of the way my wife did things, and living out of cans and frozen dinners had made me forget about such things.

The dinner was an absolute delight from start to finish, and Todd the Turkey was as moist as flavorful as could be. As we did the dreaded clean-up afterward, I was struck at how beautiful Janice was. Not that I hadn't noticed this before, mind you, but spending all this time with her gave me a chance to really appreciate her.

She was about 5 inches shorter than my just about 6 foot height, and her hair was as black as black could be. She had pale blue eyes that were usually cast downward, but when she looked up they had such a vulnerable softness about them that they made me feel guilty about the feelings I was experiencing toward her.

I suppose that most people looked at her and thought that she'd be beautiful if she lost 40 pounds or so, but I have an appreciation for women with a little more... shall we say substance? She carried the weight well, and was solidly built. During the course of the day I had made an effort to make casual contact with Janice, like an occasional hand on the shoulder, and she didn't seem to mind it.

"Glad that's done with!" Janice said as we collapsed on the couch, having gotten the dishwasher going and cleared the carnage for the most part..

"That was an incredible meal," I told Janice.

"It was nice to have someone to share it with," Janice said, and to my delight she inched over next to me on the couch, and put her head on my shoulder.

My heart started beating like it hadn't done in a long while as Janice snuggled up against me. Overcoming the aroma of turkey and all the fixings was the scent of an woman by my side, and as the pleasant scent of Janice's delicate perfume reached me, I felt an old familiar surge race through my loins.

As we watched what promised to be the first of a million showings of "A Christmas Story" this holiday season, I glanced down and saw what I had feared. My erection, and the complete outline of my cock was being displayed quite blatantly in my camel colored slacks as it curved over to my right pocket. Even in the dim light of the television it would be clearly visible to Janice if she happened to look that way, so I tried to divert her attention with conversation.

"I haven't had a day this nice in over 6 years," I said during a commercial.

"Tell me about your wife," Janice said. "If you don't mind talking about her that is."

"Mind? No, I wouldn't mind at all," I said while taking the time to shift a little to try to make the bulge less obvious. "Madeline and I were married for twenty-three years, and we were very happy. We had a house out in the suburbs and lived the typical middle-class life."

"No kids?" Janice asked.

"No, we weren't able to have children, but we wanted them badly. Anyway, everything was wonderful until Madeline got sick. Cancer."

"Oh," Janice said softly.

"They tried everything to save her but the cancer was relentless," I said while the tears I had feared would come began to well up in my eyes. "I wanted to be with her every minute so when the inevitable neared I took her home. If she was going to die, and she knew it by then, she wanted her to die at home. At our home. It took a long time. Too long and too painful, but at least she died at home and in my arms."

I tried to be subtle about wiping the tears from my face, but it wasn't necessary because Janice was crying worse than I was.

"Geez, I'm sorry," I said while I looked around for a box of tissues. "I didn't mean to ruin a womderfulful day."

"You didn't ruin anything Jim," Janice said sniffling. "That was so beautiful."

"Well, not all that beautiful," I added. "I lost my job because I had stayed home all that time, and I lost the house when the bank foreclosed soon after."

"And you'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if you could," Janice said.

"Yes. How I loved Madeline so."

"She was the luckiest woman that ever lived," Janice said softly. "If I could experience that kind of love from a man it would be worth any amount of suffering that followed."

"You're very young Janice," I said. "Someone will come along one day and you'll find your happiness."

"Nobody wants a fat cow," Janice said morosely.

"Stop that nonsense Janice!" I said rather abruptly. "You're a beautiful woman, and it's just a matter of finding the right guy."

Janice pulled her face off of my shoulder and looked up at me with her tear stained cheeks glistening in the faint light. I leaned down to kiss Janice's forehead but she raised her face as I did, and I found myself in the middle of an incredibly passionate kiss.

"Oh," I said in my awkward way. "I didn't mean that."

"I did," Janice said with a hint of a smile in the corner of her mouth. "I meant this too."

With that I found myself in another kiss of epic proportions. I was feeling rather guilty in doing so, but I was enjoying it far too much to stop. My erection was back in full bloom as well, but luckily Janice was too occupied to notice, or so I thought.

"You don't mind doing this, do you?" Janice said with a giggle. "I notice that you give every indication of liking it."

As she said that, she nodded in the direction of the tent my erection was causing in my slacks, and I felt my face burn with embarrassment at this.

"Blushing too," Janice said.

"I'm sorry," I managed to get out before Janice leaned forward to kiss me again, and as we necked I felt Janice's hand slide down my body until it rested on my thigh. Her touch was electric, and even though I knew it was wrong, I hoped she would move her hand over and touch me.

We necked for a while on the couch, and even though I felt like a predator I at least manitained enough self-control to keep my hands to myself. When we finally tore apart from each other, I looked down at my lap.

I cannot describe the horror I felt when I saw the large stain in my slacks where my erection had been bulging. It almost looked like I had wet my pants or something, and I hoped that Janice would not notice, but it was too late for that, and when she looked down there she let out a giggle.

"I didn't... it's not what you think it is," I babbled.

"I know what it is," Janice said with a smile. "I'm flattered."

"It's just that you're just a child, and I shouldn't be having these feelings toward you."

"I'm not a child, I'm a woman," Janice said as she pulled away and looked at me with those tender blue eyes. "I thought you had noticed that, judging my the way you've looked at me, and the way you reacted when I sat next to you."

"Well of course I'm very attracted to you Janice, but..."

"No buts Jim," Janice said with an impish grin. "Don't you dare apologize to me because for some reason I excite you, because I'll strangle you!"

Janice looked at the ever widening stain that crept over the front of my slacks and giggled.

"I could clean you up," Janice suggested.

"No, I don't think that will be necessary," I said, and got up to get ready to leave, since it was getting late anyway.

"You're mad at me aren't you?" Janice said as she got up with me.

"Mad? God no," I said. "I'm just confused and ashamed of myself."

"Don't be," Janice answered. "I wasn't laughing at you, Jim. I was smiling because I was happy. Please don't ruin that for me. You seem to like me, and I know how I feel about you."

I stopped at the door and stared at the peephole that led to the hallway. At my ankles, Norman began weaving his way around and between my legs, telling me in his own inimitable way to either stay or leave. I still had yet to learn how to speak cat.

"I think it's so nice that you treat me with such respect, and I'm not used to that," Janice continued. "We can take this at any speed you want to, but just remember that you aren't taking advantage of me, and you aren't cheating on anybody either."

"You know, for somebody so young you have a way of figuring things out pretty well," I said in tribute to her psychoanalytical appraisal of me, which was painfully dead on.

"I guess that means you aren't mad."

"Will you need help with the leftovers?" I asked.

"I get out of work at 7," Janice replied.

"Then I'll see you at eight."

We kissed at the door, and although I tried to keep my messy front away from her, Janice didn't seem to share my concern. The press of her full breasts against me took my breath away, and I staggered down the hall to my own place with my head spinning and my heart pounding, trying to sort this all out.

Chapter 5. Leftovers.

I showed up on time the next evening to help Janice make a dent in the leftovers. We ended up on the couch again, and by the end of the evening we were necking up a storm.

My erection was less evident this time, thanks to some strategic alingnment I had made during one of Janice's trips to the bathroom. Janice's hand did not stray to find it this night either, although her hand did end up on my thigh. That was quite exciting as well, as the anticipation of wondering whether it would inch forward kept my interest piqued.

My roving hands were in action themselves. Janice was wearing a short-sleeved blouse with stripes that accentuated her generous bosom, and while my eyes strayed in that direction frequently, I was content to gently stroke the soft dark hair on Janice's forearms as we made out.

When I left Janice's place around midnight, I went home and took a long cool shower which I needed badly. While the shower was refreshing, it did nothing to relieve the pressure I was feeling from my cock, which continued to sway in front of me in a very stimulated state despite my regulating the water temperture downward.

My hand found the way down there with the soap, and then without the soap. I slowly began pumping myself with my fist for the first time in quite a while. What was definitely the first time was that while I worked myself up to orgasm, I wasn't thinking of Madeline and the way she looked.

This time I was thinking of Janice. Thinking of the way she kissed me so passionately and of the way she looked. My knees buckled as a result of the force of my orgasm, forcing me to lean against the shower wall for support, and as I orgasmed my mind was thinking of far less innocent things than kissing her.

As the spray of the shower washed away the evidence of what I had done I felt ashamed, but strangely enough not as ashamed as I felt I should. I didn't know what that meant exactly, but after I turned in for the night and I drifted off to sleep, my thoughts were filled with Janice, and sleep came easy and deep.

Chapter 6. Janice at work.

I had to get a screwdriver, or at least that was my excuse to go visit Janice's store the next day. I waited at her register even though I could have gone to the express lane, and it was worth it when her face lit up after seeing me in line.

"Morning beautiful," I said as she scanned my purchase.

"Planning on doing a little screwing around Jim?" she said with a wink, and cackled when she got the expected embarrassed reaction from me.

"You're cute when you blush," Janice said as she handed me the bag. "Too bad you didn't show up a little later so we could go get a cup of coffee on my break."

"I'll wait," I said as I headed for the food court.

"It won't be for a half hour," Janice said.

"See you in a half hour."

I dawdled around the food court until I saw Janice begin to close up her register, and got us both coffee. My timing was impeccable as I had only just sat down when Janice came walking quickly toward me.

"I only get 15 minutes," Janice said as I rose to greet her.

"Slave drivers," I muttered as I pulled her chair out for her.

"You're so sweet," Janice said as she pulled herself toward the table. "I love the way you do these little things for me, like pulling out chairs and opening doors for me."

"That sort of thing out of style these days?" I asked as I sat across from Janice, who looked radiant even wearing her faded blue smock.

"Pretty much," Janice replied. "You don't have to do it, you know."

"You're worth it."

"Oh wait... Melanie!" Janice called out to a woman passing through the cafe area.

"Hello Jan," Melanie said. Melanie was an young woman who was apparently a co-worker of Janice's.

"I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Jim, Melanie," Janice said as I rose to greet her.

"Oh, you're the one Janice can't stop talking about," Melanie said. "Nice to meet you."

Boyfriend. The word resonated in my ears long after the woman went on her way. I was Janice's boyfriend?

"You called me your boyfriend," I said as I swirled the stick around my coffee cup.

"I know I did, and you blushed when I said it," Janice said. "You are, aren't you?"

"Uh... I don't know. I guess I must be," I finally said. "It just seems funny to hear it."

"Funny or embarrassing?" Janice asked.

"Funny. It's just weird to hear an old fart like me being a boy anything."

"This age thing really bothers you Jim, doesn't it?" Janice asked.

"I guess it must," I admitted. "I feel like I'm doing something wrong."

"Look Jim, I'm not a child. I'm a woman," Janice said as she leaned down to keep her voice from carrying. "It's not like I'm a virgin or anything."

I must have recoiled at that revelation, because Janice seemed to notice a change in me. It shouldn't have surprised me, but it did.

"No, of course not. I mean that doesn't matter to me," I offered weakly.

"Well then what does it matter how old you are?" Janice said. "Besides, you don't look your age and you don't act your age. What ever happened to you're only as old as you feel, or whatever that saying is?"

"I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right," Janice said as she checked her watch. "You coming over tonight?"

"Um... yes. I guess I was planning on that."

"Then you must be my boyfriend, because now we just assume we're going to see each other," Janice said while she rose from her chair to head back to work.

I rose along with her and walked her to the store entrance.

"See ya at 7 then, boyfriend!" Janice chirped as she went back into the store.

I watched Janice's plump butt wiggle away before heading out to my car. I found myself whistling and gingling my keys as I walked through the parking lot with a bounce to my step. Once again a few minutes with Janice had made me feel happy as could be. Boyfriend, I thought to myself while shaking my head.

We had a great deal in common, despite our age difference. Janice loved to play Scrabble, which was a favorite of mine as well. When we first began playing I took it easy on her, figuring that a girl that had dropped out of high school would have a limited vocabulary.

By the end of the game, I had long since dropped that strategy, and had to pull out a victory with my last tiles. After that, she won her fair share of games, much to my dismay.

"Were you really trying?" I remember Janice asking after the first game she won, which she celebrated with a victory dance. "Oh-oh... guess so," she added after I snarled good naturedly at her. Janice needed no charity, and I respected her too much to give her any.

We both loved movies, and while Janice was mostly familiar with more recent films she was very willing to sample the older ones in my collection. When I saw her eyes water like Ingrid Bergmann's while we watched Casablanca, I was hooked.

Chapter 7. Everybody has a story.

Once night I invited Janice over for dinner at my place, and I made us a lasagna dinner that impressed Janice greatly. I could cook a little, and it had been so long since I made something that didn't go from the freezer into the microwave that I enjoyed doing it a great deal. Added to the fun was the fact that I was making it for Janice.

Afterward we ended up on my couch for our cuddling session, and after the televsion had become a night light our cuddling became more intense.

"Maybe now that we're on your home field you'll get a little more comfortable, and more rambunctious too," Janice whispered in my ear as we necked, and her hand slid over onto my thigh, squeezing it tightly before rubbing down toward my knee before sliding up.

My heart started skipping beats and my head spun as her pudgy little fingers found the bulge in my pants with her eyes closed. I let out a little cry and when Janice's eyes opened she saw me staring bug-eyed at her.

"Do you like me doing this?" Janice asked, and all I could do was nod.

"Would you rather I didn't?" Janice said.

"No, I mean yes, I like it."

"I'm sorry if you think I'm aggressive, it's just that I'm really crazy about you and I'm looking for ways to show you," Janice said.

"That's one way I guess," I croaked, and Janice stopped her fondling of me and pulled her hand away.

"You think I'm a real pig, don't you?" Janice said.

"No! Of course I don't," I said sharply.

"When I told you that I wasn't a virgin, that really upset you, didn't it?"

"No, I mean it's your business and everything, and I have no right to pass judgment on you," I said honestly. "It's just that things are much different today than they were in my day."

"These are your days, Jim" Janice said. "You keep making yourself out to be a fossil, and you aren't. You're a healthy and lively guy with as much energy as I have. Plus, you happen to be an attractive man with what seems to be a nice body under all your clothes, and I'm curious."

"I'm afraid you would be greatly disappointed."

"Look, if it makes you feel any better, I'm definitely not a virgin, but I've never made love to a man either," Janice said.

"Oh," I answered while trying to decipher what she was talking about. Janice was a lesbian?

"I wasn't going to say anything about this, but I figure that I might as well," Janice added. "After I get done, you probably won't want to be near me again anyway."

"That's crazy," I told her.

"We'll see," Janice replied. "I have a family, of sorts."

"I know, you mentioned that, but as I recall you didn't seem to want to talk about it."

"Right," Janice said. "My Mom died when I was eight, and my Dad was stuck trying to raise me and my kid sister Dawn. She's a year younger than me."

"That's so sad," I said. "That must have been very tough on you all."

"It was, and my Dad did the best he could," Janice continued. "He got a promotion at work which meant more money for us, but he had to start traveling on some overnight business calls. I told him that I could take care of Dawn and myself while he was gone, and I could have."

Janice's hands were shaking and I took them into my own and held them tight.

"His brother had just gotten thrown out of the house by his wife, who was divorcing him. My father got an idea that he could live with us until he found a place to stay, and that would allow him to take care of us on those nights he would be away. He said that he thought I could take care of the house and Dawn okay, but if there was ever a fire or something when he was away he would never forgive himself."

"Makes sense," I said.

"I would have preferred a fire, Janice said. "I was almost 13 and Dawn had just turned 11, and we had just gotten our own separate rooms since we were getting older. The first night my Dad was out of town my Uncle Paul came into my room to visit.

"Oh God," I croaked.

"There is no God," Janice said. "If there was..."

"Look, you don't have to tell me any of this Janice," I said.

"Yes I do," Janice choked. "Too far to stop now. Uncle Paul came in to tuck me in, which was kinda weird because I was a little old for that, but whatever. Anyway, he's all complimentary and everything. He tells me what a beautiful young lady I'm becoming, and how well dev..., shit! I'm sorry."

Janice was crying and there was nothing I could do to help but hold her as she let it allout.

"It's alright Janice, it's alright honey," I kept saying to her, but the helpless feeling I had experienced once before in my life was back in full force.

After a few minutes, Janice regained a degree of control of herself, gathering the used tissues up in a ball and squeezing them tight.

"Where was I?" Janice sniffed. "Okay. Uncle Paul spent that first night in my room for a half hour or so before he left. I felt disgusted and ashamed of myself for letting him touch me like he did."

"It wasn't your fault honey."

"I know that now," Janice said. "The next time my father was away, I went to my room right after dinner and tried to jam a chair against my door knob to keep him out. Didn't work. After he forced the door open and came in, I told him that if he touched me again I was going to tell my father."

"Good for you!"

"He laughed at me," Janice said. "He said that his brother would never believe me, and that even if he did the police would probably throw me and my sister in reform school because my father let it happen. Maybe they would just throw me in the reformatory for being such an liar. Then it would be just Dawn here in the house when my father was away."

"Son of a bitch!" I said, and I couldn't decide whether I wanted to put my fist through a wall or throw up.

"I couldn't let him touch Dawn," Janice cried. "She was only about a year younger than me but she was such a baby compared to me. the thought of that guy touching her... , well I couldn't let it come to that."

"So you kept quiet," I said softly as tears rolled down my face and Janice nodded.

"The touching was only the beginning. It got worse. Much worse. Every week and sometimes twice a week. Within a year he had done everything in the world to me that you could ever imagine."

"How... how long did this go on?" I asked.

"Over three years," Janice said. "I went on eating binges to try and make myself so fat and disgusting that he wouldn't want me. I wouldn't bathe. Anything that I could think of to keep him away. In the end, I thought I had won. He stopped coming into my room. Then one night I went to the bathroom and heard noises coming from my sister's bedroom. Bad noises."

"Oh no."

"I went berserk," Janice said. "I charged into the room and punched him and kicked him as hard as I could. He threw me aside like a rag doll and dragged me into my room. He accused me of being jealous of my sister because he didn't want me anymore. He told me to tell my father when he got home and I would see what happened."

"Did you?"

"Yes, I did," Janice said. "My father went into Dawn's room and asked him what happened. She said nothing happened. She told my father she thought I was on drugs or something because I had been acting weird. He got into my Uncle Paul's face and asked him what happened and he went into a crying jag, telling him how much he loved us kids and would never do anything to us. By the end my father was practically apologizing to him."

I couldn't find a word to say so just stood there with my poor Janice in my arms.

"I ran away from home and have been living on my own ever since," Janice added. "It was never easy and it was scary a lot of the time, but I survived. What little I have and what little I've accomplished, I've done on my own. So when I say that I have no family, now you know why I say that. And when I say that I'm not a virgin but have never made love to a man before, maybe you understand."

"Yes,"

"Maybe after you hear that, you'll think that I'm looking for a father figure in you," Janice said. "Maybe you'd be right. I don't know. What I do know is that I've been watching you every since I moved in here. Watching the little things you do for others, even when they don't know you do it. You're a good man, and I've asked around about you. People around here think a great deal of you."

"You even rescue runaway cats," Janice said with a giggle, breaking the tension a little. "Most of all, when I looked into your eyes, I saw someone just like me. Someone who might have ended up with the short end of the stick, but kept on going no matter how much it hurt inside. Someone who had so much sadness in them that it showed in their face. Someone that had a lot of love in their heart and no one to give it to."

"How in the world could you believe that I would think any less of you for telling me all that?" I asked. "I think you have so much courage that words can't describe it."

"If you were the man that I thought you were, I knew what you would think," Janice said. "And I was right."

We sat on the couch just holding each other tightly and listening to each other breathing, before Janice finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry I ruined the evening."

"You didn't ruin it, Janice."

"Can I ask you two favors then?" Janice asked.

"Of course."

"One is that if you have any questions to ask about anything I've told you, please ask them now because I never want to speak about this ever again. Forget I ever said anything about it."

"Forget about what?" I asked. "What's number two?"

"Could I stay here with you tonight?" Janice said. "I don't mean anything by that. I just don't want to be alone."

"I know what you mean, and I have a nice pair of pajamas for you to wear."

I dug out an old pair of PJ's that Madeline had gotten for me as a joke just before she had gotten sick. Bright red in color with characters from The Simpsons all over them, I had stopped wearing them after Madeline had passed on, but at least Janice might get a kick out of them.

"Omigod!" Janice chirped when she saw them. "You like The Simpsons?"

"D'oh! Are you kidding?" I answered. "It's just about the only network show I watch these days."

"Incredible!" Janice said as she took the PJ's from me and went into the bathroom.

When she came out, she looked so cute my heart melted. We got into bed and after I turned out the light we embraced. Even though I felt the warm and wonderful curves, and delicious scent of a woman in my bed for the first time in so many years, this was not a night for thinking of that. It was a night of comforting and reassurance, and it was the most restful night of sleep I had enjoyed in a long, long time.

Chapter 8. Christmas Eve.

On the day before Christmas I was excited, and it had been many years since I felt the warmth and emotion that went with the holiday, and although I am not a religious man I was always fond of the season as it seemed to bring out the better side of people.

I had gotten Janice a diamond heart necklace after debating between that and a ring. I thought a ring might scare Janice off, and that was the last thing I wanted to happen, because the last month was so special for me. I actually was happy to be alive and looked forward to each day, especially when I would spend them with Janice.

I was also in the middle of trying to get Janice another present, one that would be very special and personal, but could also turn out to be disastrous as well. I was torn between just forgetting about it or going through with it, and it wasn't until the day before Christmas Eve that I talked to the people that would make it possible.

I didn't have high hopes before speaking to the people, but after I did I threw caution to the wind and set it up for Christmas Day at noon, when Janice would be at my house.

Janice had to work on Christmas Eve until 6, and so I picked her up after work and drove us back home, where we would be eating dinner. I told Janice many times that I could make a decent pizza, and so she decided that she would test my skills on Christmas Eve. Janice was making dinner at her place for Christmas, so this would give her a break.

The snow has just started to fall as we pulled into the apartment complex parking lot, and it added a nice holiday touch to the shrubs and trees that lined the front of our building.

"I want to change, so I'll be over in about a half hour Jimbo," Janice said, enjoying my cringing at her occassional nickname for me.

I got the pizza prepared and after I put it in the oven I went down the call and tapped on Janice's door.

"It's just about a half hour, so I thought I would pick you up and escort you over," I told Janice as she let me in. "Wow! You look beautiful!" I exclaimed.

Janice looked especially nice that evening, wearing a beautiful red sweater and black slacks, and the rosy glow of her cheeks made the whole room brighter.

"But I look beautiful everyday, don't I?" Janice said kiddingly, since I invariably said that just about everyday I saw her. "I'm ready."

"No you aren't," I said before going over and snatching Norman from his throne on the arm of the chair. Norman looked at me with a total lack of emotion, as always, and put up no resistance as I scooped him up and headed for the door.

"What are you doing with Norman?" Janice said as I walked through the doorway with my little buddy.

"Can't leave him here all alone on Christmas Eve," I told Janice as we went down the hall and to my apartment. "Door's unlocked," I said as Janice led the way.

"Smells yummy!" Janice said as she opened the door, and the pizza aroma did indeed blast us in the face as we went inside.

"Here you are Norman old pal," I said as I brought Norman over to the litter box I had prepared in the bathroom.

Norman gave the box a curious glance before walking into it, and then stepping back out to do some exploring. There was a bowl of water in the kitchen and some dry food right next to it.

"All the comforts of home," I said to Norman with bravado. Norman looked at me like he always did, with a condescending amusement, before wandering off down the hall. I had grown to love Norman and his cool demeanor, even though I had never had a cat of my own, being more of a dog guy.

"You didn't have to do all that," Janice said as she put her arms around my neck and kissed me.

"I love the dude," I said. "Besides, if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be here. And if you weren't here..."

"Don't get me crying," Janice said.

"The pizza!" I suddenly remembered, and ran to the oven.

Perfect timing, as it turned out. The crust had turned a golden brown, the cheese was bubbling, and the pepperoni had just begun to curl and crisp up. The whole pie glistened with greasy goodness, a testimony to the amount of cheese and other fatty things that I had piled on.

"Look at that!" Janice said as I set it on the burners. "It's a work of art."

"A woman that can appreciate the beauty of a pizza is alright in my book," I told Janice as I sliced it up. "Beer, wine or soda?"

Janice ducked her head in the refrigerator and pulled out a couple of Sam Adams' while looking to me for approval. I nodded enthusiastically and dinner was served.

The pizza was not bad, although I wasn't crazy about the way the crust had come out, and I noted that I probably had put on too much cheese.

"You say that something's wrong every time you make us dinner," Janice said. "You're a heckuva cook and this is awesome pizza. Good for breakfast too."

We would have some for breakfast, as it turned out, and after I wrapped up the last couple of slices I dug out the bottle of champagne that I had chilling in the back of the refrigerator and brought it out to the living room.

"Oh damn, I forgot!" I said as I looked at the bare coffee table.

I set the bottle and glasses down and went into the bedroom. Turning on the light, I saw that Norman had made himself comfortable right in the middle of the bed, and after he raised an eyelid to see who had woke him up, he went right back to sleep.

"Ta-da!" I exclaimed to Janice as I came back to the living room, holding the little foot tall Christmas tree proudly. "Charlie Brown revisited!"

I hit the switch and the little lights twinkled right on cue, much to the delight of the crowd, who applauded excitedly.

"I think it's adorable," Janice said. "We'll have to pile the presents around it."

"First the champagne!" I said as I pulled off the foil and twisted off the protective wire. "I'm never much good at this," I informed Janice as I struggled with the cork."

A man of my word, I wrestled for a time with the stubborn stopper before it let loose, ricocheting off the celing and bouncing away. Roaring into the living room at the sound of the bottle opening, Norman flew in and started chasing the cork around like a cat possessed, much to our amusement.

We watched Norman attack the cork as we sipped the champagne, and the entertainment lasted quite a while, until Norman collapsed on his side with his trusty cork between his front paws.

"I think he'll like the cork better than his present," I told Janice as I pulled his gift out from under the couch, a clumsily wrapped catnip mouse. "Tough to wrap a mouse," I said as I looked at the sorry package.

"He can open it later," Janice said. "I think he's in love by the looks of things."

With Norman quite happy with his bounty, I reached back under the couch and took out the rectangular package, which was professionally wrapped and lavishly adorned with ribbons and a bow.

"I didn't wrap this one," I confessed as I set it under the tree which sat in front of us on the table.

"I guess that means it's not a mouse," Janice said as she got up and went over to her coat, pulling out a package that was about the same size and similarly wrapped.

"Maybe we got each other the same thing at the same place," I mused as she set the package next to the other one and sat beside me.

"I don't think so," Janice said. "Mine is fatter than yours."

"You open first," I said.

"Why me?"

"My house, my rules," I announced.

"I hate to open it, because it's so nicely wrapped," Janice said as she delicately undid the ribbon.

As Janice opened the box, it looked like every commercial that you see around the holidays. A beautiful woman holds up a piece of jewelry, with her eyes glistening with emotion as the hoilday lights reflect off her skin. Those commercials are so hokey, but when it unfolds in front of you, it really is priceless.

"God," Janice croaked as she held the necklace up in front of her face. "It's beautiful."

I was getting choked up myself watching Janice's lower lip quiver and a tear trickle lazily down her cheek, so I offered to put it on.

"I want to look at it for a minute," Janice said. "I never had any real jewelry before in my life, nothing like this," Janice choked out before surrendering it to me.

I had the jeweler put on a clasp that was a little larger and easier to deal with, and I was glad I did because it was a chore for me as it was, although my trembling hands were not much help.

"There," I said as I centered the sparkling heart on Janice and admiring the view. "Here, take a look."

I pulled out the small hand held mirror I had stashed under the couch, and Janice chuckled at the little attention to detail that she always kidded me about, and watched as Janice looked at her reflection.

"I was going to get a gold pendant, or something that I could get engraved," I said, trying to remember the words I had wanted to use "I wanted to have 'I love you' engraved on it, because I wasn't sure if I would have the nerve to say it to you or not."

"You did though," Janice said as her face lit up even brighter and we both began to turn into quivering masses of jelly. "Here."

I took the package from Janice and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand before opening my gift.

"Glad Norman isn't awake to see me like this," I said while nodding toward Norm, who was snoozing with his cork held tight to his heart.

"I think he got a buzz off the cork," Janice said while she watched me open the present.

It was a watch, and a very expensive one at that, and my first reaction was to tell her she shouldn't be buying me lavish presents she could ill afford. One look in her eyes put that idea away completely.

"It's an incredible watch," I said as I admired it before slipping it on. "I positively love it. I guess that means I have to retire my other one."

My watch had been a running joke between us, as it was a sad looking cheap digital thing that I had gotten by subscribing to a sports magazine or something. That was back when I didn't care what time it was, or anything else for that matter.

"Yes, please send the little football guy to the bench," Janice said. "You didn't read the back."

I pulled the watch back off of my wrist, enjoying the comfortable way the band slid off so easily, and held it up to read.

To Jim, I love you. Janice.

"I can't believe you said it first," Janice said. "But at least I engraved it first."

"I've wanted to say it for quite a while, but I was afraid I would scare you off," I admitted.

"Me too," Janice said. "I've felt it almost from the first day we met. I love you. There, I said it too."

"I want to make love to you," I said, and couldn't believe that those words actually came out of my mouth.

Neither could Janice apparently, as she looked at me in shock. This in turn caused me to blush what I'm sure was a brilliant crimson judging my the way my skin tingled.

"You do?" Janice said, and I knew that she considered the way our romance had gone up until this point rather pedestrian, but that was me and I was too old to change.

"More than anything," I answered. "I've never made love with anyone that I wasn't in love with, and I'm kind of proud of that."

"You should be," Janice whispered as she kissed me on the cheek. "And I've never made love at all, and I've dreamed of this moment all my life."

Chapter 9. At last.

We left Norman alone with his cork and went down the hall to the bedroom, where I closed the door behind us and turned on the light to a dim setting. It still seemed too bright for me to be seen without clothes, but too dim for my viewing pleasure.

I pulled down the blanket, very happy that the apartment was quite warm. Janice was shaking however, even more than I was.

"Cold honey?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around her, breathing in the delicate scent of the perfume behind her ear as we held each other.

"No. Scared," Janice said haltingly and then continued. "Excited too."

"Me too," I said as I worked my socks off with my feet. "Having second thoughts?" I asked.

"Yes, and they're the same as my first thoughts," Janice said as she unbuttoned my shirt, and I was grateful that one of us had made the first move. "Mmmmm... nice," Janice said as she pulled the shirt off my shoulders and ran her fingers through the hair on my chest, and I shuddered when her palms slid over my nipples.

"My turn," I said as I reached down and took the bottom of her red sweater in my hands. Janice helped my efforts by raising her arms as I pulled off the garment and set it aside.

Janice was wearing a long line bra that was very modestly designed, yet no garment could minimize the fact that there were a pair of very large breasts being restrained inside. I slipped behind Janice and kissed her neck and shoulders while I undid the hooks, and Janice rolled her head slowly as I nibbled her creamy white skin.

When I blindly reached the final hook, the elastic ends sprang out of my grasp as her brassiere lurched forward, and I slowly slid the wide straps off of her shoulders, kissing the deep grooves left by the garment.

I came around to face Janice, and my eyes were drawn to the spectacular sight of Janice's magnificent breasts which I was experiencing for the first time. While I had touched Janice through her clothing before, and was obviously aware that she was a busty woman, I was still stunned at exactly how well endowed she was.

"Moo," Janice said in a droll voice as she saw me staring at her with my mouth wide open.

"You're absolutely breathtaking!" I said as I drew her Janice close to me, and feeling those astounding breasts against my bare skin sent shivers down my spine.

"Oooooh," Janice said as her eyes opened just before our lips met. "I thought you were just being nice, but..."

As Janice spoke her hand slipped down to the front of my slacks, her hand grasped my erection, which I had apparently been stabbing her with during our embrace. I gasped as her hand squeezed me, and the choking sound that came out of my throat made Janice smile.

"I guess you do like what you see," Janice said, as her hand came off the bulge and began undoing my belt.

I felt the buckle give way, and the clasp on my trousers followed right afterward, with my slacks falling to the floor quickly. Janice knelt down and I put my hand on her shoulder as I stepped out of the pants with Janice's assistance.

Looking down, I watched Janice looking at my boxer shorts and the brazen way my erection was straining the fabric. Her hand came up and she slid her palm along the bulge, and my knees shook as I fought the urge that was building inside of me. When I trembled Janice looked up at me with those big doe-like eyes and smiled as her pudgy fingers took the top of my boxers and undid the snap.

Like opening a present Janice's eyes were glued to what she was unveiling and I felt a flush of embarrassment at how aroused I was when she had to work the shorts around my erection. When Janice finally managed to free me, I heard her gasp as my erection sprung out of captivity.

It had been a long time since I had an erection like the one I was sporting now, I thought to myself as I looked down at my swollen member. With nothing to be excited about I had forgotten what it even looked like, and I enjoyed Janice's facial expressions as her right hand came up and grabbed it around the base, slowly running her fist up the shaft until reaching the ridge of the mushroom shaped head before sliding back down.

I groaned as Janice's left hand came up and joined the right at the base of the shaft, and Janice leaned forward and flicked at the crown with her tongue before swirling around itwith agonizing slowness.

"Please... can't..." I grunted as I felt an orgasm on the horizon, one that I was powerless to stop or control.

I reached down and helped Janice to her feet, tugging her slacks down quickly.

"I wasn't finished," Janice said with a nervous giggle.

"I almost was if you didn't stop, honey" I said while Janice kicked off her pants.

"That would have been okay with me," Janice whispered in my ear. "We've got all night."

The fact was that while we did indeed have the whole night, I had no idea if I would be up to encore performances. Back when we were newlyweds, Madeline and I had some marathons that I still can't believe happened, but that was long ago, and it involved a much younger man. I wouldn't want to fail Janice tonight and have her think that it was because she didn't excite me enough, because that was as far from the truth as possible.

I kissed Janice's neck and continued kissing down into her cavernous cleavage, cupping her massive breasts and nibbling my way over to taste her thick crimson nipple. The pebbled texture felt wonderful against my lips, and my tongue traced the sizable aureola before devoting equal attention to the left. After not nearly enough attention had been given to Janice's by now rapidly heaving bosom, I knelt down and took her panties in hand.

Janice was plump but solid, and my tongue danced around her cute indented navel as I tugged the full cut white panties down. There was a very fine streak of hair starting just below her navel that let to the dense black triangle of hair that came into view as the panties came off.

I inhaled deeply as I leaned my face into the lush forest, finding the hair uncommonly soft to my cheeks. The musky smell of a woman aroused brought back wonderful memories, and was as exciting as it ever was. I kissed Janice down there and found her wet and ready, but wanted this to last, so I eased Janice down to the bed.

Janice's thighs parted as she lay back on the bed and I knelt on the floor and put my head between her legs. My tongue slid through the dense bush effortlessly, orally caressing the outer boundaries of her womanhood before darting my tongue inside.

Janice's body squirmed as my tongue found her clitoris, and the moans that followed as I continued left no doubt as to how Janice felt about it. Her hands reached down and grabbed fistfuls of my thinning hair, trying to implore me to go faster and harder, but I resisted the urge and instead continued my circular assualt on the little bud.

Janice thrashed around on the bed, working her way across the surface while I followed her, relentlessly licking and carresssing while climbing onto the bed.

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!" Janice practically screamed, and for a second I thought of what the couple next door thought of these sounds coming out of my apartment after years of nothing but an occassional snore.

I buried my face into Janice and began licking harder and faster, and even though my arms were wrapped around her thighs from underneath and held her down, she was bucking and thrashing so savagely that she was heading off the other side of the bed if I didn't hold her with all my might.

"GOD!!!" Janice howled, and she became even wetter than she had been, as she bucked and howled, scratching and clawing at both me and the bedding like an animal.

I raised my head from between her thighs, which were actually trembling from the aftershock of one of the most incredible orgasms I had ever been a part of, and all I could see were Janice's breasts, as her head was hanging off the bed.

I got off Janice and grabbed her arms to pull her upright. Her face was beet red and drenched with sweat, and her eyes were bugging out of her skull as she got up to a sitting position.

"Oh god god god!" Janice babbled as she embraced me and squeezed with all of her might. "Wha...?"

I kissed her damp forehead and eased her back down on the bed in a more natural position, climbing between her legs and running my cock up and down the dripping opening before slipping the head inside of Janice.

Janice's mouth was open as I penerated her, and she was incredibly tight, so I pulled back out after going in a couple of inches and kept slipping the crown in and out of her until she became used to my size. The feel of her pussy as the head of my cock kept re-entering her was so nice that I continued doing it.

"...love you," Janice gasped as she reached up and grabbed my biceps and raised her head off the bedding. "Don't believe this..." Janice choked out as her reddened face looked tortured, with her neck muscles bulging out while her pussy clamped onto me.

As Janice let out a guttural moan, I slid myself into her all the way, fighting the urge to orgasm as my cock penerated into her all the way. Not only was the feeling sensational, but the sights and sounds were incredibly arousing.

I thought that maybe I should quit then and there, as I looked down at Janice. Her hands had slid a little bit down my arms, but the imprint of her fingers was clearly evident and would be for several days, I surmised. Her eyes were glazed as she stared at the ceiling and her mouth was moving but no sounds were coming out. How much better could I make it, having gotten two spectacular orgasms out of her in so little time?

Janice was still very much alive, and as I pulled myself out of her I felt her wrap her legs around my butt and pull me back in.

"Oooh...oooh," Janice said as we began a gentle rhythm together. "So nice."

It was very nice indeed and after the initial urge to orgasm passed, I was able to enjoy myself fully. Janice was an incredibly warm and passionate lover, and very vocal about expressing what she was feeling. Those sights and sounds I found very exciting and inspirational.

After a time I managed to slide us over so that I was on my side, which allowed me the pleasure of penerating Janice from a different angle, and also freed up a hand to allow me to play with her breasts. I had never experienced breasts this size before, and I confess to being enthralled by both the size and their surprising firmness.

Maybe Janice sensed I was running out steam or something, even though I hadn't, not yet anyway. Anyway, she swung herself around and before I knew what had happened, Janice was straddling me and putting my cock inside of her. This was not good.

"Mmmm... what's wrong babe," Janice said as she saw me avert my eyes from her as she slowly rode my cock.

"Nothing..." I grunted, not daring to look at her again.

"Why are you looking at the headboard?"

"Can't look at you," I said. "I'll lose it."

It was true. When Janice had first mounted me, and I saw those incredible breasts swaying in front of her and that cute face contorting as my cock went inside of her, I nearly lost it at first glance of that erotic sight.

"I want you to lose it," Janice said. "You like me up here?"

"Yes. Feels so good... you look amazing."

Janice took my hands and put them on her breasts, clamping them tight to her with her own.

"Look at me babe, I want you to cum. I want to watch you when you do," Janice said as she began to thrust herself into me with more force, yet with the same methodical slowness. "Look at me love."

My eyes went up and met hers, and in a matter of seconds I actually felt my toes tingle and my whole body jump like I had gotten a electric shock. I cried out as I exploded inside of Janice, and she cried out with me as my cock spasmed and jumped with the force of my orgasm. An orgasm that seemed to not have an ending, as the sensation continued long after my ejaculation was done.

I was dazed as I looked up and Janice, who was smiling from ear to ear as sweat streamed down her face. She slowly rolled us over in an attempt to keep us joined, and actually succeeded for a while as we help each other on our sides.

"I loved watching you. I want you to stay inside of me all night," Janice said. "That was so much better than even my wildest dreams."

I was tempted to tell her that it wasn't always like that. That there were times when everything would not be so magical, or might not even happen at all given my advancing years. I didn't say that, preferring to let her enjoy this divine afterglow, because she deserved it. Come to think of it, so did I.

My cock had managed to stay in the warmth of Janice for a while, but had begun to deflate to the point that it could not hold its position in there. Janice could feel it slide out of her, but made a face when it finally emerged.

"Ooooh, that felt nice too, but not as nice as it did going in," Janice said as she reached down and grabbed my limp dick, pulling and stretching it with a smile.

"I love this guy," Janice said. "I didn't know they made them this big, but once I got used to him it was really nice."

"I hope you aren't trying to bring it back to life," I cautioned Janice. "Old farts can't..."

"Dear????" Janice said, reminding me that I was not supposed to refer to myself as old. Although I had not felt old all night, I was feeling it a little now.

"Sorry."

"Apology accepted," Janice said as she rolled over and layed on her back with a contented look on her face.

I looked at Janice, who was radiant as she lay there, a picture of contentment. With her hand behind her neck I noticed for the first time a slight wisp of hair under her arm. When I reached over and ran my fingers through the tiny patch of fur, Janice gasped and lowered her arm.

"Ooops," Janice said as she flushed with embarrassment. "I wasn't really expecting to be seen like this, obviously."

"There's nothing to apologize for," I told Janice in reassurance. "Remember, I'm a child of the 60's. I grew up with women who were traveling to the beat of a much different drum than women today."

"Matter of fact," I continued, "the first time I met Madeline she was wearing a tan tank top. She was braless, and the first thing I noticed was that she had more hair under her arms than I did."

"Obviously disgusted you," Janice said with a smile. "Where was your first date?"

"Obviously," I agreed. "We were there to see Quicksilver Messenger Service in Boulder, Colorado."

"What's that? Messenger Service?" Janice asked.

"A rock group," I said. "Quicksilver Messenger Service. We happened to be sitting next to each other at the concert and I had a full wineskin. We started talking and the next thing I knew I was married."

"You always liquor up your women before taking advantage of them?" Janice said as she put the hand back behind her head.

"Just the ones I love," I assured her as I resumed toying with the fur under her arm.

"Maybe I'll let it grow then," Janice mused. "Doesn't much matter to me. I don't know about your Messenger Service though. Are they still around? They aren't rap or anything like that are they?"

"Heavens no! They might be alive but I don't think they are still a group," I said. "As for you, I think you should do what even you feel comfortable with. It all works for me. I still can't get over how beautiful you are."

I leaned over a planted little kisses up and down the inside of her arm, and Janice wiggled a little in response.

"You say and do the nicest things. Mmmm... everything you do to me feels so wonderful," Janice said. "I want to do a little playing myself though."

Janice crawled down and took my flaccid cock in her hand, sliding her tongue over the thick vein that ran the length of the shaft, before working over the tip of the crown.

"I think that I'm going to have this guy very interested in resuming our activites before too long," Janice said as my cock stirred a bit in response. "I'll bet you'll be hard a rock with five minutes."

"Don't think so, but I'll enjoy having you try." I said as I reclined and watched Janice begin her efforts.

As it turned out, we were both right. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Janice try to raise the dead. Much to my delight, Janice was correct about her resuscitation abilities. And while I was too busy squirming and writhing to be watching the clock to check on the time, it really didn't matter, because we had all night.

Chapter 10. Christmas morning.

I awoke early Christmas morning with something hairy and warm in my face. Norman, who had torn himself away from his cork at some point during the night, had joined us and was now between us, staing at me through squinting eyes, his purring motor giving out a soothing sound.

Trying not to wake Janice, I eased out of bed and waddled to the bathroom. My back and thighs ached, and my knees and shoulders were sore. I never felt better in my life.

It was 7:45, I noted after relieving myself, and I made a pot of coffee and toddled back into the bedroom. I had considered turning on the television as the coffee perked but decided against it.

Instead I sat in the chair beside the bed and looked at Janice sleeping. The covers had worked their way off of her, even though I had been careful about not disturbing them when I left.

I started to get up and cover Janice up, but instead I found myself taking in the beauty of my lovely lady. My eyes devoured the magnificent spectacle of her voluptuous form, bared from the knees up for my viewing pleasure.

Almost without realizing it, my hand had strayed to my cock and was idly stroking myself as I gazed at those breasts that I had worshipped last night, the soft thighs that I had caressed and parted, and the heartbreakingly beautiful cherubic face that I had held in my hands.

From behind Janice, Norman emerged and looked over at me and seemed to shake his head in dismay before slowly walking off the bed and out into the hall. Even Norman was disgusted, or so it seemed.

What a pervert I was becoming, I thought as I leered at that furry grotto between those creamy white thighs. What would she think of a lecherous old man was staring at her helpless naked form while she slept.

"You're up early, I see," Janice said, her voice shaking me out of the trance I was in.

"Oh!" I grunted as the voice startled me, and my embarrassment was obvious as our eyes met. "Uh... how long have you been awake?" I asked.

"At the first gurgle of the coffee pot," Janice smirked. "Coffee is my alarm clock. I see that it must get you up as well," Janice said while nodding at the erection I held in my hands.

"It wasn't caffeine that was responsible for that my dear," I said. "What you must think of me!"

"Disgusting!" Janice sat as as rolled on her side to face me. "To think that the man I love with all my heart was sitting there with his trusty weapon in hand pleasuring himself while I was laying here naked."

"At least I didn't take the covers off you," I offered in a lame defense.

"I know you didn't, I did," Janice explained. "I was going to come out and join you in the kitchen but when I heard you coming back I decided to see what you would do when you returned."

"And here I sit like a pervert."

"What nicer compliment could you give me?" Janice said. "It's not like you were leering in from outside. You were by our bedside."

Our bedside, Janice had said, and the way the phrase rolled off her tongue was so nice that I savored the sound.

"Stand up honey," Janice instructed me, and I obliged. Although my erection was bobbing and swaying wildly in front of me I was not nearly as self-conscious as I has expected to be.

"You have such a nice body," Janice said as I watched her hand slide down between her legs and her fingers disappear into the dense bush.

"Lucky I didn't see your... what should I call it?" Janice asked. "Penis? Cock? Dick? Weenie?"

"Anything but weinie," I respectfully requested. "Same for pee-pee."

"Cock!" Janice said in selecting. "That has a manly sound. Lucky I didn't see your cock in the light of day or else I might have gone off running in fear. Can't believe how big it is, It's so beautiful looking, with the veins throbbing along the shaft, and that big puffy crown so red, and the way the tip is moist and dripping."

My hand had gone back to stroking while Janice spoke so glowingly of me and her fingers kept probing, while my other hand reached down and began kneading my balls.

"I can't believe you put that huge thing inside me three times last night," Janice said as she lifted her thigh, affording me an even better view of what she was up to.

"Well, maybe we can do better today," I suggested. "Since we seem to be getting a much earlier start."

"Let's see what we can do with a full day," Janice said as she slid over to allow me to slide in to bed and enjoy the pleasure of her company once again.

Chapter 11. Christmas Day.

After our lovemaking started our day in such a magnificent manner, I hopped into the shower to let the warm spray ease my aching bones. Janice joined me shortly after I got in, wanting to conserve water, or so she claimed.

"Besides, who knows what you'll end up doing to yourself if I leave you alone for too long," Janice chided me as we scrubbed each other.

"I don't see how that saved any water," I remarked as we emerged later from the shower after exhausting the supply of hot water. "It was fun though."

"I liked it," Janice said. "Just as well that we got out when we did, because your cock was starting to get hard again."

"Well geez, you were kind of selective with your scrubbing," I protested with a grin, having throughly enjoyed Janice lathering my genitals for almost the entire time.

"If you hadn't been so intent on making sure I had the cleanest boobs in town, maybe I would have thought clearer while I was cleaning you," Janice said as she reached over and playfully squeezed my member. "How dirty can boobs get anyway?"

"That reminds me," I said as I grabbed a fresh bar of soap and set it inside the shower. "If I'm going to do a proper job the next time I'm going to need more soap. A lot more."

We dried each other off, which was as fun as you might imagine, and Janice threw on yesterday's clothes before running home to put on fresh things.

"Please come back around 11:30," I asked Janice before she left.

"If I had known I was going to spend the night I would have brought extra clothes," Janice said. "I have to get dinner started, you know. Aren't you coming down? I have another bed we can defile."

"I know, but I need you to come back for a little while, then we can go back to your place," I said, hoping that Janice would still want to speak to me after what was going to happen. I was beginning to regret what I had planned, and was afraid that it would ruin a beautiful day. What had seemed like a great idea was giving me cause for concern now, and I was praying that I had done the right thing as Janice kissed me and went down the hall to her place.

Chapter 12. The phone call.

Janice got back to my place before noon and I explained to her what I had done without her knowledge, and gave her a brief synopsis of what I knew. The entire range of emotions played across the face of my beloved as I told her what I had done, from anger to acceptance.

"When he calls, do you want me to answer the phone?" I asked. "If I don't, he'll never call again and that will be fine with me."

Janice looked at me with quiet resolve and with lips drawn tight she nodded affirmatively.

So when the phone rang at precisely 12 noon, I went over and picked it up. After a brief greeting I brought the phone down and held it next to my chest while looking for Janice. Janice was walking toward me and held out her trembling hand.

"It's for you honey," I said as I handed her the phone and kissed her softly on the forehead before retreating toward the door. Just before I walked outside into the hallway, I looked back at Janice who was slowly bringing the phone to her face.

"Daddy?" Janice said in a shaky voice as I clicked the door shut behind me.

What I had done, I explained to Janice before the phone rang, was to try to get in touch with her father and sister. After she had told me that heart-wrenching story of abuse at the hands of her uncle, it tore at me so much that I had to do something. My initial idea was to call this SOB father of hers up and tell him what a dirtbag I thought he was for not believing his daughter. As it turned out, there was a lot more to the story than I been told about, or that Janice knew about for that matter.

Getting in touch with her father was a challenge in itself. I eventually had to hire a private investigator, who discovered that my Janice had legally changed her name when she turned 18, so determined was she to rid herself of any baggage of the life she had led.

The investigator had finally found out where the family was from, which was nearly halfway across the country, and what he learned was quite revealing. It cost me a small fortune to get the information, but it seemed like a good investment when the truth came out.

I introduced myself to Janice's father as a friend of hers who was inquiring about his and her sister's whereabouts and well being. Once I convinced the man that I was on the level, he broke down so badly that I had to listen to the man sob uncontrollably for minutes, only stopping to ask if Janice was okay before losing it again.

According to her father, after Janice had run away from home, he had desperately tried to find her, doing the posters bit and everything humanly possible. It wasn't that he didn't believe Janice, as he told me when we spoke, it was that the way his brother had been so adamant about what Janice had claimed happened, and the way her sister Dawn had denied everything and accused Janice of doing drugs, that he was very confused and didn't know who to believe.

It was months later, when Janice's sister Dawn finally summounded the courage to tell her father the truth, when everything hit the fan. One day when he came home early, his brother and Dawn were acting very strangely. He went into Dawn's room, where the little girl went to pieces and told her father the truth. Everything that Janice had told him was true. His brother had been molesting them ever since he moved in with them.

Why did Dawn lie initially? The uncle had told Dawn that if she ever told anybody what they had been doing, he would make her father die just like her mother did, and she would have to go to a reform school. If she knew what was good for her, she had better tell her father the lies he fed her about Janice.

When Dawn realized that her sister was gone forever and the abuse continued, she finally told the truth. As Dawn was spilling her guts to her father up her bedroom, they were interrupted by a tortured scream followed shortly by a explosive sound that was like a cannon going off.

When her father went down to the garage, he saw that his brother had stuck a gun in his mouth and blown his brains out. One more stinking mess as a legacy to the sorry life he had led, and the lives he had seemingly destroyed.

"He saved me the trouble of doing it to him myself," Janice's father Ed explained to me when we spoke.

His only brother a confirmed sexual predator and now dead by his own hand, and his eldest daughter gone who-knows-where, Ed suffered a breakdown of sorts. Fueled by guilt and remorse, he fell to pieces with the help of alcohol. Janice's daughter Dawn had all sorts of problems of her own, and it was only recently that they had started to straighten themselves out.

After hearing all of that, and listening to the voice of a man who was obviously in a world of pain, I offered to find out whether Janice would want to speak to him again. His emotional response left no doubt as to his answer, and I said I would do so only under the strictest conditions.

I gave him my cell phone number and told him to call at noon Christmas Day. If Janice was willing to talk to him, she would be there. If not, there was nothing else to be done. I gave him no indication as to where Janice was living either, and made it perfectly clear that I was not going to allow her to be borthered or to come in harm's way now, or ever again. He agreed unconditionally.

I walked down the hall to Janice's apartment, which was fortunately unlocked. Norman greeted me with a yawn and sat next to me on the couch while I sat and waited. And waited.

Finally a half hour later, Janice opened the door. Her face was crimson, her eyes were beet red and she had the most dazzling smile on her face. She never looked more beautiful.

"Everything okay?" I asked as I rose to meet her half way.

Janice nodded and hugged me close to her as she started crying. This got me all choked up as well, and it seemed that we spent a great deal of time together crying, or playing or laughing.

"I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing or not," I managed to get out. "It's just that I couldn't stand the thought of not trying. It's so horrible to lose someone that you love, and I thought I could hear it in your voice, and then I heard in in your father's... the pain I used to feel all the time."

"Thank you Jim my love," Janice said softly. "This is the best Christmas I've ever had."

Was everything all back to normal, and all right with their family and happily ever after. Of course not. They were all scarred by what had happened, and the scars would not go away over night. Janice being able to talk with her father and her sister again was at least the first step in the healing process.

Chapter 13. Fourth of July weekend.

The winter and spring flew by, and to my delight Janice and I grew closer everyday. We were best friends, and so in tune we often knew what the other was going to say before opening our mouths. By night we were wild and passionate lovers, with a lust for each other that seemed insatiable at times. Age was just a number, and I had left behind any doubts or uncertainity as to whether what we were doing was right or not.

On the Fourth of July, we were planning to go down to the riverside to watch the fireworks display. Janice was ready when I went down to pick her up that afternoon, and when I went into her apartment I could sense that something was up.

The look on Janice's face was one I had never seen. I couldn't tell whether it was horror or joy, but she looked like she was ready to burst when she asked me to sit down for a talk. I certainly hoped that I was not going to be dumped, because I had made big plans for Janice's birthday later in the month.

I looked at the excited expression on Janice's face as she wiggled around in the chair and started wiggling around the same way to make fun of her.

"Think you're funny?" Janice said as she watched my poor impersonation of her. "Maybe you won't be laughing when I get done talking."

"Well, let's have it," I said, thinking that she must have gotten that department manager position she had been hoping for at the store.

"I'm pregnant."

I must have been quite a sight with my jaw dropping down to the floor, as I stared at Janice who was looking at me to see my reaction.

"Pregnant? How?" I asked lamely.

"Do you really need an explanation of how all that works?" Janice asked.

"But I can't... we couldn't," I stuttered in confusion.

"We can and we did," Janice said. "I don't know why you and Madeline weren't able to before, but right now we are most definitely pregnant."

"Are you going to keep the baby?" I asked, not knowing what else to say. I had been under the impression that I had a low sperm count, which was the reason Madeline and I could not conceive.

"Absolutely!" Janice said. "With or without you."

"My God, when the baby is 18..."

"You'll be 75," Janice said finishing my math. "75 today is nothing. You'll probably end up being a grandpa as well."

"What if I don't live that long?" I said.

"Then I'll spend the rest of my life telling him what a wonderful father he had. I'll tell him that his father had waited over thirty years for him to be born. I'll tell him that he's carrying on the name of a man who was as special as he is."

"Can we go to my place?" I asked Janice, and took her by the hand.

When we got to my apartment, I had Janice sit down while I went into my bedroom dresser for Janice's birthday present before returning to her.

"I know I'm old fashioned," I said. "This is definitely showing my age."

I knelt in front of Janice on my right knee, a knee that would have creaked and groaned from such an effort a year ago. Before I had been given another chance at life.

"I believe that every child deserves a father, and not just in the biological sense," I said as I opened the little box that was cupped in my hand, and took out the sparkling engagement ring that was making its appearance a couple weeks early.

"Oh God," Janice gasped as she saw what was in my hand.

"I was going to ask this question on your birthday, but it seems more fitting right now," I said. "Will..."

"Yes!" Janice chirped.

"Can I finish?"

"Go right ahead, but I'm still gonna say yes!"

"Will you marry me?"

She said yes again and again as we rolled around on the rug laughing like idiots.

"Wait!" I said. "Did you say him?"

"He's a him!" Janice said happily. "That's the word I got from the doc. Could be a New Years Day baby too."

"Did the doc say anything about not...

Janice felt something poking her and tugged her shorts off before I could finish my sentence.

"No, he said hump away," Janice exclaimed. "Why wait till nightime for fireworks anyway?"

Chapter 14. The wedding.

Janice and I got married at the end of August in the courtyard of our apartment complex. It was a very small affair, with a few of our friends invited, as well as Janice's father Ed and her sister Dawn who made the trip out for the occassion.

Although I had talked to Ed on several occasions, this was our first meeting, and it was a trifle awkward in the beginning. He was giving the bride away, and it was surreal to say the least.

"Gee, what do I call you?" I asked Ed, who was about five years my junior. "Dad?"

"I can live with it," Ed said. "It's an honor to be called that, you know. I just hope you do better at it than I did. I can't believe how happy she is, and I guess you're the reason for that... son."

"What's past is past," I said with a chuckle. "I think that what you created in Janice is a great accomplishment, and I'll love her with all my heart.

Janice's sister Dawn was her matron of honor. Dawn was a lovely girl who looked so relieved when Janice had asked her to fill that role, as a gesture of forgiveness and love. Still, the pain within Dawn had not yet faded, and I hoped with all my heart that she would find the peace and happiness that her sister had.

My best man was by my side during the vows. Dressed in black with a white collar and tail, Norman remained cool and composed during the ceremony, not even needing the leash we had tethered him to, and on his best behavior because of the promise of champagne corks afterward.

As to what people may have thought about our little friend taking part in the affair, we cared not a bit. It was all because of Norman that we were gathered there together, and we wouldn't have have had it any other way.

Epilogue.

As I sit by our bedside in our new home, watching Janice's belly rise and fall as she sleeps, I can't help but think of what a crazy and wonderful year it's been. To be living the life I had been just a year before, with no hope in my heart, and to now be experiencing the joy of being Janice's husband and father of our child, was such a drastic change that it defies description.

If this could happen to me, it could happen to anybody. You just have to keep going, because you never know what's around the corner. Maybe it's nothing, and then again it could be a cat being chased by its owner and things happen that change your life.

I don't know about fate, or angels watching down on us as we live our lives, since I was always more the pragmatic type. Still, a little part of me can't help thinking about what sent Norman out Janice's door that evening. A cat who had never before or since shown the slightest interest in ever leaving his cozy home.

I think of Madeline, and sometimes I think that perhaps she was looking down on me. Maybe she said that enough was enough. Maybe she said that six years of mourning and suffering is plenty for you Jim, and maybe she set the wheels in motion that brought me to the place and time where I am blessed to find myself.

After all, as I marvel at the miracle of creation waiting patiently inside Janice for his moment to arrive, anything is possible.

Thanks to all who took the time to read "Norman the Cat". Your comments are welcomed.

This story is dedicated to those who know the pain that this story was about, and who have shown the remarkable courage that it takes to overcome it all.

TakeMeDown, tcs1963 and Morbebanur like this.
  2. Morbebanur

Morbebanur Well-Known Member

What a lovely story. Had me crying by the end.

3. tcs1963

tcs1963 Well-Known Member

This was an incredible read, an you are an amazing writer. I couldn't stop reading this because I had to know what happened and how it ended. I loved the characters and found them very real. You made a remarkable story and should be more than proud. I would pay to read this kind of writing. Thank you so much.

davidwatts likes this.
  4. Chuckles the Clown

Chuckles the Clown Well-Known Member

This is absolutely one of the most romantic things I've ever read. The way your characters handled the May-December thing, Janice's family history, Jim's grief over his first wife, all were totally believable. All the characters were three-dimensional, I could see them as if they were in the room with me, even the perv uncle and the cat. Like Morbebanur, when I read about Norman as the best man it brought a tear to my eyes. Your story was well written, easy to read, and if there were any errors, I was to wrapped up in the story to notice them. I'm gonna be following you, and hope to see more of your stuff soon!

davidwatts likes this.
  5. TakeMeDown

TakeMeDown Well-Known Member CAW Finalist KAW Winner CAW SS Winner

Really sweet, well written story.

davidwatts and tcs1963 like this.