CAW 36 Time to Write

Discussion in 'Calling All Writers - CAW 36' started by CAW SOP, Oct 26, 2018.

1. CAW SOP

CAW SOP Live. Love. Write.

ATTENTION:

Red Alert!

Calling All Writers!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to inform you that there is major catastrophe looming, and your help is desperately needed…

Santa Claus is missing!

[​IMG]
    Photo courtesy of Mrs Claus. Taken in December of 2017

This is a situation that threatens to ruin Christmas 2018. Millions could be affected if he is not found, and the joy of countless children hangs in the balance. The threat level has been raised to SCROOGE for the first time since that foggy Christmas Eve when Rudolph was brought into service. This is not a drill people! Answers must be had!

Please leave no stone unturned, and no chimney unchecked. Search in every Holly bush, and under every Mistletoe. Question all the elves, and comb through every clue. Our beloved holiday icon MUST be found!

Please report your findings by December 8th by twenty-three hundred hours. CST (That is 11:00 pm for you civilians.)

[​IMG]

Get out there and start finding answers. No lead is too small, and no theory is too strange. Your help is desperately needed.

[​IMG]

N.P.H.S.D.
    (North Pole Holiday Security Division)
    25 Candy Cane Lane
    Santa Claus Village, North Pole 99705

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    fantasysflirt likes this.
  2. CAW SOP

Hello Dear writers. :)

Your theme is to write a story about what happened to Santa. Where is he? Did he get tired of being the jolly old elf and quit, or is he taking a break from the cold, harsh wasteland of the North Pole on a tropical beach? Or perhaps it is something far more nefarious than that. :eek:

Give the readers your idea. It can be fun and silly, or dark and full of intrigue. It doesn’t have to be modern day, or even Santa Claus as we presently know him. It doesn’t even have to be here on Earth. The decisions are all up to you, but certain rules must be followed.

All site rules must be obeyed. Things here at WRIST are pretty relaxed, but if you have any question, you may want to double check with @ahorsewithnoname first.

This will be an anonymous competition. Do not let anyone in on what story you have written, or are working on. Your submissions will be sent to this account, and posted with no mention of the author who created it. There will be a reveal after the voting is complete. You may choose someone to act as proofreader. If you do so, please ask that they also keep your anonymity.

CAW SOP will begin taking your entries on December 1st. The deadline will be December 8th at 11:00 pm CST. (Don’t let this worry you too much. I plan on posting stories on Sun. the 9th. As long as I get yours before the rest are up, I will accept it. Probably even after that.) :p

The deadline is firm.There will not be an extension for writing. I plan to have the reading and voting concluded before Christmas, but if there are a lot of entries, (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!) there might be more time tacked on for that.

You may only write one story as a single author. You may however write as many more as you would like with a partner. As long as it is a different partner for each entry. :D

You must have fun. This is a rule for CAW 36! This is supposed to be a fun holiday theme for everyone’s enjoyment. The story can be dark, but you will be required to make merry!

Any questions you may have can be addressed here on this thread, or messaged to the CAW SOP account. The next few weeks will be busy for me, but I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

That is pretty much it. Get out there and find Santa! :):D

3. Lo Ro

Lo Ro Well-Known Member

Good ole Saint Nick huh.....I'm not saying ill enter but i'll see if I can come up with something possibly lol

Little Miss K likes this.
  4. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM Tom's Blonde Soulmate

christ-im-getting-all-emotional-from-it.jpg

Is this Santa? WTF happened to you????

Neat choice, LMK!

Little Miss K and Lo Ro like this.
  5. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member

6. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. Now all I need to do is find out where that fat guy is hiding.

7. CAW SOP

images(2).png

I hope that everyone is out looking. I would hate it if he wasn't found in time.

8. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Well, I found him, but you ain't never 'getten him back! HAHAHA! :imp::smilingimp:

Lo Ro likes this.
  9. _Sybil_

_Sybil_ Active Member

Any chance I could rework an old story?

Its never been posted on here.

Lo Ro likes this.
  10. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

Hot Post
    I have a story though not sure I should enter. Sat down tonight and wrote 15k to start. Thing is so many seem mad at me not sure it would be safe to enter. I used to love to enter now, *sigh*

11. CAW SOP

ATTENTION:

There has been an unconfirmed sighting outside of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.

A local tourist snapped this grainy photo while visiting a local water park. Our experts are going over the image to try and verify it's authenticity.

images(7).jpg

Could this be where our beloved Santa has been hidden? If so, more information is needed!

N.P.H.S.D.
    (North Pole Holiday Security Division)
    25 Candy Cane Lane
    Santa Claus Village, North
    Pole 99705​

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    bistander, Uncle B and Lo Ro like this.
  12. TertiusHuman

TertiusHuman Well-Known Member

Santa is missing and I might actually have a few days off . . . hmmmm

13. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

Santa.jpg

Has anyone thought to look here?

Little Miss K, Pars001 and bistander like this.
  14. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

santa2.jpg

Here's a possibility!

15. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

santa3.jpg

Those fricken reindeer! Always kidding around!

16. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

[​IMG] UH OH! I think Santa's on the prowl [​IMG]

Little Miss K likes this.
  17. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

santa1.jpg

Maybe he's stuck in someone's chimney?

Pars001 and Little Miss K like this.
  18. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

santa5.jpg

Well, that's no way to treat Santa!

Lo Ro, Pars001 and Little Miss K like this.
  19. A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM

santa4.jpg

The little snitch!

Pars001 and Little Miss K like this.
  20. CAW SOP

I see that some of you are looking for him!

I sure hope that more of you are doing your part with the search.

images(7).jpg

A_GIRL_NAMED_SAM likes this.