CAW 33 - Results

Discussion in 'Calling All Writers - CAW 33' started by CAW SOP, Mar 25, 2018.

1. CAW SOP

CAW SOP Live. Love. Write. Staff Member

Well here it is ladies and gentlemen. With 9 entries, and 1 non-entry, I don't think it was a bad turn out. It could have been better though. I hope you all enjoyed it. I know that I did.

The reading list along with who was responsible for each was as follows.

CAW 33 - Best Wife Ever by ahorsewithnoname

CAW 33 - Times Like These by Pars001

CAW 33 - Snowed In by HCB0414

CAW 33 - The Senator and The Avenger by Jeymar

CAW 33 - Let It Snow by bistander

CAW 33- Second Chances by Little Miss K & ahorsewithnoname

CAW 33- Revenge Of The Strong by Pars001

CAW 33- Second Chances by ahorsewithnoname & Little Miss K

CAW33 - A Beginning by 1 Toy Maker

CAW 33 - Kevin Takes A Shot (Non-Entry) by Uncle B

Thank you to all who entered!

There were 12 people who voted. The race was extremely close with 1st and 2nd receiving the same amount of first place votes, and finishing only one point difference. It all came down to the 2nd and 3rd place points.

Now for the moment you have all been waiting for...

[​IMG]

3rd place: In bronze medal position with 17 points each is a tie between Best Wife Ever, and Snowed In!

2nd place: In silver medal position with 20 points, and four first place votes is Let It Snow.

1st place: The winner, in gold medal position, with 21 points, and also receiving four first place votes is Second Chances.

Congratulations to ahorsewithnoname and Little Miss K .

Other stories receiving first place votes were Snowed In, and Best Wife Ever.

Other Stories receiving votes were Revenge Of The Strong, The Senator And The Avenger, and A Beginning.

2. CAW SOP

CAW SOP Live. Love. Write. Staff Member

Thank you all. I would love to see this site grow, and the CAW to continue. It can't happen without all of us contributing.

Now it is time to sign off, and pass the account back to someone else.

CAW SOP signing off with one last big THANK YOU!

3. Jeymar

Jeymar Dean of the Perverts CAW SS Winner

Thank you for a job well-done CAW SOP. You put up a real challenge with the theme you chose and it brought out great stories to be produced.

Stealth Eagle and Uncle B like this.
  4. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member 3-Time CAW Winner

Shit. Sorry... Bump

5. HCB0414

HCB0414 Well-Known Member Multi-CAW Finalist 2-Time CAW SS Winner

6. Jeymar

Jeymar Dean of the Perverts CAW SS Winner

Congratulations to the winners. I feel no shame for losing to such talent. I'll be back. Just sharpen your pencils for CAW 34. LOL

7. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member Founder & Admin 7-Time CAW Winner 5-Time CAW SS Winner

Thank you Mr. CAW SOP (@Uncle B) . . . you did a helluva' job. Thank you Jeymar. Thank you HCB, and congrats back at you for your story! Congrats to @bistander, great story, helluva close vote too! Shout out to @Little Miss K, as it appears that I've somewhat ridden to victory on her coattails, as her end of the story was far better liked. Thanks to all who wrote, all who tried to write, all who read, all who commented, and all who voted. Writing in things like the CAW can be very rewarding, and I encourage those of you who wonder whether you should or not to consider this . . . I was in the same boat about a half-dozen years ago or so, and I took a chance, and it has been a wonderful, wonderful ride. Thank you.

HCB0414 and Redbeard1031 like this.
  8. Redbeard1031

Redbeard1031 Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this CAW. You all have made this winters readings totally enjoyable. I am looking forward to the next CAW as well as any other submissions that may be made. Thanks again.

HCB0414 likes this.
  9. bistander

bistander Well-Known Member Multi-CAW Finalist KAW Winner

Congratulations to everybody who was able to wrap a story around such an interesting set of words and phrases, and finish before the deadline. A special congrats to the winners. @ahorsewithnoname was sick and worried that he wouldn't finish in time, yet he still managed to write the longest winning story and another that placed. I hate overachievers. Great job @Little Miss K Sorry I bitched so much about the length, but I knew it was a great story. Next time co-author with me Miss K and I'll cut half the words. ;)

Thank you to everyone who made time to read, comment and vote. Without that, us authors wouldn't have a cause. A rebel without a cause is cool, but not an author.

I'm proud to say that two of my guesses were correct.:D

On Let it Snow, I'm sorry about those errors. I know many don't care, but I do and so will a publisher, so no excuse. You see mistakes in my stories, I want to know about them. Thanks Horse I used your original comments to make corrections.

I have to give credit to a friend of mine out on the left coast(nobody you know) for coming up with the framework for this story using some of the words.
    I'm months behind on Potential, so I swore I wasn't going to work on anything else. He talked me into it by telling me he would write it and all I'd have to do was make the sex better. He hand wrote 8 pages and mailed them to me. Because of that, I was able to spend three weeks researching the Anime characters, creating backstory, and completely changing his story. That's why it ended up being over 11,000 words. If he ever makes it here to read this, sorry and thanks.

Thank you to all who took the time to read this and give it your support, and thank you, God that I didn't win because I don't have time to do all that is required to run the show. Great job, @Uncle B

10. Missrachael

Missrachael Well-Known Member Queen of Cheshire

Hot Post
    Congratulations to the winners! I voted for all except Best wife ever and they were truly brilliant. Well done and I look forward to the next CAW and hope I can manage a workable story next time.

Also big thanks to out CAWSOP for a job well done.

11. ejls

ejls Moderator Staff Member Moderator CAW Founder 7-Time CAW Winner

My votes counted and that makes me happy. Seamless, horse and K. HCB, so impressed by your story. Well done, everyone.

HCB0414 likes this.
  12. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice 3-Time CAW Winner CAW SS Winner

I'm not sure what to say. :confused:

I really hope that someone liked the story. It really got into my heart, and I fell in love with it. I knew that it was getting long, but I kept finding things that I wanted to say. I'm sorry that it was such an inconvenience. :(

Horse and I started out writing a traditional entry. After a few chapters, it was clear that I was only telling one side of the story. It was then that we discussed telling it from both sides. I thought it was a good idea, and didn't realize that some people would find it annoying. Once again, I'm sorry. :(

Thank you to anyone who voted for it. A very special thank you to @ahorsewithnoname for being so patient with me and my busy life. I think I might have driven him a bit crazy. :oops: The whole experience was very fun and I am proud of the results.

I will try and keep my stories shorter in the future. :(

ahorsewithnoname likes this.
  13. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice 3-Time CAW Winner CAW SS Winner

This is how @ahorsewithnoname pictured writing with me would be.:)

images(6).jpg

This is probably how he felt by the end of it. o_O

images(7).jpg

Thank you for your patience and support. I couldn't have had a better partner. :D

14. fantasysflirt

fantasysflirt Active Member