CAW 33 -Fun With Words Reading List

Discussion in 'Calling All Writers - CAW 33' started by CAW SOP, Mar 4, 2018.

1. CAW SOP

CAW SOP Live. Love. Write.

So there you have it folks. Enjoy your reading.

In no particular order, I give you...

CAW 33 - Best Wife Ever

CAW 33 - Times Like These

CAW 33 - Snowed In

CAW 33 - The Senator and The Avenger

CAW 33 - Let It Snow

CAW 33- Second Chances

CAW 33- Revenge Of The Strong

CAW 33- Second Chances

CAW33 - A Beginning

CAW 33 - Kevin Takes A Shot (Non-Entry)

When reading, keep in mind that you will need to pick your top three. I think that two weeks should be plenty of time for everyone to read their way through the selections. Sometime next week, I will post the voting thread, and give an additional week for voting.

While enjoying your reading, try to concentrate on word usage, and how each author utilized each list. Every story should contain at least 1 selection from all three lists, with a total of 15 required words. Your votes are your own, and only you can determine what criteria you use to select the winner, but I think following the theme should count in your final choice.

I thank everyone who participated. Now it is time to see if the readers find any interest in what we have here. Good luck to all!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. 1 Toy Maker

1 Toy Maker Well-Known Member

Good luck girls and boys may the best seamstress win!

3. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

hey! Dressmaker thank you!

4. 1 Toy Maker

1 Toy Maker Well-Known Member

All i can sasy is WOW, ive read haslf of the entries already and they have bean nothing but mind blowing!
    I must say thpugh that i think one of you is a serious sadist.

5. CAW SOP

I haven't seen any complaints yet. Maybe I didn't screw anything up like I was afraid I would.

I hope that you all will have fun reading the stories.

6. CAW SOP

So... I have gotten a couple of people telling me that their highlights didn't transfer over during posting. If you would like to have that fixed, just send me a PM, and I will get it done.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  7. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

images(5).jpg

Yes, I'm talking to you.

fantasysflirt likes this.
  8. Uncle B

I plan on commenting on all the entries. Being CAW SOP, I don't think it is right for me to criticize any entry, but only point out all the good things that an author brought to this competition.

I am trying to be a benevolent host, so don't try and read too much into anything I have to say. None of my comments should reflect on how you vote.

9. Uncle B

Taking a few days off. Going to the lake for a much needed vacation.

I will be on some to do some reading. I hope that more people will find the time to read and comment as well.

images(6).jpg

HCB0414 and Little Miss K like this.
  10. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice

I have only had time to read 2 stories so far. :(

Hopefully I will be able to read more now that I am caught up on schoolwork. :D

HCB0414 likes this.
  11. fantasysflirt

fantasysflirt Active Member

I had two great ideas... I even sort of started one!
    Sighs...have I mentioned how much I hate school?

HCB0414 and Little Miss K like this.
  12. Uncle B

This is my opinion, and my opinion alone. If you want to tell a story, then for fucks sake tell that story the best that you can. If you get the telling part down, then the rest is only a matter of rules.

Grammar can be learned, but the ability to tell a story is something that comes from the heart. Find your story, then love it, and let it grow, eventually it will take a mind of it's own.

Editing will only fix the issues, it will never make a bad story better.

Tell the story that you want to read!

HCB0414 likes this.
  13. CAW SOP

[​IMG]

Voting thread is up. I would like to encourage everyone who has written in this CAW, or read the entries, to give our authors a comment, and vote for your favorites.

A lot of hard work is put into creating an entry for the CAW. While it might not be your favorite, it is still a lot of work to participate. The only "real" prize is the feedback they get after posting. Take a moment to give them a few words, and show them the courtesy of a quick review of their story.

Please note there is a unique "double entry" for this CAW. You might want to check and see if you have read EVERY entry.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Little Miss K and bistander like this.
  14. HCB0414

HCB0414 Well-Known Member

I have most of them read and made a comment to those. If I haven't gotten to yours yet I will I promise.