CAW 32: The votes are in...

Discussion in 'Calling All Writers - CAW 32' started by CAW SOP, Dec 19, 2017.

1. CAW SOP

CAW SOP Live. Love. Write.

...and I'm not gonna' do something cheesy like saying "I'm not gonna' tell you until tomorrow"...it's going to be the next day, muhahahahahaha.

Ahem.

Not a lot of voting. In fact, not all authors voted. Not particularly thrilled about that, but, it's possibly a bad time of the year with people being very busy.

Anyway...

In 3rd place, Too Old for Trick or Treat, by the lovely lady @ejls :smiley::smiley::smiley::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

In 2nd place, Trick or Treat, by the mysterious @TamLin :smilecat::smilecat::smilecat::smile::smile::smile:

And in first place, with 50% of the first place votes...

The Road, by @Uncle B !!! Congrats on your victory!! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::smileycat::smileycat::smileycat::smileycat::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Thank you to all of the authors, all who read and commented, and all who voted. Look forward to having you back in 2018 for the next CAW, hosted by Uncle B, CAW #33!

fantasysflirt and Little Miss K like this.
  2. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member

Congrats once more, Unc! :-D Woo hoo! Look forward to you hosting the next CAW!

Little Miss K likes this.
  3. Little Miss K

Little Miss K **Reigning CAW Champion**

YAY!!! Congratulations everyone! :D:):D

There were some very good stories. Are we going to get a full reveal on the writing list? :)

My top vote went to Silence. It was so good, and it had me in tears. But my next two votes are displayed in the winners. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  4. TonyBS

TonyBS Troublemaker

Congrats to @Uncle B , you got my vote.

Congrats to @TamLin , @ejls and everyone who entered. Thanks to @ahorsewithnoname for the hosting.

And what @Little Miss K said about a full reveal. If my story wasn't obvious, it's "A Modern Tale of the Lesser of Two Evils".

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. 1 Toy Maker

1 Toy Maker Well-Known Member

Well done to all and everyone.

6. fantasysflirt

fantasysflirt Active Member

Congratulations B, TamLin, and EJ!!!

Wonderful stories by everyone.

And I wrote Asmodeus's Love

7. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member

I was going to wait until at least tomorrow for the full reveal, so that anyone who wanted to guess could do so. :)

Little Miss K and fantasysflirt like this.
  8. Missrachael

Missrachael Queen of Cheshire

Congratulations to all, and despite it being glaringly obvious to some, mine was Silence. Some beautiful comments left on that which means a lot for many reasons so thank you all xx

9. AnX...

AnX... Bloody nuisance

Well done everyone and extra well done to the top three, one of the ones I voted for was in the top three:)

This is only the second comp I've voted in and the first I actively participated in and I'd just like to thank everyone for making it an enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to the next one.

10. Redbeard1031

Redbeard1031 Well-Known Member

As Meatloaf sings "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" my votes seemed to follow the way things turned out. Again I want to thank all the writers for submitting excellent stories that added to my reading enjoyment again during this CAW. A special shout out to the three who finished on top as the competition this time was really tough.

11. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

This was unexpected. I am surprised every single time that someone likes something I have written. It's not that I don't like them, I only write things that I enjoy. I never think other people will have the same opinion as me.

When I saw the picture, this story basically wrote itself. That road looks exactly like a road I used to travel for a job I did out of town. I did drive it too fast, and I had one very close call on it. My original thought was that Cole was supposed to be the ghost. About 3/4 of the way through I thought of other stories where people said my writing was predictable. I went back and reworked it, and added some things to lead people to that conclusion. I don't think it was a M. Night Shyamalan quality twist by any means, but I hope it was not predictable.

This wouldn't have been in my top three at all, even if I would ever vote on my own.

@ejls , you did a wonderful job as always, and surprise surprise, even without a picture number, you got my top vote.

@Missrachael , You are amazing. You are very courageous to tell your tale, and it moved me.

And to whoever wrote Dragon in Wonderland, That was some high quality writing. You took my third vote, and I can't wait to see who wrote it.

Everyone deserves a pat on the back, and a good stiff drink. I look forward to seeing who claims responsibility for what.

Don't expect any announcement on CAW 33 until sometime in January. Spend some quality time with loved ones, and have a very merry Christmas, and an amazing New Year!

Thank you to anyone who thought this was worth a vote. Now I have to come up with a theme.

12. ahorsewithnoname

When I get some free time (my to-do list is chuckling right now at me) I'll go and change the "author" of the CAW 32 posts to the actual author vs. CAW SOP. It's not quite as easy as it might seem, but I'll get to it, promise.

13. Little Miss K

Little Miss K **Reigning CAW Champion**

Congratulations to everyone, but I would like to send a special thank you to @fantasysflirt, and @AnX...! :)

Welcome to your first CAW! :D I love seeing new people and getting to read new styles of writing. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

For @Clover Ernest I will also give a welcome. I don't think you spent as much time as the ladies with your story, but it did make me smile. Try a little harder next time. o_O:p

14. TamLin

TamLin Well Respected Member

Nice job, Unc, I'm happy to see so many people turned out for this one. I voted for "Too Old" myself, but third place ain't bad. For that matter, second place isn't so bad for me either. Thanks to everyone who read. Cheers.

15. ejls

ejls Moderator Staff Member

I was so impressed with everyone's story. I have to say, I'm shocked I placed at all, and am thrilled that someone who claims he has little talent came in first. Congrats, B and TamLin. Horse, great job as always.

16. ahorsewithnoname

Okay, I have modified things so that authors are now associated with the stories they wrote. If there are any mishaps, let me know. For @TonyBS and @Luvsalik, the system only allows one author/member to be shown, so I modified the story itself, adding in both your names at the top. Best I can do.

Little Miss K and fantasysflirt like this.