CAW 32 Reading & Voting Phase - At Least 15 Reasons Why Life Can Be Scary

Discussion in 'Calling All Writers - CAW 32' started by CAW SOP, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bistander

bistander Well-Known Member

Okay, I finally read all of them, even the ones that weren't my cup of tea.

Not that anyone cares, but here's I was thinking I would choose. The first time I read the stories, I made notes/comments in a notepad and scored the story from 1 to 10;
    based on, Was it scary, was it a good story, was it well written, and how many errors I saw.
    Now, the three with the highest score, I'll read them again and pick one, two and three. I hope this works.

TertiusHuman and Little Miss K like this.
  2. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

well shoot! I thought we'd have a guessing post by now!

3. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member

I wanna' guess too! Okay, here are my guesses...

$8f8erFxb** wrote 09GU00FdjjllU&&
    and
    (88rg(90DwssE@ wrote )*(098ugfa00-usadg0
    and
    hmmm?

Oh. You want the decryption key?

Sure!

Naked selfies in my Inbox!

Who says corruption isn't a good thing! :smilecat:

ejls likes this.
  4. ejls

ejls Moderator Staff Member

I must be the last to finish reading and comment. Doesn't leave me a lot of time to review my short list, which again is quite lengthy. Well done, authors.

5. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

I voted. It was a tough decision, but ultimately I had to go with the one I felt hit all the criteria. If I had only voted on personal enjoyment, it might have been a different thing altogether.

This was the first time that my top three were not the same as my three favorites. It sucks for voting, but shows that there were some great entries.

Everyone did a great job, and I will have a drink for all of you. Literally.

fantasysflirt and AnX... like this.
  6. Little Miss K

Little Miss K **Reigning CAW Champion**

I have read them all. :D

There are some that I didn't like, others that I really liked, and some that I might not like as much, but were written superbly. I love horror, and there were some scary ones here. :eek:

With 3 stories about vampires, I would say that they are still the kings of horror stories. The Jack-o-lantern picture also collected 3 stories, (I'm going to say All Hallow's Eve was pic. 5.) so the enduring symbol of Halloween is safe. I thought for sure someone would have done a Rocky Horror Picture show parody, and I'm surprised there were no killer clowns. I know the story I wrote, I am 99% sure of 2 others, and have an idea on 2 more. That leaves a bunch that I don't have the slightest idea about. I look forward to the reveal.:)

I think this was a very good CAW, and now I have to figure out my votes. Let's see... where is that dart board? :p

7. TonyBS

TonyBS Troublemaker

I had to resort to a 3 way coin toss.

I had 3 top picks, and I just couldn't choose between them. That's never happened before.

Little Miss K likes this.
  8. AnX...

AnX... Bloody nuisance

Having read all the stories, commented and voted, I must say I found it extremely difficult to make a decision and stick with it. I'm glad I sent my vote in early and on first impressions and frequently I re read portions of stories or recapped on bits and changed my mind.

I also enjoyed reading the comments and opinions of others and I found those educational, amusing and not at all difficult to understand as I thought they might be. I now understand why you want comments on stories and will endeavour to be more vocal next time round. Also reading the comments helped me understand some of the stories, hence the re cap or full re reads.

Thank you from me for some very interesting reads and comments to keep mind active.

9. Missrachael

Missrachael Queen of Cheshire

Well, that was a tough set of stories, all worthy of a read, including the Godzilla entry! Good luck to all entrants. I've cast my votes based on the ones that gave me the best chills and that was from a shortlist of 9! Well done to everyone and I hope that CAW33 has a similar level of entries!