CAW 32: Life Sucks

Discussion in 'Calling All Writers - CAW 32' started by TertiusHuman, Dec 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TertiusHuman

TertiusHuman Well-Known Member

CAW 32: Life Sucks

“1933

A humanoid with elongated canines found in a hidden tomb inside the Black Forest.

Scientists are baffled by the discovery and a team of leading scientists are created to study the emaciated body.

Worldwide panic sets in regarding the Y2K virus. The media runs with stories about efforts on combating this virus.

Total media blackout about the reanimated Black Forest man.

Stories about the end of the world, causes panic worldwide. The media calms the masses with news from experts that the end is near. Panic that Armageddon has finally arrived.

No reports about the ten missing scientists which had been studying the re-animated Black Forest man.

A cure for possibly all illnesses is rejected by the UN, causing massive unrests.

It is reported that 50 people have disappeared in Hamburg on the same night.

The public outcry causes the media to place pressure on the governments of the world. Civil wars threaten until governments admit that a new plague has started. The dead have been rising and they have a thirst for blood.

“When it was found that the tales about vampires have been true all along, the leaders of the world came together for the first time in the history of mankind. They decided that further study had to be done to see if the power of these creatures could be harnessed. If so, then they could possibly rid the world of crime. Create soldiers who would be willing to explore the one frontier still left untouched.

In hindsight … they should have destroyed the creature.

It is now decades later and mankind are on the brink of extinction. Once we were the dominant species. We prided ourselves on our accomplishments, on our intelligence and our dominance over all.

Now, we are not anymore. A new human have risen and taken our spot at the top. Homo Necros, also known as “The vampire.”

Of course they are not dumb; for they know that if they wipe us out, they would starve and most likely emaciate to the point where they can’t come back. They keep us alive to produce blood for them. They make sure that we have enough food and drink, that we have the means to procreate and produce more blood bags for them. They also keep our numbers in check, making sure that we will never be able to overwhelm them.

Why do I say that we are on the verge of extinction then?

The free humans are. We are the ones not yet caught, those of us who still fight against these new overlords. We number in the lower spectrum of the hundreds, 480 give or take by the last count. But even though we are to be seen as an inferior class, we still hold one ace over the vampires: Their extreme allergies.

You may have heard about it. It’s called UV light and silver. The stories that we found out the hard way did not work; stories about their aversion to garlic and the wooden stake through the heart. They also do not possess the power to turn into mist, or change into bats, or even command nocturnal creatures or insects. They do however possess the power of being able to mesmerize people, and they can commune with larger animals to an extent. They are as powerful as ten men and though they are not blindingly fast, they are faster than the average human.

With training, we have found that vampires can be killed, so we killed them. Not by the thousands, but we made sure that they paid for any number of us that they put down. Of course losing one free human is far worse for us than for them to lose 100 of their kind. We have found that the only way to keep them at bay is to use strongholds, since they are faster than us and it was futile for us to run from them.”

“Babe, what are you doing?”

Steven paused his recording and swivelled his chair to face Claire. She shook her head.

“Are you busy making another recording?”

He shrugged. “Well the last one got destroyed and I mean, somebody has to know what happened.”

She walked closer and sat down on his lap, her arms circling his neck as she crossed her legs. She shook her head and said “You and your reports. How many have you made by now?”

He slipped one arm around her waist, placing the recorder down on the desk. “I believe that I have created around 50, but I am sure that I have produced 10, maybe 12. Of course that is the number of the ones who had survived.”

She leaned against him, her raven black hair soft against his skin and he took in her smell. The number of times where they could just sit and enjoy each other’s companywas hard to come by. Usually one of them would be on guard duty, or in training.Other times, he would be busy with the council, discussing better defences or talking about stronger weapons against their foes. The times they were in their quarters together was rare and far between:it usually meant time enough for a shower, a meal and sleep.

They were indeed a strange combination; though both well-trained, he was the scientist, the innovator and she the warrior and in a different time they would have been incompatible. However; in this new world, they fit each other like a glove.

But what would their common ground be?

Could it be their hatred for vampires? Or could it be their training?

It is actually funny what the thing is that bound them together: for it is the age-old saying of opposites. And in their case there is a lot of truth in that saying.

They first met in Paris, both fleeing from a fallen stronghold. With her skill, they managed to stay alive long enough for him to create a distraction and cover their retreat into the sewers. They stuck together, for there is power in numbers after all, even now. It was during their trek towards Moscow, that they grew close and found that they shared a fondness for one another.

Now they were part of the Chinese headquarters, the last bastion of mankind.

“You got to stop daydreaming. I might think you have somebody else.” Her fingers held his jaw and lightly shook his head. He blinked and looked up at her smile, the scar which made her smile lopsided, but to him, she still seemed like one of the most beautiful women he had ever met.

“I’m sure that if I admit to that, you will go and kill her and come bludgeon me with her head.”

She chuckled and leaned in to kiss him fiercely, lightly biting his lower lip as she pull away, “Of course, she will deserve that for stealing you away. So apart from telling future generations about us, what are you up to?”

They spent the next half hour going over a new shotgun round he had in mind. Since silver ball bearings proved to be quite useful in close quarters, he had been tinkering with the idea of hollowing out those balls and filling them with quicksilver. And if it worked like he hoped, they could replace the silver bearings with lead or copper, which in turn would be cheaper and easier to make.She sat on the edge of the desk, looking down at his schematics and pointing out snags.

He looked up at her and saw her once again in the banked firelight. The first night she had come to him, her body warm and demanding, her hands fast and sure, her mouth possessive and passionate. Afterwards she rose from his bedroll and told him that it meant nothing, it was just sex.

But she came to him again the next evening and when he took a chance the night after that, she accepted him into her bed. It seemed that it turned out that it wasn’t just sex after all.She genuinely cared about him.

She looked at him and gave him one of her knowing smiles. “I know that look. You’re thinking about something or someone else. And I know that it’s NOT work!”

He knew it would be pointless to argue and nodded. She chuckled and rose, pulling him up from his chair. “There is one good thing about you and that is the fact that you’re not a dull boy.”

He followed her willingly, looking at her hands; looking at the fingers that were blunt but powerful. He saw handsthat were used for combat and wrists that seemed almost too slim for her tiny hands. He saw the tiny scar on her right hand: the scar that was from an old wound, before it disappeared underneath the sleeve of her robe. He could see her legs, sleek and powerful, under the hem of her robe. Under her slender ankles,he caught a glimpse of feet that were bare and well-formed, as she led the way purposely towards the bedroom.

He could feel the intense desire smouldering within her by the way her fingers tightly gripped his. He had never doubted how she felt about him. She lived by a different code than him though; a code which made her grasp everything within her sight and squeeze the joy out of it. This was the kind of gusto that was passed down from warrior to warrior for generations.

Of course she wasn’t always a vampire killer all her life. In fact before the world-wide outbreak began, she already knew of ways to look after herself. Being in the armed forces did that to a person. Being a professor in Physics made him what he was as well. Of course, being slightly neurotic also helped. Her hands dropping her robe drew his attention away from any other thoughts. Her hands undoing his pants took away any other thoughts which were not focused on her.

Her brown eyes focused on his face as her hands continued to remove his underwear. The right side of her lower lip bit seductively under her teeth. To say that she didn’t know what she was doing while looking as innocent as a woman can look, would have been an insult to the intelligence and cunning of the woman who not only held his heart, but also his engorging cock in her hands. Her fingers teased, stroked and tugged at him, drawing him to full erection with expert ease.

She looked up at him with a satisfied little smirk playing over her lips. In another life and another time, this would have made him laugh, but right now it only served to increase his fervour for her. He acted on instinct: going for the one thing that got her hotter than a branding iron, as his hands dropped to her firm buttocks, squeezing firmly. Her eyes widened and then closed slightly as a slight whimper escaped from hermoist lips.

He drew her closer to himself, feeling the soft skin of her belly rubbing against his cock. He felt her body moving against his, her lips seeking his, as his hands kneaded her tight firm ass. When she dragged him after her, he knew that she didn’t need any foreplay; for it seems that talking about guns and ammunition with him made her wet. It made her horny with lust for him. He revelled in his ability to tease her; to make her want it so bad that she didn’t give the slightest damn.

A sharp pain shocked him and he withdrew slightly from her, she had bitten his lip, but not enough to draw blood. “Bitch.”She smiled proudly, pushing up against his throbbing cock, “And you want me that way.”He knew he couldn’t argue with her on that point. Nor did he stop her when she slowly slid her smooth body from his hands and down his body. He moaned softly as he knew what came next and she didn’t disappoint him, nor did she keep him waiting. Her lips locked around the head of his cock, her tongue flicking and teasing at it. Her hands resting on his buttocks as she started to slowly slide her mouth over his shaft, her tongue twisting and turning around his turgid member.

He could not stop the groan which escaped from his lips; he never could. Her warm mouth slid easily over his shaft and he could feel her throat as she took him in without hesitation, the muscles of her throat pulsing around his cock as she swallowed him whole. She drew back, sliding his cock back out of her mouth, the cool air a stark contrast to the heat of her mouth. She slid him into her mouth again, her hands gripping his buttocks as she her tongue swirled in circles around his hard throbbing cock. He almost exploded when she started humming and slid him down her throat again, his hands curled into her hair as she coaxed another groan from him. “Fuck babe, you’re killing me.”She popped his soaked cock from her mouth and grinned up at him, “Now, we can’t have that now can we?”

He tugged lightly on her hair and she raised easily, their mouths met as their tongues intertwined. He gripped her buttocks and used them as leverage, gripping firmly, he lifted her. She wrapped her legs around his hips, a satisfied smirk on her lips. He turned and slammed her up against the metal wall as she gasped slightly and then crooned, “Oh my, somebody is really horny tonight.”And he knew he was and wasted no time as she assisted him as best she could as she slowly bur deliberately spread open her legs. This action only took her a few seconds, but to him it felt him minutes. He knew he wanted her. And he wanted her BAD!! It was the anticipation of being inside her that was torture enough for him. Feeling the head of his throbbing cock push up against her soft flesh, feeling her wiggle her tight ass against him, he felt such a deep and uncontrollable lust for her as never before. He got even harder as he recalled the times she actually teased him like this; getting him to the point where he would go half-crazy with lust for her.

They both gasped as they managed to get themselves blindly aligned and his throbbing cock sunk intothe deep depths of her wetness. They did not waste any more time on small talk, for they both knew that they had teased each other enough and they wanted to consummate their need and lust for each other. She bit at his neck and earlobe as he thrust hard into her, feeling her engulfing him in afiery heat as her soft, wetness clung to him like velvet. The rippling of her inner muscles added to the pleasure as she tried her best to meet his thrusts. He could feel her nails now raking over his smooth back, as short as they were, digging into his flesh. She wanted to draw blood, but not this time, for this time it was just an added spice as they moved in rhythm together.

Her small breasts crushed against his chest, her lips hot on his skin, her buttocks firm under his hands and her moans of passion loud in his ear. He kept at his pace, thrusting hard and fast, building up his orgasm and working on hers as well. It didn’t take long. He felt her body go taut, her muscles gripping at his invading shaft, tugging at it with a need. With an urgent desire as she stifled her cry of pleasure against his shoulder. He knew that was all it took for him as he knew he couldn’t control it any longer, as the immense wave of pleasure washed over him. He leaned into her, keeping them both propped up against the wall, their bodies shuddering through their orgasms.

He was not sure how they managed it, but they were on the rumpled bed a few moments later, basking in the afterglow of their climaxes. She rolled on to him and smiled at him seductively, languidly, that Mona Lisa smile which made it hard for him to resist her. He knew that twinkle in her eye meant that she was happy and satiated. She teasingly slid down his body, placing soft kisses lightly but deliberately, on her way down. He moaned softly for he knew that he could not resist her, no matter how hard he tried. Of course, hard being the operative word. He knew he wanted her again. To be inside her again, thrusting and pounding her wanton body….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The far-off wailing of sirens woke him from a deep and dreamless sleep. He felt Claire stirred in his arms and when she opened her green eyes, he could see the recognition of danger flash into them. They moved very quickly, getting dressed and armed with silent efficiency. She had her station and he had his as they parted with a quick kiss. No words were needed as they have said them all before.

He reached his post, coming under attack almost immediately. He was not sure how many vampires there were, but he took his time. Aiming, pull the trigger, switching target, pull, switch, pull, not stopping until his magazine ran empty. Reloading only to continue killing and then to duck aside and engaging a male in hand-to-hand as the ammunition ran out and their defences start to crumble.The sound of covering fire as fresh reinforcements arrives to push back the enemy, picking up the weapon and joining in the attack. The roof creaking loudly and then fall down towards them, curses and cries of warning followed by darkness.

The light meeting his blurry sight is orange, the deep orange of the sun setting. Slowly figures swim into focus and he can make out Claire sitting next to him on the bed, looking out of the window, her dark hair loose and shimmering in the soft light. He turned his gaze towards her.

“Claire? What happened?”

“It was a shock attack, their numbers were so many.”

Was it just his imagination or did she sound different? Why did he taste blood in his mouth? He reached out, his hand and wrist covered with a bandage. He touched her arm, his fingers sliding over the silky material.

“Is it bad?”

“All is well now.”

As she spoke, she turned to face him. Her eyes luminous in the fading light, her canines pointed and her lips ruby red as she leaned towards him. A slight prick in his neck and darkness claimed him once more.

“3161

I am not what I used to be.

It is not as bad as one would think. The only thing that sucks is that Claire and I can’t walk along the beach during the day anymore. But on the up side, the sunsets have never been prettier.”

fantasysflirt likes this.
  2. Justanotherslut

Justanotherslut Active Member

Haha...at least it was a sort of happy ending. I think the formatting got a little wacky and there are spaces missing between words, not a big deal and easily fixable. An enjoyable story.

3. Missrachael

Missrachael Queen of Cheshire

Excellent read! Would love to see this story expanded further. Great, horny sex scene too! Thank you

4. AnX...

AnX... Bloody nuisance

Nice little story, I enjoyed it.

5. 1 Toy Maker

1 Toy Maker Well-Known Member

A solid story well told, a couple of bugs in the grammar department.

6. Pars001

Pars001 #1 Knight Writer

meh, no hope is not my cup of tea in a story. Many would enjoy but not I

7. bistander

bistander Well-Known Member

Thank you for putting in all the effort required to tell us this tale. My guess it's based on picture two. Well done. You provided a quick dose of backstory to get us up to date, then you gave us some steamy sex and a surprise happy--sort of--ending, and you did it in a reasonable amount of words. Well done. Thank you.

Now, if you'd like, here is my, hopefully, constructive criticism. I needed a paragraph or two explaining more about the two characters roles.

There should be a new paragraph whenever a new person speaks. I could still follow along, but that's considered standard practice because it can get confusing otherwise.

Another proofreading or two and you could have cleaned up some of the minor mistakes. Mostly tense issues.

Now, here is something that is just what I've always been told: Even though your vocabulary was well exercised in this piece--you used some great words--try to avoid overuse of words.
    One last thing that I struggle with all the time, using words like seemed and slightly. It might sound stupid, but I've been told it makes your writing stronger if you say exactly what it is. I'm sorry I can't explain that better.

I hope you don't see any of that as a put-down. It's not.

8. Little Miss K

Little Miss K Naughty but Nice

This was like watching a movie! :eek:

I can picture everything that was going on, even the fun stuff! ;) It got my attention and held it all the way through the end. I really like that you gave us a bare bones background, but didn't overdo the history.

I'm curious why you went so far into the future. Wouldn't 2160 have been far enough? It doesn't really matter, but I think if it's too far away things might not even be relatable to modern times. :confused:

The steamy scene was very very good! It put me in a certain mood. ;)

There was a lot of run together words. I think maybe this was written on a hand held device.

Very nice, I like it a lot! :)

Redbeard1031 likes this.
  9. Redbeard1031

Redbeard1031 Well-Known Member

This was an enjoyable story to read for me. The sex was great and the story was easy to follow. Whats not to like? Thanks for your submission.

10. Uncle B

Uncle B Well-Known Member

There is so much to love about this story that I couldn't resist commenting even though I am drunk. I'm going to start with the bad first.

All the way through this I kept seeing simple mistakes. Just to point out a few at the beginning, causes when it should be cause. Unrests when it should be unrest. Came instead of come. There are many of these little things that could have been found in a thorough proof reading.

Then there was quicksilver. This is a nickname for mercury. I'm not sure about the elemental connection between silver and mercury, but then again I have never killed a vampire.

Now that is out of the way, I really love this story. I read the first part like it was newspaper headlines from the past. When we got to Stephen's blog, we are quickly brought up to speed on what is going on. The fact that she is in many ways the dominant person is sexy, but both seem to be equal in their relationship. The sex was great.

Then all hell breaks loose, and there is a pretty good battle scene. Things seem rushed after that.

I love the happy, but not really happily ever after. Shit happens, but you make the best of it. At least they are still together, right?

11. ejls

ejls Moderator Staff Member

I really enjoyed your tale. There were parts that were weaker than others, but all in all I really liked it. I think it's a story that bears revisiting and perhaps turned into a novel.