About the Interaction thing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wantsomefun, May 11, 2017.

1. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member

@Desire Dapschev

The CAW SS is designed as an exercise in concise writing. If you go and read some of the entries, I think you'll find that you can pack quite a bit into 1,000 words. :) It's meant to give people an opportunity to knock something off quickly (my entry took 45 minutes) for fun, and make them short for others to read.

The CAW itself, this one CAW 31, is the longer contest. You get 45 days to write (I think this one is 45 days) and while there is a theme, there are no limits on words. I'm not sure about the shortest story, but I know the longest was about 100,000 words. Too long, actually. Most are in the 5,000 to 15,000 range.

fantasysflirt and Ben Bitten like this.
  2. Thank you! So if I wrote a short story of less than 1000 words that had a begining, a middle and an end" was concise and had meaning... I could enter?

Ben Bitten likes this.
  3. ahorsewithnoname

ahorsewithnoname Author & Admin. Live. Love. Write! Win a Pulitzer! Staff Member

Absolutely.

Here, go read this: The Gang of Seven

It's one of my entries. It'll take you less than 10 minutes. It wasn't voted the best, not even close, but it will give you an idea of how you can put together something to blow people's minds in under 1k. :)

Ben Bitten likes this.
  4. So if I wrote... "I was conquered, I came and now I'm sore." I might stand a chance of winning? Or perhaps using the original "I came, I saw, I conquered." would be plagerism? (she grins mischievously)

Ben Bitten likes this.
  5. ahorsewithnoname

Perhaps.

You inspired me to create a short short story. I just posted it as the first entry. I do not think we will get anything less wordy. :)

Ben Bitten likes this.
  6. Where do I find that short, short story? By the way I loved your Gang of seven story... made more sense after reading your explination (grin)

Ben Bitten likes this.
  7. Jayney Redd

Jayney Redd Guest

Hi everyone! :)

A bit late to the party but, like many of you, I had grown tired of the nonsense over on what appears to be now renamed 'Hell'. I logged in for the first time in quite a while the other night, and I would like to extend my thanks to those of you who invited/informed me of this place, and for the greetings posted on my profile.

I am delighted to discover so many old friends here, although that delight is of course tinged with sadness for the one absent friend.

8. 1 Toy Maker

1 Toy Maker Well-Known Member

So @Summer earlier today, yesterday or tomorrow, depending on where you are, pointed out that this thread existed.
    Most of you have seen me round but probably don't know me. My handle there is the same as here, I picked it because Xnxx didn't have a way to tag it in a conversation, they and you have since changed that. I am of the male persuasion and make stuff for a living.
    I am an aspiring writer of the weird and wonderful, like most of you I hail from XNXX, I wrote my first story for there 15 or so years ago, give or take a year, I haven't checked the saved date on it.
    In general I am anti-social and non-participating and only ever participated in the stories for the CAW competitions, which I'm terribly at. but I was recently struck by the thought of what a nice place XNXX used to be, and I realised the reason it was nice was because interesting people talked and interacted, this is what kept me there and drew other people, so fine! I will be nice and interact with all of you and try help make this a better place for all of us. If you want to know anything else ask.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. Jeymar

Jeymar Dean of the Perverts

There is so much going on here that I just noticed this thread. So, here goes with a lame introduction.

I'm also from the blue hell. I used to come and go because of all the rick-rack going on. The ones who know me or have interacted with me or read me know I'm a poor writer. I'm a french speaking Canadian from the province of Quebec : Canadiens, Nordiques, Expos, Impacts and the likes. Since my school days, I was always at the top of my English class, because bilinguism is important in Canada, after all we live in a majority English speaking continent. I did write a few stories and have received criticisms both good and bad. They did help me improve, but I will never aspire to win any competition, much less selling any stories. But I have fun trying to write things that a few appreciate.

Who am I? I'm a now, seventy-five year old as been, retired, widow, twice (did I fuck these two wives to death? NO! One passed away from sudden death (heart attack) the other's death resulted of two cancer remissions (pancreas and lung) before falling to a third (brain), this past spring. I now live alone, since my little Sonate (female cat companion) died a one and a half week ago.

I was a jack of all trades, excelling in none. I finished my working career as a rig driver, yes those eitheen wheeler you love to hate. Working as a team driver for trips from Montreal to Vancouver in the last few years of my driving career, that destroyed all the energy I had to continue.

I have made bad decisions all my life. from some I learned, from others I just repeated them over and over, expecting different results. Was it Einstein that said: "Insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"? So, yes I'm insane in many ways. Seventy-five years old, what does that make me before taking a shower? A dirty old man. Yes I've applied to become a member of the D.O.M. club. Too bad or is it good that showers for brain washing haven't been invented yet.

I did and still do participate in most competitions offered here and previously the blue hell. It helps me grade my progression or lack of.

Looking forward to interact with all of you, except for one black side of me. I would much appreciate to be able to block one thread, without defining the whole "General Forum" as read. I'm talking about "Quote of the day" where the sole creater and user refuses to have others participate. It's the only thread reserved for one member only. I would prefer not to see it at all. (Is that considered being a troll? I hope not, but if it is, I'll probably be kicked out, I'll assume my mistake, if so, and move on to other pasture, but not back to the blue hell.

Unless I write down my whole pedigree, I'll stop right her. I hope it enlighted the ones interested in knowing who I am.

Edited after proofreading.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    DarkThunder and 1 Toy Maker like this.
  10. Stealth Eagle

Stealth Eagle Well-Known Member

Hi all, My screen name is Stealth Eagle, and even though I am not an author I do like to read. I also have a fair idea as to what makes a story good. I am 67 and retired, and will be moving to Costa Rica in a couple of months, where I can live on a very limited income and not have to worry about shoveling snow.
    I forgot to mention some of my hobbies. They are reading, Photography, and computers. :)

( My avatar is one of my photos that was taken in front of my house.)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    DarkThunder and Summer like this.
  11. Stealth Eagle

Stealth Eagle Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard I hope you like it here.

12. DarkThunder

DarkThunder New Member

Well, might as well since I never have before, eh?

I'm... DT. A dude that once upon a time stumbled onto the smutty stories site, and became aware of the forum and the competition, which was the main reason at first I stuck around for, though over time I grew to like the community and the critique coming from those in it. I'm also an amateur writer, who's terrible at reading, haha.

Currently trying (and struggling) to focus more on stories as I became more politically aware (specifically, about identity politics). If you told me a few years back I'd care about politics I'd laugh at your words like a loon, but here I am. On a more political forum I'd probably be labeled a shitlord, and would wear the label proudly :p

Lover of music and smut, though you won't see me speaking about the latter :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    1 Toy Maker likes this.
  13. fantasysflirt

fantasysflirt Active Member

Well it would appear I have returned... I promised myself few months or so ago when this thread first started I would make an introduction and get a picture up..

Well here's my intro... I'm a FLIRT! Mainly with just the ladies - but catch me on the right day and I might lightly flirt with a male. I started reading sexy short stories and novellas when I was 15 years old. (You don't always have to be a member to read...I learned that!) I took a hiatus from reading the dirties and stuck with some real books for a bit. Stumbled on Hell again..started reading a series and kept up with it. One of my favorites stopped writing in a series - but continued to write others. I couldn't make a comment or send her "an email" (later learned an email is a PM lol) SOOOO!!! I joined Hell just to make a comment and send a PM about a series that I was hooked on.
    I have been a avid reader ever since.... I may take some hiatuses - some longer than others, but I always come back for more smut, the occasional photo, and the "Pub".

I've done some dabblin in the writing area...even posted one or two in Hell. Give me time, I'll try a CAW SS. Now to visit the Pub and read an entry from our CAW wsf event.

14. Ikeman

Ikeman Guest

Hi all,

Just joined from the other site on the recommendation of ahorsewithnoname. Still looking around to see what is here but I will be looking at posting some of my stories and creating new ones for this site. It seems every site I have been to or checked into has it own way of doing things and what is allowed and not allowed. So, to avoid problems with any of you, I will be reading the rules (I was an engineer, we follow rules) and looking at threads that might shed light on how things are done base on problems or questions others have had.

I am retired. From the Midwest farm states. You can check out my profile, I listed some of what I am interested, but writing erotica is one of them.

Looking forward to spending some time here. Thanks.

ahorsewithnoname likes this.
  15. ahorsewithnoname

@Ikeman, also, if you have questions, you can always start a conversation with me. I generally get back to people quickly. Generally. Heh.

Ikeman likes this.
  16. Digsy

Digsy Active Member

Digsy here. Age 41 from London. Basket case, pervert, raconteur.

I am also a defector from hell....

Looking for someone for candle lit picnics and long walks on the beach. Or failing that a quick knee trembler on the bench behind Tescos.

Joker, smoker, midnight toker...

Pleased to meet ya!

17. crackedjaguar

crackedjaguar New Member

Right Hi, I was at that other place too, used to be quite popular. I write smut, and I am sure I write it quite badly, quite well. Um not sure what to say here, I'm doing my best to survive cancer, so far so good.

1 Toy Maker likes this.
  18. ahorsewithnoname

You should participate here, pal. Too late for the CAW, but there's a CAW SS, max of 1,000 words, running until the end of the month.

19. Tcs1963

Tcs1963 Active Member

Hello everyone,
    I've not been in the blue place long and found it to be more like High School. I am not a writer by any means but I try to put into words things that go through my mind. Most don't know me and those who do, know I'm more quiet than loud unless provoked. I tend to write more slowly because it usually comes to me in pieces. I've enjoyed my time here so far and would love to stay and learn some. Maybe even write something that someone likes. I'm 55 year old mostly retired because of medical and attempting to exorcise the demons in my head. Anything else you need to know, by all means message. Thanks for having me...

bistander and PABLO DIABLO like this.
  20. PABLO DIABLO

PABLO DIABLO Active Member

That's so funny, we're so similar. I too am 55 (will be 56 in December). I'm currently on medical disability as well. I'm glad that you came over here. You write incredibly well.

ahorsewithnoname and Tcs1963 like this.